Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th November 2014, 19:36   #601
BHPian

re: High security registration plates (HSRP) in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoseVijay View Post
500 buck is a reasonable price. In Hyderabad, the RTO officials have quoted nearly 800 rs for a pair of number plates.
Yes it is. Actually people usually don't get to know the exact amount because its included in the registration amount. But if you ask for a breakup of it, you get to know the cost. I have also heard that some agents charge money to get the HSRP plates from the RTO early. Usually one has to wait for almost 20 days to get a pair!
Old 26th November 2014, 21:35   #602
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by amansanc View Post
Cars sold in MH do not get the correct ones. Not yet implemented here.

Cars sold in Rajasthan get HSRP plates from the RTO. They charge close to 500 bucks for a pair and the owner has to get those plates installed at the RTO itself.
I have seen a few cars having the HSRP done the right way in MH.

Quote:
500 buck is a reasonable price. In Hyderabad, the RTO officials have quoted nearly 800 rs for a pair of number plates.
500 bucks is ultra reasonable, during the initial talks it was fixed for Rs 600 for HSRP but later it touched Rs 900 after that the matter has gone into silent mode.

Anurag.
Old 26th November 2014, 21:45   #603
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
I have seen a few cars having the HSRP done the right way in MH.

Anurag.
MH RTO doesn't fix HSRP plates till now. Also, it is very tough to judge the difference between a HSRP plate fixed by the RTO and the ones that were being sold in the market.
The differences are: The bolts that hold the plate in position & each plate issues by the RTO has a unique number (7/8 digit) right under the IND logo which isn't visible until you look at the plate closely. This number confirms that the plate is indeed real and issued by RTO.
Old 26th November 2014, 22:01   #604

In 2012, when we wanted to get the plates done for our new car, we were told that the HSRP would cost around Rs 1500 and would take around a week and the regular ones cost around Rs 500. This was at an auto accessories shop in Kerala. Since I hadn't heard about this HSRP at that time and was given the option, I opted for the regular plates. Now, I'm pretty sure it wouldnt've been the "original" HSRP plates. He never mentioned about the "sticker" on the front window.

So, if you need to change your plates to HSRP (not a new registration), do you need to go to the RTO or is it enough that you go directly to an approved vendor/shop ?.
Old 27th November 2014, 08:23   #605
BANNED

In 2010 when I got my Civic I bought HSRP Type plates from Utsav. The whole exercise was stuck and having invested they had to recover some of their money. I ordered online and got them on the third day. Now with HSRP going, they do not market these.
Old 27th November 2014, 08:39   #606
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
The screw that holds these plates are destroyed if tried to fiddle
Quote:
The bolts that hold the plate in position
Anurag, Aman: They are rivets.

If you have a rivet gun and some rivets, you can fix the plates yourself even if they are removed from the bumper.
Old 27th November 2014, 12:44   #607
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
They look good and most people know the difference and yet go for those.
I am not sure if people know the difference between the original one and the lookalike, atleast here in Chennai. For the looks, yes, many people opt for the so called "IND plates". I would go so far as to say that people getting these plates do so ONLY for the looks, without knowing if it is the real one. Dealers are taking advantage of this and making a killing on something which is nothing more than an embellishment.
Old 27th November 2014, 15:51   #608
Senior - BHPian

Anybody aware whats the scene in Mumbai ? Are these going to be made mandatory anytime soon and if and when they are , what of the vehicles which are already moving around with the market made INDs ?

I have HSRPs (market made) on my cars will i need to replace them whenever the rule comes into force ?
Old 29th November 2014, 19:32   #609
BHPian

Tamilnadu Government to crack down on fake HSRP. Also, High court raps government for non implementation of HSRP in the state.
Link to news article: http://m.timesofindia.com/city/chenn...w/45314230.cms
Old 29th November 2014, 20:31   #610
BANNED

Quote:
The differences are: The bolts that hold the plate in position & each plate issues by the RTO has a unique number (7/8 digit) right under the IND logo which isn't visible until you look at the plate closely. This number confirms that the plate is indeed real and issued by RTO.
The plates that I see here in Telangana registered bear a 8 digit (IIRC) below 'IND' logo so that does say that plates are original and are issued by the RTO.

I am planning to visit the RTO near my house to enquire and if it seems worth, I'll get the plates done. One issue is 'AP' to 'TS' changeover which may happen in future.

Quote:
The governement in the United Andhra Pradesh have issued notification for tendors for implementation of HSNP and the same had been allotted to A.P.S.R.T.C. But after the bifurcation, no word about it.
Anurag.
Old 30th November 2014, 10:54   #611
BANNED

I personally feel that proper plates with legal sized lettering etc. are more important than HSRPs per se. This law may have had a major contribution due to our habit of exercising our creativity with all sorts of plates, many almost illegible. We failed to force enforcement of the standards regarding the plates.
Old 1st December 2014, 17:44   #612
Ram
Senior - BHPian

What are the best recommended places in Mumbai
to get a set of stamped, reflectorized and enameled number plates made
for a private car?

I would like tough reasonably rust-proof number plates.

If the holes for the fasteners are punched/drilled after the enameling process, bare metal is exposed. And over time, that is where the plates start to rust and corrode.

Ram
Old 4th January 2015, 18:42   #613
BHPian

My rear number plate in City is broken and inclined towards getting the IND plates from eBay since the local accessory shop doesn't have the ones i am looking for. Reason for not opting to go to RTO at this moment is,
1. Need to change AP to TS
2. Next year to remove hypothecation from RC, so need to go to RTO and at that time can change the plates.

Any experience in getting the plates from eBay?
Old 4th January 2015, 22:19   #614
BHPian

I've a query.

My Verna is registered with CH-01 AQ registration. From recent news, CH RTo has started issuing HS plates for old vehicles.

The problem with me is that I am currently posted to a place in state of Assam and my car is with me in Assam itself. Is there any way to affix the plate now? Obviously, it will not be possible for me to take my vehicle to Chandigarh. I can visit RTO with paper though.

Please help.

P.S.- I am only 3 post old in this forum, so also tell if this is the right place to ask advice in this context.
Old 5th January 2015, 07:13   #615
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfOctave View Post

My Verna is registered with CH-01 AQ registration. From recent news, CH RTo has started issuing HS plates for old vehicles.

The problem with me is that I am currently posted to a place in state of Assam and my car is with me in Assam itself. Is there any way to affix the plate now? Obviously, it will not be possible for me to take my vehicle to Chandigarh. I can visit RTO with paper though.
IMO, go to your RTO with the vehicle registration papers and do explain the situation. Get the plates made and fix them on your car on Assam.

Shouldn't be a problem as you have the required documents and IIRC you'll have to pay some fees for the HSNP.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks