Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th October 2018, 21:17   #721
BHPian

Re: High security registration plates (HSRP) in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayjaycleoful View Post

They are doing Delhi registered vehicles as well.
Price for Gurgaon is 670rs and Delhi is around 1200.
Lots of people are making a killing on this. Casually asked a nearby car accessory shop and they said they do it for 2k. Still, I believe some (like me) would pay a one time premium rather than around the RTO for a whole day.
rayjaycleoful is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2018, 22:47   #722
BHPian

Got the hsrp affixed on my creta (gurgaon registered), process was very simple, paid the fee online by attaching RC copy. Total amount paid was rs 372.
You need to download and print the cash receipt (no other documents need to be carried) and take it to the affixation center and the owner need not be present.
The catch here is that although the online status shows hsrp is ready but you will not find it readily available at the affixation center, i would suggest you go only 2 weeks after the status is updated to hsrp ready to not waste your time standing in the long queue!

As of now I cannot find any link for online payment of hsrp fee for delhi registered vehicles, i visited the affixation center near mall road in the first week of october and the guy there informed me that the process for affixation of hsrp for old cars (cars registered before 1 october - his words) had not begun yet. Rules might have changed since..

PS: my first post.
ramansh is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th October 2018, 22:55   #723
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Still, I believe some (like me) would pay a one time premium rather than around the RTO for a whole day.
But that is just choosing to live in ignorance. It is not a whole day but a 5 minute job during document submission and another 10 minutes at the time of fixing of the plates at a later date. Both the times you need to go yourself. In fact while submitting documents, they don't even need the car or the owner. Now if someone still chooses to cough up 10 times the amount, then what can one do.
Old 30th October 2018, 10:14   #724
BHPian

Quote:
50 metres before the 55-56 rapid metro station if you're coming from Golf Club. Location is the office of a local councillor.
Hard to miss, you'll see small crowd and line of cars.

It comes in pairs, so you'll have to take the front and back one for your Volvo.

Just ask: Where is Dhamia ji ka ghar [where is Mr. Dhamia's house]. His office is at the residence. Though the HSRP work only happens, Saturday and Sunday.
Old 9th November 2018, 22:04   #725
BHPian

Quote:
There is a weekend- only installation camp at a place on golf- course road. I ordered my plates today, they take 1-2 weeks to make it. You will receive a message when it is ready for installation. After today's visit, I believe it has been going on there for a few weeks at least.
Did you get the plates installed? Is this absolutely genuine (hsrp/snaplock)? Need to get them installed on my DL registered City as the previous one was broken off and the official hsrp online booking system seems to be total crap cause my car reg. no and chassis no according to them is not valid!
Old 9th November 2018, 22:15   #726
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruchir031 View Post
Did you get the plates installed? Is this absolutely genuine (hsrp/snaplock)? Need to get them installed on my DL registered City as the previous one was broken off and the official hsrp online booking system seems to be total crap cause my car reg. no and chassis no according to them is not valid!
Yes it is absolutely original. The code, the logo, IND embossed in the characters,etc. Even the snaplocks are. I've compared to my newer cars which came with as oringal plates.
Old 10th November 2018, 09:10   #727
BANNED

I feel that the HSRP was an over reaction. But if we are unable to ensure that number plates are all as per the standards, then there were maybe not many options. I am sure we have all seen plates in various fonts, incl. 'dracula'. Also, in all scripts. The law says Roman and Roman alone, so sorry no Devanagri, Bangla, Tamil, Gurmukhi, etc.

Then the law was passed in a desperate hurry - were some commissions involved?
sgiitk is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th November 2018, 07:14   #728
BHPian

Got HSRPs fitted on my 2011 Dzire last friday from Palam Centre (DL 9C)
Paid 213 INR for HSRPs for which receipt was given and extra 250 INR for this outer black bordering, for which, as expected, no receipt was provided.

High security registration plates (HSRP) in India-img_20181109_171406aaaaaaaa.jpg

Receipt of HSRPs

High security registration plates (HSRP) in India-img_20181109_133201.jpg

Apart from HSRPs, following Supreme Court's order

Quote:
The vehicles that run on petrol and CNG will have light blue stickers, while the diesel vehicles will have orange stickers.
The below shown sticker was pasted on windshield of my Diesel Dzire.

High security registration plates (HSRP) in India-img_20181109_171335.jpg

Last edited by mathur2012 : 11th November 2018 at 07:18.
mathur2012 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th November 2018, 09:14   #729
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathur2012 View Post

Apart from HSRPs, following Supreme Court's order

The below shown sticker was pasted on windshield of my Diesel Dzire.
There was no mention of the sticker when I went a couple of weeks back to get the HSRP. It was only in the news reports but no mention of the same at the RTO centre.

Last edited by drmohitg : 11th November 2018 at 09:21.
Old 11th November 2018, 09:22   #730
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
There was no mention of the sticker when I went a couple of weeks back to get the HSRP.
This article dates back to August 2018.
Old 11th November 2018, 12:11   #731
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathur2012 View Post
This article dates back to August 2018.
What I meant to say was that this was only being mentioned in articles and news reports. But at the RTO centre there was no such information and nor did they put any sticker.
Old 14th November 2018, 19:46   #732
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramansh View Post
Got the hsrp affixed on my creta (gurgaon registered), process was very simple, paid the fee online by attaching RC copy. Total amount paid was rs 372.
Welcome to the forum, ramansh

Would you happen to know how does one make the payment online for Haryana HSRP? After uploading RC and ID and filling in the rest of the details here (link was posted on Haryana Transport Dept website (http://hsrphr.com/onlinepaymenthr/onlinepayment.aspx), this page comes up:

Name:  Screenshot from 20181114 193816.png
Views: 3839
Size:  21.1 KB

The funny thing is that these guys don't seem to have a way to register new users, or am I missing something? Is this how you made the payment for your Creta?

Last edited by Tanmay K : 14th November 2018 at 19:50.
Old 14th November 2018, 22:55   #733
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanmay K View Post

Would you happen to know how does one make the payment online for Haryana HSRP? After uploading RC and ID and filling in the rest of the details here (link was posted on Haryana Transport Dept website (http://hsrphr.com/onlinepaymenthr/onlinepayment.aspx), this page comes up:

Attachment 1818366

The funny thing is that these guys don't seem to have a way to register new users, or am I missing something? Is this how you made the payment for your Creta?
Hi Tanmay, you will get the user id and password at your registered mobile number via text message. Sender is "IM-SMSEZY"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanmay K View Post

Attachment 1818366

After you log in, just follow the steps for fee payment.

Mod Note: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 17th November 2018 at 15:43.
ramansh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th November 2018, 15:26   #734

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramansh View Post
You guys in Haryana are lucky. The Delhi HSRP website is nearly good for nothing.

Mod Note: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 17th November 2018 at 15:42.
Old 17th November 2018, 16:06   #735
BANNED

Are the independent HSRPs RTO certified. I have the so called HSRP style plates on my Civic from an DoT vendor but no certification from the DoT. So I need then for our Amaze, Brio and City.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks