Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 28th November 2012, 17:02   #496
Senior - BHPian

re: High security registration plates (HSRP) in India

Gujarat RTO has already implemented the High Security Number plate rule and Gandhinagar RTO has already started issuing them out. Since a fewer number of vehicles are released from the Gandhinagar RTO, it is first to start implementation and it'll be followed by the Ahmedabad RTO soon.

News : http://mobilepaper.timesofindia.com/...00&publabel=MM
Old 11th January 2013, 19:01   #497

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepak_ms View Post
High Security IND plates are not yet been made mandatory in Karnataka, so you can get the normal number plate. But still you want High Security IND (look a like) plates you can visit any car accessory shop, they may charge you somewhere around Rs 850-900.
Hello Deepak, I just got my YETI a BLUE colored IND number plate. The local accessories shops are quoting about 1000 for a normal one and 1200 for a blue colored IND.

I have got in touch with one of the manufacturers who does this in Rajajinagar Industrial Area, his name is Krishna and he can do both the Normal and Blue colored IND at about 850 Rs. You can PM me for his contact details.
Old 12th January 2013, 19:43   #498
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishwanath.vish View Post

Hello Deepak, I just got my YETI a BLUE colored IND number plate. The local accessories shops are quoting about 1000 for a normal one and 1200 for a blue colored IND.

I have got in touch with one of the manufacturers who does this in Rajajinagar Industrial Area, his name is Krishna and he can do both the Normal and Blue colored IND at about 850 Rs. You can PM me for his contact details.
Hi, since you are a newbie, you cannot receive and send PMs. Can you please send me an email with the details?
Old 19th March 2013, 14:16   #499
BHPian

Hello Everyone,

I just bought a Hyundai Elantra and I am looking to install a "real" HSNP (High Security Number Plate). I have seen that many vehicles have the IND number plates, but I am sure they are not the High Security ones. In Delhi, the dealers are responsible to get this fixed but here in Navi Mumbai, dealer says that they do not fix these. Can anyone direct me to the right place around Navi Mumbai where I can get this done?

Thanks!!!
Old 19th March 2013, 15:59   #500
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukhoi30 View Post
Hello Everyone,

I just bought a Hyundai Elantra and I am looking to install a "real" HSNP (High Security Number Plate). I have seen that many vehicles have the IND number plates, but I am sure they are not the High Security ones. In Delhi, the dealers are responsible to get this fixed but here in Navi Mumbai, dealer says that they do not fix these. Can anyone direct me to the right place around Navi Mumbai where I can get this done?

Thanks!!!
Call this number, they will make the plates for you. They sell frames too - 9 3 2 1 0 6 6 0 2 3.
Akshay1234 is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 19th March 2013, 20:27   #501
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukhoi30 View Post
Hello Everyone,

Thanks!!!
Guess you haven't been reading a few pages of the thread atleast or following the dilly-dallying of implementation of HSRP in Maharashtra.

It is not yet implemented in Maharashtra. Please don't get confused by looking at the IND plates which are not "REAL" and ONLY look-a-likes of HSRP. They are just one type of fancy plates if you like to have them on your car. No dealer will give them to you by default unless you pay them that much. They are available all over in after-market ranging from 900/- upto whatever way and quality you want them to be. You could check in Mulund, Sion, Vashi-Palm Beach Rd car accessories market lanes and you could get it in a day's time.

Last edited by parsh : 19th March 2013 at 20:29.
parsh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2013, 19:42   #502
Senior - BHPian

For chennai guys ~

SRKMS Sticker Shop, Anna Salai
No 90, Wellington Plaza, Ground Floor, Anna Salai, Chennai 600002
Landmark: Near L.I.C. Building
Telephone: 044-28601904, 9884237080

There are two types....Rs.1000/- and Rs.1200/-
No phone order or door delivery
Takes 3 hrs to deliver from the time of order
Old 23rd April 2013, 23:26   #503
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise View Post
For chennai guys ~

SRKMS Sticker Shop, Anna Salai
No 90, Wellington Plaza, Ground Floor, Anna Salai, Chennai 600002
Landmark: Near L.I.C. Building
Telephone: 044-28601904, 9884237080

There are two types....Rs.1000/- and Rs.1200/-
No phone order or door delivery
Takes 3 hrs to deliver from the time of order
The guy who manages the shop is Vimal.
I had called him yesterday and he said he will courier the plates for an additional payment of Rs. 100 (within Chennai).

Btw, did you happen to see the plates ?
What is the difference between the 2 plates with different amounts ?
Old 12th May 2013, 08:09   #504
BHPian

Saw an article in today's Deccan Herald which says that HSRP (High Security Registration Plate) will be mandatory in Karnataka. They are coming out with a time line for all vehicles to comply post which there would be fines. Anyone with more information on this? Can one be able to get the HSRP of a non state vehicle from different state?
Old 12th May 2013, 10:39   #505
BHPian

High security plates provided by the DTO here costs 250 bux.
I was expecting 500-700 bux at least. Was a pleasant surprise.No extra fitting charges as well.
Outside dealers quote anywhere between 900-1200 for the same.
pyrodrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2013, 10:45   #506
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyrodrive View Post
High security plates provided by the DTO here costs 250 bux.
In Kerala look alike are sold in the range of Rs900 -1200 and there is a business proposition in this. Team BHP stores, are you seeing.
Old 17th June 2013, 18:53   #507
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepak_ms View Post
i said look a like because karnataka government has not yet named the supplier for High Security number plate. If you get the one which is been sold by car accessory shop or dealer now, you must get the plates changed again once the rule comes to effect in karnataka.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vishwanath.vish View Post

What is the Govt's position on the number plates ? Has a supplier been named for it in Bangalore/Karnataka ?

Would be obliged for an update as I would like to go for a proper plate for my Honad Amaze

Best Regards & Drive/Ride Safe

Ram
Old 18th June 2013, 08:45   #508
J.Ravi

A coupla weeks back, I visited NK Impex/Ehsan Enterprises, behind the defunct Rajeshwari theatre, HAL Airport Road, Bangalore, and bought a set of embossed plates with plastic frames for my friend's Toyota Corolla Altis costing Name:  rupeesymbol.gif
Views: 3083
Size:  578 Bytes1350 [850+500]. Earlier, I bought a set for my Thunderbird 500 costing Name:  rupeesymbol.gif
Views: 3083
Size:  578 Bytes450 from the same manufacturer. The details are here and here. The prices are not increased since two years.
Quote:
Originally Posted by r_nairtvm View Post
Has a supplier been named for it in Bangalore/Karnataka ?
The manufacturer was not aware of any government moves to make HSRP compulsory in Bangalore.

Last edited by J.Ravi : 18th June 2013 at 08:58.
  (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2013, 09:39   #509
BHPian

Is there any paperwork you need to present like the rc book or equivalent when you buy the plates? If not the whole exercise is pointless. The crooks will just get multiple fake plates made. And the standardization of size will actually help them swap plates across cars.

I don't buy the effectiveness of the security fasteners. All the cars that I know have their numberplate bolts threaded into plastic lugs. I give 5 seconds per bolt to yank them off using a screwdriver.
Old 18th June 2013, 12:11   #510
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by braindead View Post
Is there any paperwork you need to present like the rc book or equivalent when you buy the plates? If not the whole exercise is pointless. The crooks will just get multiple fake plates made. And the standardization of size will actually help them swap plates across cars.

I don't buy the effectiveness of the security fasteners. All the cars that I know have their numberplate bolts threaded into plastic lugs. I give 5 seconds per bolt to yank them off using a screwdriver.
For the actual HSRP, you need to present the RC Book and Tax token to the RTO and the pay the money at the RTO. They issue a challan which needs to be presented at a specified dealer, who will make and install the plates for you.

The current HSRPs are just a hoax - plate makers making a quick buck by selling fake HSRPs.
binaiks is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed