Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th December 2013, 03:38   #541
BHPian

re: High security registration plates (HSRP) in India

Another update especially for Hyderabad and the neighbouring Ranga Reddy District folks. The installation of the High Security number plates will be taken up by the respective RTOs in their own premises. Government of A.P has announced that vehicle registrations from December 11 should be done on high security number plates, while existing vehicles will have to get their plates changed by December 2015.

Here is the link for more information.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/c...w/26981272.cms
JoseVijay is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th December 2013, 12:47   #542
Senior - BHPian

With RTOs installing HSPs in Hyderabad, will I be able to get the plate itself made to particular measurements? Or will there be a standard plate size?
Old 11th December 2013, 13:51   #543
BANNED

@IshaanIan; As per rules there are two (or three) standard sizes only.
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2013, 14:18   #544
Team-BHP Support

I forgot to mention in my earlier posts here. Other than the metallic number plates installed at the front and rear, an additional holographic sticker bearing the registration number, engine no. and chassis no. is also stuck on the front windshield from the inside (co-driver side), that serves as a ‘third’ number plate. This is a self-destructible sticker (like those warranty-void stickers).

Here’s an old snap from mine clicked at the night:

High security registration plates (HSRP) in India-wp_20131030_19_07_20_pro.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
With RTOs installing HSPs in Hyderabad, will I be able to get the plate itself made to particular measurements? Or will there be a standard plate size?
The number plates come in standard sizes.

Quote:
For two and three wheelers: 200 x 100 mm and 285 x 45 mm

For Light Motor Vehicles Passenger cars: 340 x 200 mm , 500 x 120 mm

For medium commercial vehicles, heavy commercial vehicles and Trailer combination: 340 x 200mm

For agricultural tractors shall be as follows:

Front - 285 x 45 mm

Rear - 200 x 100 mm
Source

This is in line with the registration rules laid out by the Central Motor Vehicles Rules, 1989.
Gannu_1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2013, 19:02   #545
BHPian

Should we get the HSRP fitted only from where we got the car registered or can be done in any RTO?
What is the registration process to get this done. I am in Hyderabad.
Old 11th December 2013, 19:31   #546
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
I forgot to mention in my earlier posts here. Other than the metallic number plates installed at the front and rear, an additional holographic sticker bearing the registration number, engine no. and chassis no. is also stuck on the front windshield from the inside (co-driver side), that serves as a ‘third’ number plate. This is a self-destructible sticker (like those warranty-void stickers).
What if someone needs to replace the windshield?
Old 11th December 2013, 20:31   #547
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms View Post
Should we get the HSRP fitted only from where we got the car registered or can be done in any RTO?
What is the registration process to get this done. I am in Hyderabad.
You will have to get out done where the car was registered as they will have your records. I will be going son to very or done for my Karizma R.

I am from Hyderabad too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrangeWizard View Post
What if someone needs to replace the windshield?
Your HSRP will have a specific number and in case of damage to the windshield or the bumpers you can make it again from the same RTO that had issue if to you.

Anurag.

Last edited by a4anurag : 11th December 2013 at 20:33.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2014, 10:55   #548
BHPian

I have recently re registered my car in Faridabad (earlier number was TN 07, registration plate given by dealer).

Now I have received a new number HR 29, how and where do I get the new High Security Number Plate. Should I ask a dealer help me get one or can I get one myself somewhere?
Old 17th January 2014, 11:30   #549
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by parulkgupta View Post
Now I have received a new number HR 29, how and where do I get the new High Security Number Plate. Should I ask a dealer help me get one or can I get one myself somewhere?
Go to the RTO office where you got the HR 29 number from and ask for HSNP.

They will help out with the formalities for the same.

Mine is a new car so got it directly from the RTO as they are implementing the same here strictly.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2014, 01:20   #550
BHPian

All Hyderabadees, please check the below link dated 26 Jan about the so called "PROGRESS" in implementing the HSNP .

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/c...w/29373570.cms

For those who cannot open the link, please read below:

HYDERABAD: All high security registration plates (HSRP) fitted so far are illegal. Incidentally, though lead partner of the consortium, which bagged the contract to affix HSRP in the state, claims to have intimated all top offices, including the Chief Minister's Office, about the uncertified plates, no action has been taken so far.

With every passing day, the over Rs 2000-crore HSRP project is becoming murkier. Documents in possession of STOI clearly indicate that the HSRP already fitted on hundreds of vehicles in the city are illegal, since they are uncertified. Utsav Safety Systems, which is the lead partner in the special purpose vehicle (SPV), Link Auto Tech Pvt Ltd, implementing the project, went a step ahead by alleging that the state government has been colluding in this illegal activity.

The issue came into light when a 'caution notice' was served by Utsav on the CMO, transport minister Botsa Satyanarayana, the special chief secretary (Transport) and APSRTC.

Supreme Court advocate Prashat Panday, at the behest of his client Utsav, while informing the state government about the differences between SPV partners - Linkpoint Infrastructure Pvt Ltd and Utsav Pvt Ltd- said that the supplied plates to motorists in the city by Linkpoint Infrastructure was not given by Utsav, which he claimed, the only certified manufacturer of HSRP.

"It is more than clear that the SPV in the state is committing the illegality of buying and supplying the uncertified registration plates in collusion with Linkpoint Infrastructure Pvt Lt though in the process they are collectively trying to fix liability on Utsav, which has been defrauded and tried to be made accountable for their wrongs,'' the notice dated January 11, 2014 said. It was four days prior to the Automotive Research Association of India (ARAI), the only certifying agency for HSRP, suspending the Conformity of Production (COP) certificate to Utsav Safety System citing three reasons.

Contrary to one of the ARAI allegations, Utsav officials had disowned the HSRP manufacturing unit in Assam, which did not have the COP. AP is being supplied HSRPs manufactured in the Assam plant.

Utsav is neither directly nor indirectly beneficiaries of the manufacturing undertaken in Assam by M/S Linkpoint and M/S Rosmerta. As a matter of fact, Utsav have been persuading both Rosmerta and Linkpoint to continue getting plates manufactured from Utsav and then alone supply the same to the end-user,'' the notice said adding that till now approximately 84 lakh registration plates were either already fixed on the vehicle or were in transit.

When contacted, principal secretary (Transport) D Lakshmi Parthasarathy told TOI that she was yet to go through the nitty-gritty of the whole controversy surrounding HSRP and APSRTC officials had brought some issues to her knowledge on Saturday. "I am not aware about receiving any legal notice, but APSRTC officials have brought to my knowledge about the cancellation of some permission to the implementing authority. I am yet to go through the documents. A meeting on HSRP issue is going to be called soon,'' Lakshmi Parthasarathy added.

Meanwhile, neither transport commissioner Anantha Ramu nor joint transport commissioner (Hyderabad) T Raghunath were aware about developments on the HSRP implementation in Hyderabad.

To a query on how many HSRPs were fitted till date, Raghunath told STOI, "the implementation of HSRP is condition. We have absolutely no control on the contracting firm that provides HSRP. So, I wrote a letter to transport commissioner mentioning about the issues, now it is for him to take up the issue with the government.''
Old 22nd February 2014, 09:45   #551
Senior - BHPian

A similar incident in Mumbai. The high security plates sold to motorist in Mumbai are claimed to be fake by the Economic Offences wing (EOW). The HSRP's being sold in Maharashtra are illegal as there is no authorization to do so as per the state govt. A person has been arrested in this illegal sale racket..

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/c...w/30751289.cms
Old 22nd February 2014, 18:15   #552
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
The HSRP's being sold in Maharashtra are illegal as there is no authorization to do so as per the state govt. A person has been arrested in this illegal sale racket..
The same problem has happened to the AP RTO (Hyderabad) where a case was filled against them by the company (Utsav) who has the authority to install HSNP but the plates that were being for to vehicles was fake and we're being done by some other manufacturer.

Due to this my cars RC was delayed by 20 days.

Anurag.
Old 5th May 2014, 15:00   #553
Senior - BHPian

Ok, so where exactly is TN in this scene? I was stopped for illegal number plates last weekend, and had to pay 100 towards the Police constable's personal funds to be let go. He din't have the authority to fine me, I suppose (?!)

So I am looking to switch to the fully legal HSNPs, any pointers?
Old 5th May 2014, 15:38   #554
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
Ok, so where exactly is TN in this scene? I was stopped for illegal number plates last weekend
TN hasn't started issuing high security plates yet as far as I know -- the ones you see on the road are probably unauthorised/illegal. But I don't think those vehicles are stopped by the police. Did you have some sort of "fancy" plates with illegible text? Those are definitely illegal.
Old 5th May 2014, 16:41   #555
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsidd View Post
TN hasn't started issuing high security plates yet as far as I know -- the ones you see on the road are probably unauthorised/illegal. But I don't think those vehicles are stopped by the police. Did you have some sort of "fancy" plates with illegible text? Those are definitely illegal.
Well, my number plate sure is on the fancy side, but certainly not illegible. That anyhow would still count as 'illegal' hence planning to move towards these HSNPs, popularly known as IND number plates.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks