Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th February 2021, 23:07   #46
BHPian

Re: IOC launches country's first 100 Octane petrol in select cities

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachit.K.Dogra View Post
One theory which my friend has and which makes sense is that at this price very few people will buy it, which means chances of old fuel lying in their fuel tanks is real.

Rachit
First an foremost there is no expiration date on petrol in a tank under proper storage conditions, secondly premium fuel is stored in lower capacity tanks hence refuelling is faster and evaporation losses are lesser.

Please update your friend
Born 2 Be Wild is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th February 2021, 16:48   #47
Senior - BHPian

IndianOil's 100 Octane petrol is now available in Hyderabad, it is priced at Rs.160 per litre.

Quote:
This petrol is produced in IOC’s Mathura refinery. Experts say this premium grade fuel is best suited for BS VI vehicles
Source
Old 1st March 2021, 06:09   #48
BHPian

It may seem like buying higher octane “premium” gas is like giving your car a treat, or boosting its performance. But take note: the recommended gasoline for most cars is regular octane. In fact, in most cases, using a higher octane gasoline than your owner's manual recommends offers absolutely no benefit. It won't make your car perform better, go faster, get better mileage, or run cleaner. Your best bet: listen to your owner's manual.

The only time you might need to switch to a higher octane level is if your car engine knocks when you use the recommended fuel. This happens to a small percentage of car.
Old 5th October 2021, 20:30   #49
BHPian

After reading this I looked up the owner manual.

Can someone help me with what fuel I am supposed to use with my car? I have been using good old regular petrol but I looked this up in my owner manual and it recommends atleast 95% octane. Am I reading this right?

IOC launches country's first 100 Octane petrol in select cities-petrol.jpg
Old 9th December 2021, 12:14   #50
BHPian

I did a XP100 tank fill on my 2021 330i, tank level is at 75% now. I have seen no change in performance or mileage. On the other hand the pops and bangs are gone. And don’t hear them until I rev above 4K RPM. What can cause this?
Old 9th December 2021, 13:52   #51
BANNED

I by mistake had filled up an empty Honda City Petrol Fuel Tank with 100 Octane fuel and was shocked with the near 6000Inr bill. Only then i actually checked and came to know it is Inr 160 per litre. This was a few weeks ago when i was in a hurry. I was in a shock for quote some time.
Trust_In_Thrust is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th December 2021, 19:38   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NirDiwakar View Post
I did a XP100 tank fill on my 2021 330i, tank level is at 75% now. I have seen no change in performance or mileage. On the other hand the pops and bangs are gone. And don’t hear them until I rev above 4K RPM. What can cause this?
What kind of fuel do you regularly use in your 330i? Compared to using regular petrol (91RON), the higher octane of xp100 should allow your engine to advance timing and make more power but only to a certain extent. In my experience, the B48 will work really well on XP95 and above (95 RON min. as recommended by BMW) so you don't need to splurge on power99 or XP100 unless you're running a tune that demands the higher octane.

I have enough evidence through datalogs that fuel quality can have massive variations from one pump to another so it may be a rare case of getting a bad batch of fuel. Just try a COCO pump next time if you're really intrigued about trying out XP100. Otherwise, sticking to XP95 would be the best choice.
Old 9th December 2021, 20:04   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dealer View Post
What kind of fuel do you regularly use in your 330i?
I have been filling the usual petrol since I took the delivery. This is also what the BMW dealer suggested. After driving for 1000Kms I decided to finish the running in using XP100. I haven't tried XP95 yet, but that will be my choice henceforth.
The one odd pump we have in Patna which gives XP100 is on the outskirts. I saw that when regular petrol is Rs.110, splurging on XP100 was a no brainer. I'm perplexed on losing the pops and bangs at lower revs. I am certain that this tank fill did nothing to improve the mileage. I haven't pushed her to any decent limit to know any perceptible difference.
Old 9th December 2021, 20:08   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dealer View Post

I have enough evidence through datalogs that fuel quality can have massive variations from one pump to another so it may be a rare case of getting a bad batch of fuel.
Hi, could you please share with us the evidence you have deduced as to fuel having massing variations from one bunk to the other. Also what sort of tests did you run on the fuel for the same?
Old 10th December 2021, 06:06   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born 2 Be Wild View Post
Hi, could you please share with us the evidence you have deduced as to fuel having massing variations from one bunk to the other. Also what sort of tests did you run on the fuel for the same?
I had collected timing logs using my tuning software while trying out Power99 from 2 different petrol pumps in my city. I made sure that I kept other factors like IATs similar if not the same by testing at the same time and location. What i noticed was that I had timing corrections and much less timing advance on the second batch (not COCO pump) in comparison to absolutely clean logs on the first batch from the COCO pump. I'll look for the logs and share links with you over PM for the same. Do note, this isn't proper fuel quality testing but from a performance perspective, it's the only way to judge how a fuel is performing.
dealer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2022, 14:12   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gismosin View Post
After reading this I looked up the owner manual.

Can someone help me with what fuel I am supposed to use with my car? I have been using good old regular petrol but I looked this up in my owner manual and it recommends atleast 95% octane. Am I reading this right?

Attachment 2215437
Hello - I had the same query and received the response below from Volvo India Customer service.

"Greetings from Volvo Car India!

We acknowledge the receipt of your email with questions regarding fuel for your XC40. We wish to apprise you that we recommend High Octane 95 & the 98 is best but it is available at selective places. However, regular petrol can also be used but we recommend High Octane 95. We hope this solves your query!"

The dealer continues to insist that regular fuel is 100% recommended! I am in a quandary too and hoping to first check availability of XP95 from IOCL in Bangalore & Mysore where i'm mostly based out of, try it and then share some observations.
Demonhead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2022, 20:46   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demonhead View Post

The dealer continues to insist that regular fuel is 100% recommended! I am in a quandary too and hoping to first check availability of XP95 from IOCL in Bangalore & Mysore where i'm mostly based out of, try it and then share some observations.
I have easy access to XP95 because of a couple of IOC pumps close by, but am not sure if the extra Rs.5 per liter translates in to something substantial. I might one of these days fill it up with XP95 and try to observe benefits, if any. Just out of morbid curiosity, if not anything else.
Old 3rd June 2023, 11:52   #58
BHPian

Hi, apologies if this a dumb question, what is the ethanol content of XP100 fuel.
Old 3rd June 2023, 12:06   #59
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFonz View Post
Hi, apologies if this a dumb question, what is the ethanol content of XP100 fuel.
My local IOCL pump owner says E10.
I’m keeping fingers crossed and adding extra booster juice by way of STP and Proctane Boost additives.I will soon receive some stock of STABIL ethanol treatment and will use it at least in my Cooper S.
Attached Thumbnails
IOC launches country's first 100 Octane petrol in select cities-img_0565.jpeg  

IOC launches country's first 100 Octane petrol in select cities-img_9478.png  

IOC launches country's first 100 Octane petrol in select cities-img_2442.png  

shankar.balan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st October 2023, 03:28   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFonz View Post
Recently, I checked about that while I was filling XP100 for my 2016 Verna AT. The supervisor said that the XP100 batch they received last isn't blended with Ethanol.

You can use the IndianOil ONE app to raise a query about it by selecting the specific outlet or the dealer. You will get a response within two days or so.

I have filled XP100 a few times in my Verna AT. There is a negligible difference in terms of mileage.

But the engine sounds a lot smoother, produces power quickly with milder accelerator inputs, and the gearshifts have become subtler compared to Normal Petrol as well as XP95.
silver-stand is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks