Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Which is YOUR car of 2020?
Nissan Magnite 143 7.40%
Tata Altroz 322 16.67%
Hyundai i20 17 0.88%
Hyundai Aura 4 0.21%
Kia Sonet 143 7.40%
Mahindra Thar 794 41.10%
Hyundai Creta 47 2.43%
Honda City 49 2.54%
Tata Nexon EV 295 15.27%
Volkswagen T-Roc 28 1.45%
MG ZS EV 8 0.41%
Skoda Karoq 34 1.76%
Kia Carnival 34 1.76%
MG Gloster 1 0.05%
Audi Q2 1 0.05%
BMW 2 Series Gran Coupe 8 0.41%
Range Rover Evoque 4 0.21%
Voters: 1932. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th December 2020, 12:24   #151
BHPian

re: Team-BHP Car of the Year, 2020. EDIT: It's the Mahindra Thar!

Voted for Altroz,

Being the common man car, it fits best for COTY.
Old 4th December 2020, 12:29   #152
BHPian

Voted for Tata Nexon EV.

I can understand why the Thar is leading. But personally, offroaders never appealed to me.

The Tata Nexon EV is interesting because it will hopefully become a catalyst in bringing in the EV revolution. And at the price, it is a mainstream product for people with mid-range budgets.

From a product perspective, the Nexon EV is more interesting. It's kind of like the new Macbooks from Apple. Everything remains the same, except the internals, where it has electric instead of ICU.

Last edited by sidoza : 4th December 2020 at 12:30. Reason: Grammar
sidoza is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2020, 12:48   #153
BHPian

Voted for altroz.
Kudos to Tata for providing safer cars in an affordable price. Nissan has also done a great job with Magnite, I thought their game is over after the Kicks but this company isn't going to give up easily. All the best to them.
Old 4th December 2020, 12:51   #154
BHPian

Had to vote for the Nexon EV. Although I am on the fence as to whether it qualifies as a "new car". But given the promise the technology holds and the forum mods decided it qualifies as a new car, I had to vote for that.

Also, over the course of the last decade the quality of cars on offer in terms of driveability and features has improved by leaps and bounds. Compare the imported cars of a decade ago to Indian made cars on offer then and compare them now. The price gap is now just not justified except for badge shouting rights.
invidious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2020, 13:07   #155
BHPian

I was really torn between Tata Nexon EV and Mahindra Thar but finally voted for Nexon EV.

That had the 'almost copy of the Wrangler' going against it and other than that I didn't have anything against it on that segment at that price point. However, I picked the Nexon EV because I believe this is the actual initiation of affordable and useable EV tech in the country. Hopefully, in a decade's time we can look back and say that the launch of TATA Nexon EV at around 16 Lakhs with a useable range of 250 kms was what kick started the advent of affordable long range EV for the masses.
BLACNWYTE is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th December 2020, 13:12   #156
BHPian

Voted for Tata Nexon EV. Thought long and hard about Nissan Magnite ( for bringing in disruptive pricing and just about that alone) and Mahindra Thar but felt Nexon EV deserves a fair bit of appreciation from our side as well. It surely is the biggest harbinger of change and symbolises much more than just being an attractive EV package with a decent running range at the moment.

Disclaimer: I intend to hold on to my polluting BS4 diesels as long as possible, though!
dtox is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2020, 13:15   #157
Senior - BHPian

Some very good launches this year and a tough choice to make. Unlike other journos who create new segments, we at Team bhp pick just one winner.

I personally liked THAR, nexon EV and Altroz. Too early to comment on nissan magnite apart from its price.

So I will go with Altroz for the direction tata has taken in EV space and the product looks solid as compared to previous attempts in our market and at the same time price is sensible too for mass market.
Old 4th December 2020, 13:23   #158
BHPian

Voted for the Altroz.

Would have bought it and been driving around in one if only one of the 3 Tata dealerships I visited had given me a decent enough exchange price for my old car.Ended up purchasing the xuv300 .

The Altroz is a real fine car with great ride and handling and gem of an engine.
Old 4th December 2020, 13:32   #159
BHPian

Voted for Thar. For the excellent looks and the 4 Star Crash GNCAP Rating.
If I had another option, I would have voted for Tata Altros
Old 4th December 2020, 13:35   #160
BHPian

Just thought of expanding my voting thoughts .. Till the pricing revealed for Magnite, I had only 3 contenders in my mind. Thar, Altroz and Sonet.
  1. Thar --> Even though it is a copy paste of wrangler, it gives a lot for what you pay. The interiors are like black and white when compared to first gen Thar. And the road presence is amazing. Overall a clear winner and Mahindra clearly got it right.
  2. Altroz --> Overall a great hatch and it is safe too. Loved to have strong engines to make it as hot hatch.
  3. Sonet --> gives you all the bells and whistles, but at a premium. Would have picked it any day, if safety and glitches would have gotten addressed (From the Kia stable, but when I look at the body architecture shared on T-bhp, I believe it may get only a 2 star -- maximum )

That is when Magnet released the pricing, it trumped all of the above and won my heart.
Old 4th December 2020, 13:49   #161
BHPian

Mahindra Thar for sure because of the following reasons -
1) 4 Star Safety rating
2) Vocal for Local tag
3) Looks and attention grabber.

Next choice would be naturally TATA Altroz.
Old 4th December 2020, 13:50   #162
Distinguished - BHPian

Voted for the Tata Nexon EV.

Though the heart wants to vote for the new Thar as the COTY 2020, it is more important to focus on the environment in a day and age when fossil-fuel-guzzling SUVs need to be shown the thumbs down. After all, such SUVs have been around for some time now, and no amount of logical reasoning can justify such an ill-suited vehicle to be one's daily driver.

OTOH, despite the world's persistent focus on trying to popularize EVs, there are no options at a reasonable / affordable price point apart from the Nexon EV in India (the MG ZS EV and the Hyundai Kona are far more expensive than this one). It is a sad statement of our thought process that the biggest environmental fiend of a vehicle in the list is well on its way to becoming the COTY 2020 by popular vote, but the most environmentally- (and pocket- ) friendly vehicle on the list hardly gets the attention it deserves.
SS-Traveller is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 4th December 2020, 13:54   #163
BHPian

Thar would be my favourite pick of the lot.
For making the jeeplife more accessible to a wider buying audience and mainly the efforts made in appealing to lady drivers. But it still retains some impracticality as the only car in the house. Still it's the Car of The Year IN India.

Thats why I voted for the Magnite.
For an unchallenged value pricing.
For taking the fight up against three segments together with a single car.
For showing that it's actually possible to make and sell a proper CVT under the 10lac barrier.
For managing to look good under 4m unlike another chopped can.
For showing heart when we thought all is lost with the company and we're ready to say goodbye., For putting up one last fight.

For giving us Hope in these troubled times.

The Magnite is a beacon at the end of miserable 2020.

Magnite is the Car of the Year FOR India.
vigneshkumar31 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th December 2020, 13:55   #164
BHPian

Voted for the Nexon EV, as i consider it to be a great effort by Tata motors to offer a really affordable, safe & practical electric vehicle with a decent range for our market.
123.rishabh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2020, 13:55   #165
Senior - BHPian

Lovely to see the support for Tata cars. I just hope this starts reflecting in sales charts soon. If their honest effort is not rewarded with apt sales numbers am afraid they will be just restricted to TeamBHP pages and other manufacturers will continue to provide compromised bodyshell cars taking que from the market leaders. Take a bow TATA

Having said that voted for Thar just because it feels WOW(not very practical but pulls the heart strings )& 4* rating sealed it for me. Might not own one anytime soon but if I were in market now that would have been my pick.

Last edited by SoumenD : 4th December 2020 at 13:57.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks