Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th August 2015, 11:41   #631
BHPian

Re: High security registration plates (HSRP) in India

Guys, can anybody provide me the specifications for number plate in Delhi NCR as per the latest regulations.

I have a fancy number plate on my car, but lately with super active delhi traffic police i have been stopped multiple times. So i am planning to switch back to something that's as per the rules and have a peace of mind rather than desperately trying to dodge them at every crossing.
Old 14th September 2015, 17:45   #632
BHPian

Can anyone shed some light on the status of the HSRP in Maharashtra/Pune? Will be getting my car in a couple of weeks and wanted to check what the situation in the state is like. Does it require RTO fitting as claimed in this article, or can be ordered online? Want these plates from Day 1, rather than change in between.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Taken from my post:
Old 14th September 2015, 19:42   #633
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by AveekKumar View Post
Can anyone shed some light on the status of the HSRP in Maharashtra/Pune? Will be getting my car in a couple of weeks and wanted to check what the situation in the state is like. Does it require RTO fitting as claimed in this article, or can be ordered online? Want these plates from Day 1, rather than change in between.
Not sure how it works in MH state but here in Telangana when I had bought my K10 AMT, it took them 10 days to make the HSRP ready for the allotted number.

For the first month my car was on Temporary registration.
Old 14th September 2015, 19:56   #634
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

I am not really sure if HSRP is fully implemented in the state of Maharashtra at all. I see many cars running with HSRP type plates sans rivets or any emblem/monogram though.

You may want to check this with the RTO itself or wait for someone from Mumbai/Pune to respond.
Old 15th September 2015, 10:32   #635
Senior - BHPian

Pune (Entire Maharashtra) doesn't have HSR plates. Sometime back even the issue of smart card has stopped in Pune, and older print out type RC certificates are being issued. If you get lookalike HSR plates made, see that they have only the number, and no fake hologram, IND can be embossed, but have no sticker to highlight it.

Rahul
Old 15th September 2015, 22:00   #636
BHPian

Have you noticed the Skoda Rapid anniversary edition ad on TV? It hosts an MH 20 number plate with what looks like an hsrp.

If its being advertised openly, guessing its fine.

Mod Note : I am not related to Skoda, nor advertising their products in any way.

Old 16th September 2015, 09:36   #637
BANNED

Quote:
Have you noticed the Skoda Rapid anniversary edition ad on TV? It hosts an MH 20 number plate with what looks like an hsrp.

If its being advertised openly, guessing its fine.
It's not real HSRP, it's a fake EU-style plate with a blue band on the left and yellow stars around the hologram (see at 0.08). The Indian plate has a plain white background, and a hologram on top left with "IND" on bottom left. The EU plate has a blue band on the left, with a ring of stars (no hologram) and a 1-to-3 letter country code (see here for examples). I suppose it's better than a realistic-looking fake, though. Yes, I too wondered when I saw that ad -- why would a car company put a fake-looking plate on their ad?

Last edited by rsidd : 16th September 2015 at 09:38.
Old 1st November 2015, 20:58   #638
BHPian

My front Telangana HSRP got a dent from a bike kick rod. I took it to RTO and they have removed it, hit it with stone in an attempt to straighten it and re-fixed it using the security rivets. It is good enough now and they just asked for a tip. This is just for your information.

Also, in such cases, it is possible to replace only the front number plate as well by paying roughly half the price paid initially for both the plates. But in this case of new HSRP, it will take about a week to arrive(Secunderabad RTO). Also,the initial damaged plate has to be produced in its entirety while applying for new replacement HSRP. Hope this information helps someone.
Old 3rd August 2016, 09:52   #639
BHPian

Folks,
I need your suggestions and help.
I have a brand new Ecosport, purhcases about two months ago. Yesterday morning, I woke up to find that the front HSRP had vanished. I have no idea how this happened, since the car was parked in a fairly secure location. My driver's guess is that it may have broken when we drove through a large amount of water. Nonetheless, what am I suppose to do now? Do I need to file an FIR?
Looking forward to inputs!

Last edited by sukrit7 : 3rd August 2016 at 09:59.
Old 3rd August 2016, 09:55   #640
Senior - BHPian

If it was not a HSRP just get a new one made at any of the hundreds of vehicle stickering shops around.

If it was a HSRP contact the RTO and report the loss so you can get a replacement

Simple as that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukrit7 View Post
Folks,
I need your suggestions and help.
I have a brand new Ecosport, purhcases about two months ago. Yesterday morning, I woke up to find that the front number plate had vanished. I have no idea how this happened, since the car was parked in a fairly secure location. My driver's guess is that it may have broken when we drove through a large amount of water. Nonetheless, what am I suppose to do now? Do I need to file an FIR?
Looking forward to inputs!
Old 3rd August 2016, 10:00   #641
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
If it was not a HSRP just get a new one made at any of the hundreds of vehicle stickering shops around.

If it was a HSRP contact the RTO and report the loss so you can get a replacement

Simple as that.
Hi,
Thanks!
Post edited to reflect that it was a HSRP. I was told that I may need to file an FIR? Any idea?
Old 3rd August 2016, 10:07   #642
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi,
Thanks!
Post edited to reflect that it was a HSRP. I was told that I may need to file an FIR? Any idea?
As it is a loss rather than a theft, all you need to file is a NC report (aka CSR register) - where they just file it for information and give you a document saying so. That's the general procedure followed when the cops get some non cognizable offence brought to them where no crime has been committed (eg: quarreling neighbours trying to drag in the police into a flat association dispute, a report for the sake of a lost number plate or missing ID proof etc)

Just walk into the police station that has jurisdiction over your area, and tell them the plate was lost near your house. If you tell them you were on the highway and it was lost there they'll probably send you to whatever village police station has jurisdiction over the stretch of highway that you lost it in

Last edited by hserus : 3rd August 2016 at 10:10.
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2016, 10:11   #643
BHPian

Thanks much! Delhi is fortunate to have an online process for this, so I don't have to worry about visiting any police station.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
As it is a loss rather than a theft, all you need to file is a NC report (aka CSR register) - where they just file it for information and give you a document saying so. That's the general procedure followed when the cops get some non cognizable offence brought to them where no crime has been committed (eg: quarreling neighbours trying to drag in the police into a flat association dispute, a FIR for the sake of a lost number plate or missing ID proof etc)

Just walk into the police station that has jurisdiction over your area, and tell them the plate was lost near your house. If you tell them you were on the highway and it was lost there they'll probably send you to whatever village police station has jurisdiction over the stretch of highway that you lost it in
Old 3rd August 2016, 10:19   #644
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks much! Delhi is fortunate to have an online process for this, so I don't have to worry about visiting any police station.
Interesting, I just saw this! Thanks for pointing it out.

Pasting the link here for reference. As the links point out this is only for minor issues such as are non cognizable, and if you want to report a robbery, vehicle theft, murder or other criminal activity you need to visit the police station that has jurisdiction in person.

Delhi - http://www.delhipolice.nic.in/register.html

Mumbai - https://mumbaipolice.maharashtra.gov.in/complaint.asp and select "minor crime" (aka non cognizable)

Kolkota - http://www.kolkatapolice.gov.in/reportcrime_new.asp

Chennai - you seem to be able to report all sorts of crime even cognizable offenses such as murder and robbery, dowry harassment etc online. From the "Subject" option on this form, select "Document missing"
http://www.tnpolice.gov.in/CCTNSNICS...strationPage?5
hserus is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th August 2016, 22:32   #645
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise View Post
For chennai guys ~

SRKMS Sticker Shop, Anna Salai
No 90, Wellington Plaza, Ground Floor, Anna Salai, Chennai 600002
Landmark: Near L.I.C. Building
Telephone: 044-28601904, 9884237080