Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 7th May 2012, 09:58   #436
Senior - BHPian

re: High security registration plates (HSRP) in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by triedeverything View Post
It is available in a lot of places now. I talked to one mechanic near the Cantonment area in Bangalore and he said the plates would cost Rs 1200 for a pair. He says that the plates are made in a single place which nobody knew about and that they were just agents.

But I fail to understand in that case how the lettering size could vary. Yesterday I saw a swift with really small lettering and his plates were HSRP complete with the hologram too! Only his front plate was small, his rear plate was of the standard size. So not sure what or whom to believe here.
Dont think those will be HSRP number plates, as mentioned HSRP plates will have the RC book code encoded and that has to be done by the RTO, the ones you saw were probably made local. I have those embossed plates with IND all over it, its done at one place in Bangalore near Kodihalli. All these auto accessories shop get it done there for an extra charge.
Old 7th May 2012, 10:03   #437
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

But I fail to understand in that case how the lettering size could vary. Yesterday I saw a swift with really small lettering and his plates were HSRP complete with the hologram too! Only his front plate was small, his rear plate was of the standard size. So not sure what or whom to believe here.
I am sure this person was using a plate made for a bike. Even one of my friends has the same on his swift.
Old 7th May 2012, 10:50   #438
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
Dont think those will be HSRP number plates, as mentioned HSRP plates will have the RC book code encoded and that has to be done by the RTO, the ones you saw were probably made local. I have those embossed plates with IND all over it, its done at one place in Bangalore near Kodihalli. All these auto accessories shop get it done there for an extra charge.
How much did it cost you? Did you get it done at this Kodihalli place? It would help if you could you share the exact location and address.
Old 7th May 2012, 10:57   #439
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
How much did it cost you? Did you get it done at this Kodihalli place? It would help if you could you share the exact location and address.
I got it done at a neaby car shop as going there you need to make some time.

This place is near the Total mall, there is one cinema hall you need to take the gulli besides it. Sorry mate my memory eludes me on the exact address or the shop name.
Old 7th May 2012, 11:19   #440
BHPian

Quote:

Yes he is right, UTSAV is the only authorized company in INDIA to make this.
My Guess: He might have taken front one which is allowed for bike and rear one was the normal one which is aproved for car.

I think we should wait and get it done only when RTO approves it.
Old 7th May 2012, 11:40   #441
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It is available in a lot of places now. I talked to one mechanic near the Cantonment area in Bangalore and he said the plates would cost Rs 1200 for a pair. He says that the plates are made in a single place which nobody knew about and that they were just agents.

Putting 2 wheeler size number plate on a car is illegal. I am sure the small font plate in the rear would have been made by stamping the 2 wheeler font size on a 4 wheeler steel plate. I have seen on of this too. It is definitely illegal in terms of correct size.
Old 12th May 2012, 07:35   #442
BHPian

Quote:
It is available in a lot of places now. I talked to one mechanic near the Cantonment area in Bangalore and he said the plates would cost Rs 1200 for a pair.
Apologies. I read the whole thread and looks like we'll have to wait for an announcement from the RTO to get this fixed. You can still get the IND plates, but remember, once this is implemented, you'll have to get them done again. Its better to wait.
Old 14th May 2012, 20:59   #443
BHPian

Source: CARTOQ

HSRP now mandatory, starting from delhi. HSRP prices are Rs. 69 for a two wheeler, Rs. 86 for a three wheeler and Rs. 214 for a four wheeler.
Old 22nd May 2012, 18:11   #444
Senior - BHPian

So I got my HSRP installed on my Skoda Superb yesterday at Haldwani, Uttaranchal. Here's how they look and feel -

High security registration plates (HSRP) in India-skoda-superb-hsrp-front-plate-1.jpg

The holographic Security Sticker attached on the Front Windshield

High security registration plates (HSRP) in India-skoda-superb-hsrp-sticker-1.jpg

Total job took less than 10 minutes to install. They were fitted in the existing screw mounts BUT as the security rippet was of a larger diameter, the holes had to be enlarged by a drill. The RC was handed only after the plates were installed and the unique number of each HSRP was printed on the RC too.

Total cost charged was 485/-. Vendor was Utsav.

Last edited by dkaile : 22nd May 2012 at 18:35.
dkaile is online now   (9) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2012, 19:43   #445
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y@SH View Post
HSRP now mandatory, starting from delhi. HSRP prices are Rs. 69 for a two wheeler, Rs. 86 for a three wheeler and Rs. 214 for a four wheeler.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
So I got my HSRP installed on my Skoda Superb yesterday at Haldwani, Uttaranchal. Here's how they look and feel -

I wish they mandate it all over india. This would reduce car thefts to a great extent. Its pretty economic too. I mean an average 2wheeler / 4wheeler buyer can afford the same.

The could at least offer an option to those who are interested. If Available I would go ahead and get the same irrespective of whether its mandated or not
Old 22nd May 2012, 23:20   #446
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
any idea on whether and how they will re-issue the security sticker for windshield in case one has to replace the windshield?
Old 23rd May 2012, 00:37   #447
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by infotech58 View Post
any idea on whether and how they will re-issue the security sticker for windshield in case one has to replace the windshield?
One can normally take out the sticker and paste the same back on the new windscreen or whatever.

I had done the same when my Silver Civic had got tints fitted after getting the No Plates punched.
Old 23rd May 2012, 09:11   #448
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by infotech58 View Post
There is a official procedure to re-apply for HSRP in case of damage to the plates or the sticker but one will need to go back to the RTO to get that done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cityvic View Post
One can normally take out the sticker and paste the same back on the new windscreen or whatever.
Right now the enforcement procedure for HSRP is non existent and it will take at least 5 to 10 years for proper implementation of this policy. Till then it's a free ride for everyone. My only boundation to install the HSRP's was that they were not releasing the RC book without it's installation. No one is really checking whether the sticker is stuck or not, as of now.
Old 18th June 2012, 19:08   #449
Senior - BHPian

Does anyone know where can I get the Number Plate frames (plastic) in Chennai? I am trying out hardly for the last 2 weeks but, no luck. I tried at some of the major number plate guys at GP Road as well.
Old 26th July 2012, 19:08   #450
BHPian

It seems the policy is not at all enforced in hyderabad. I got my Brio registered and the showroom folks delivered the standard(plastic number plates with black stickers) at home.

Most Viewed