Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th October 2012, 09:46   #466
BHPian

re: High security registration plates (HSRP) in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
So I got my HSRP installed on my Skoda Superb yesterday at Haldwani, Uttaranchal. Here's how they look and feel -
Shouldn't there be 'INDIA' in small blue font written across diagonally on the board? I think thats what I read somewhere.
Old 18th October 2012, 09:50   #467
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DudeWithaFiat View Post
Shouldn't there be 'INDIA' in small blue font written across diagonally on the board? I think thats what I read somewhere.
Only IND mark (signifying India) is supposed to be there which is clearly seen in blue as seen in the post here - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post2785006 Cheers...
Old 18th October 2012, 12:48   #468

This is the latest from Delhi on the HSRP's:

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/c...w/16857208.cms

This was followed by this article this morning!! :

http://www.faadooengineers.com/conte...efty-fine.html

Its amazing what officials would do to haul money out of you. The small time cops - illiterate as they may be are only stopping vehicles to charge something or other.

Court order 1 - Deadline October 15, 2012 - On October 16th, over 100 vehicles challaned. Documents confiscated. Have to go to court.

Resolution on October 16th: New date - October 31st, 2012. Where do the people who got challaned on October 16th go ????

Resolution says - Any vehicle registered within a fortnight or bought within a fortnight should have these installed in and around Delhi / NCR. RTO claims they have so many in stock which people have not collected that they will not issue new ones till their stock is depleted. Online status shows waiting for 1 month but they will fine in 15 days!

Waah Waah Waah !!! Applause!!!!
Old 18th October 2012, 15:29   #469
BHPian

I bought a new vehicle in the first week of September and got it registered under the Ghaziabad RTO, i.e., even though i put up in Delhi i got myself a UP 14 number to save a few bucks

Now that this drive to challan new vehicle owners would this cover my vehicle or those vehicles which are Noida or Ghaziabad or for that matter any other NCR area registered ?? Am pretty sure blood (read money) hungry traffic cops would be keeping an eye out for any remotely new looking car on the roads, but all this news about HSRP says nothing about the NCR regions and validity of this drive on vehicles registered under NCR RTO's per se.

Anyone has any info on this one ???
Old 18th October 2012, 17:45   #470
BHPian

What about the cars that are bring used out of state? I mean my car is JK (Jammu) registered, but I'm using it in Bangalore. So will I have to take my car to Jammu to get the HSRPs installed? Or can I get it installed here too?
Old 19th October 2012, 11:44   #471

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigyy View Post
I bought a new vehicle in the first week of September and got it registered under the Ghaziabad RTO, i.e., even though i put up in Delhi i got myself a UP 14 number to save a few bucks

Now that this drive to challan new vehicle owners would this cover my vehicle or those vehicles which are Noida or Ghaziabad or for that matter any other NCR area registered ?? Am pretty sure blood (read money) hungry traffic cops would be keeping an eye out for any remotely new looking car on the roads, but all this news about HSRP says nothing about the NCR regions and validity of this drive on vehicles registered under NCR RTO's per se.

Anyone has any info on this one ???
If you got it registered in September, you still do not have the HSRP yet? Do you have a receipt for it? You can check the status online. I am not sure it is still compulsory for UP or not. I am sure it is for Delhi. What about your current plates? Have you put up normal plates yet? I think you need not worry that much.

To check online status of HSRP in Delhi:

http://www.delhi.gov.in/wps/wcm/conn...tration+plates

@asethi: The HSRP's are issued at the place where you have applied for the same. If you have an older vehicle with normal plates and not yet applied for the HSRP's, you can make the application at the Bangalore RTO and your plates when ready would be available for fixation at the same place. For new vehicles, since the application for HSRP's have to be done along with registration at the same time, hence it is available at the same RTO where the car is registered.

Note from Team-bhp support: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the same thread!

Last edited by moralfibre : 19th October 2012 at 12:09.
Old 19th October 2012, 11:47   #472
BANNED

Prodigyy; I do not think (and hope) so. UP is still to notify HSRP. I hear the tender process is on. Of course you can always trust the cops to go for a fast buck any time.
Old 19th October 2012, 11:52   #473

@sgiitk: I agree. As in Delhi/NCR there are too many cars with DL/UP/HR plates. They have for now, put the deadline at October 31, 2012. So we will have to just wait and see. For my new Jazz, I have given the documents for registration in HR but yet to get a receipt for the HSRP.
Old 19th October 2012, 13:42   #474
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by knarang View Post
If you got it registered in September, you still do not have the HSRP yet? Do you have a receipt for it? You can check the status online. I am not sure it is still compulsory for UP or not. I am sure it is for Delhi. What about your current plates? Have you put up normal plates yet? I think you need not worry that much.
Nop, no receipt or anything of that sort, this was all done through the dealer. I just have my normal number plate with a regular number. I have absolutely no idea as to where to go for an HSRP in UP, all the google search shows is that there is a single vendor for HSRP for Noida & Ghaziabad somewhere in Noida. Absolutely no clue as to where it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Prodigyy; I do not think (and hope) so. UP is still to notify HSRP. I hear the tender process is on. Of course you can always trust the cops to go for a fast buck any time.
I hope so too for my good, and i am pretty sure that the cops would definitely be keeping an eye out for my car as i have to travel to Delhi day in and day out !!
Old 20th October 2012, 22:53   #475
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by knarang
Hey satyam, thanks for the view.

Pls inform how I can put a normal number plate when I don't have a registered number yet? I have my temp plates installed at the moment. Besides, the car is brand new ... if they have launched a drive today as per TOI's article yesterday with 25 teams and all that jing bang .. it would be easy to stop every new looking car and ask for papers?
Sorry my bad, i thought you already got your reg. no and you are yet to get your HSNP's installed.
Well in your case i would say just relax, keep the receipt of the registration along with you while you are driving, even if a cop stops you i dont think he would chalan you for not getting a reg no. That's is something not in your hand. You cant get a plate until and unless you know yor reg. no.

So just wait until you get your reg. no and once you know it get a standard sticker typ no. Plate.
As you said you already have the temp. Plates, just got to a normal accessory shop and get the reg no. pasted on the plate using those normal standard black stickers. It would hardly cost you Rs.20 ;p

Relax its just a minor issue
Nothing much to think about
satyamkaushik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2012, 16:29   #476

Thanks Satyam ... I surely hope so.. if u have read the article that I posted last, it says - any new vehicle in Delhi without HSRP's installed within 15 days of purchase post October 31st would be challened or impounded. Although there is a lot of ambiguity, the road police hawaldars' who are out to make a quick buck will still make merry. Specially in case my wife is driving the car at that fateful moment. So .. just have fingers crossed now until the HSRP's are approved and installed.
Old 21st October 2012, 17:30   #477
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Satyam ... I surely hope so.. if u have read the article that I posted last, it says - any new vehicle in Delhi without HSRP's installed within 15 days of purchase post October 31st would be challened or impounded. Although there is a lot of ambiguity, the road police hawaldars' who are out to make a quick buck will still make merry. Specially in case my wife is driving the car at that fateful moment. So .. just have fingers crossed now until the HSRP's are approved and installed.
The hawaldars out there surely look for an opportunity to make some quick money, but sometimes a polite and a friendly talk with them does the trick, if you know what i mean
Specially if its a lady i don't think they would want to mess up.

Its been 20 days to my cousin's swift and he still hasn't got the HSRP's confirmation, and he's till running on a normal plate.
Moreover he does a delhi-noida-delhi every weekend, and hasn't been stopped by any of the thulla's/hawaldar's till now.

By the way this is the 100th post by me on Team-Bhp, do i need to celebrate ?
Old 22nd October 2012, 10:48   #478

Dear Satyam

Congrats on your 100th post! Haha. Anyway, the deadline now is 31st October. So it would remain to be seen after that. If you have read Friday's newspaper- they have challaned further 125 odd drivers. I am not sure if they were actually driving without a proper number plate or it was something else. As I said, fingers crossed!
Old 22nd October 2012, 19:08   #479
Senior - BHPian

Can anyone let me know what is the procedure to apply for a HSNP for older cars? (mine is almost an year old). Is there a online system where i can apply and then wait for the plate to come?
Old 23rd October 2012, 01:13   #480
BHPian

Quote:
Dear Satyam

Congrats on your 100th post! Haha. Anyway, the deadline now is 31st October. So it would remain to be seen after that. If you have read Friday's newspaper- they have challaned further 125 odd drivers. I am not sure if they were actually driving without a proper number plate or it was something else. As I said, fingers crossed!
Thanks Narang.
I missed out on the newspaper, but i get these Delhi Traffic Police updates on my facebook account, i haven't come across any post mentioning actions taken for HSNP's.
All the post majorly revolve around, drink and drive, over speeding, or how their officers riding pulsars catch hold of people skipping red lights and people talking on the phone

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks