Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 23rd October 2012, 11:12   #481

re: High security registration plates (HSRP) in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
Can anyone let me know what is the procedure to apply for a HSNP for older cars? (mine is almost an year old). Is there a online system where i can apply and then wait for the plate to come?
Hi, as of now, the only way to apply is by filling in the appropriate Form 20 and submitting it at the RTO office of your registration district, pay the fees and obtain a receipt and a application number. If in Delhi, you can check the status of your application online. I am not sure about other places yet. It could take up to a month before the plates are ready as on date.
Old 23rd October 2012, 18:45   #482
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by knarang View Post
Hi, as of now, the only way to apply is by filling in the appropriate Form 20 and submitting it at the RTO office of your registration district, pay the fees and obtain a receipt and a application number. If in Delhi, you can check the status of your application online. I am not sure about other places yet. It could take up to a month before the plates are ready as on date.
Thanks for the reply. Do you know where i can get the application form 20, is it available online or do i need to go to RTO for the same?
Old 24th October 2012, 00:24   #483
BHPian

Hi everybody
I have a 2.5 year old Beat.
MH 01 registered.
Yesterday somebody in shivaji park quoted rs 800.IND in blue was written on the left side and there was a hologram sticker above IND.Not too sure if the hologram would peel off.
He also mentioned that no RTO formality is to be done.
Is it compulsory for me to change?Is it worthwhile?
Please advice
Thanks and regards
Old 24th October 2012, 08:33   #484
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by faustus77 View Post
Hi everybody
I have a 2.5 year old Beat.
MH 01 registered.
Yesterday somebody in shivaji park quoted rs 800.IND in blue was written on the left side and there was a hologram sticker above IND.Not too sure if the hologram would peel off.
He also mentioned that no RTO formality is to be done.
Is it compulsory for me to change?Is it worthwhile?
Please advice
Thanks and regards
faustus77, the process for HSRP has not started in MH. The plates you get in market are just another type fancy plates though looking alike HSRP plates. It is not MUST to get these plates but rather whether you fancy these plates on your car and you want to change to them. All in MH with those plates have put these plates just because they fancy the IND plates, nothing more. When HSRP starts in MH, the plates would be available only from RTO or its designated agents and not market.
parsh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th October 2012, 11:18   #485
BHPian

My car is now almost 2 months old - yet there is no news of my HSRP. Is any challan issued during this time legal?

Website to check HSRP status:

http://www.delhi.gov.in/wps/wcm/conn...tration+plates
Old 24th October 2012, 13:03   #486

@ Aditya101 - Where is your car registered?

@ Nitinralli - The form 20 for registration of a new vehicle is available online.. http//hartrans.gov.in/rc.htm

- Since the form for Delhi is also the same, I believe it is a common form all over India. You need to fill in the details of the correct registration office where your vehicle is registered.

- For an old vehicle already registered, you need to visit the local RTO office for the same.
Old 24th October 2012, 18:41   #487
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by knarang View Post
@ Aditya101 - Where is your car registered?

@ Nitinralli - The form 20 for registration of a new vehicle is available online.. http//hartrans.gov.in/rc.htm

- Since the form for Delhi is also the same, I believe it is a common form all over India. You need to fill in the details of the correct registration office where your vehicle is registered.

- For an old vehicle already registered, you need to visit the local RTO office for the same.
Form 20 seems to be the form for applying for a registration and not for old cars that are already registered, so not sure if i need it fill this form. Does that mean that i should simply walk up to my registration office, pay the fees and wait for number plates?
Old 25th October 2012, 10:39   #488

Hi Nitinralli, yes it seems as of now u just need to visit the local RTO office in the same state of registration of your vehicle and fill up the form and fees. And then ...... wait!!
Old 25th October 2012, 22:56   #489
BHPian

Parsh
Hi.
Thanks for your clarification.
Good that I wont have to rush through changing my number plates.
One question:if I drive to Delhi or any other state where HSNP are compulory then what is the legal standing of the driver?
Regards
Old 25th October 2012, 23:14   #490
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by faustus77 View Post
Parsh
Hi.
Thanks for your clarification.
Good that I wont have to rush through changing my number plates.
One question:if I drive to Delhi or any other state where HSNP are compulory then what is the legal standing of the driver?
Regards
Good, don't rush as long as your plates are good. Mine are still as good as new after 7 years.

If you are just driving to/through the state with HSRP for travel purpose, there is no illegality as your vehicle is registered in MH. You are good to go. However, if you are moving to the state with HSRP for long term, ideally you have to transfer the vehicle to that state. In that case, you would get a new RN and a HSRP for that state. However, most people don't transfer and use it casually and manage the cops (mind well, I am not suggesting money changing hands) by projecting short stay etc without much botheration and it works well.
parsh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2012, 00:17   #491
BHPian

I would like to add that HSRP's are compulsory in Delhi only for newly registered vehicles only, Delhi registered.No one else needs to bother.
Old 28th November 2012, 14:05   #492
BHPian

Folks,

I shall be getting my Duster 85 RXL(O) on Friday or Sat hopefully.
I asked about High Security Number plates with Dealer and I was told that it will cost you 1300 Rs approx.

Question - Where can I get the High Security IND plates made in Bangalore. How much is the cost for the same?

Thanks,
PS:- Apologies for crossposting.
Old 28th November 2012, 14:20   #493
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroback View Post
Question - Where can I get the High Security IND plates made in Bangalore. How much is the cost for the same?
High Security IND plates are not yet been made mandatory in Karnataka, so you can get the normal number plate. But still you want High Security IND (look a like) plates you can visit any car accessory shop, they may charge you somewhere around Rs 850-900.

Last edited by deepak_ms : 28th November 2012 at 14:26.
Old 28th November 2012, 14:38   #494
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepak_ms View Post
High Security IND plates are not yet been made mandatory in Karnataka, so you can get the normal number plate. But still you want High Security IND (look a like) plates you can visit any car accessory shop, they may charge you somewhere around Rs 850-900.
Look alike? That is disappointing to hear :(.

I thought I will abide the rules of the land, to avoid any trouble in future.

Looks like I cannot.

Anyway I ll get the cheapest number plate made for the Car then.
Old 28th November 2012, 14:44   #495
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by acroback View Post
Look alike? That is disappointing to hear :(.
i said look a like because karnataka government has not yet named the supplier for High Security number plate. If you get the one which is been sold by car accessory shop or dealer now, you must get the plates changed again once the rule comes to effect in karnataka.
deepak_ms is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed