Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th February 2019, 19:50   #751
BHPian

Re: High security registration plates (HSRP) in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sail View Post
. Docs required: RC copy & identity proof copy on the day of booking. Charges was 600 odd INR. You can have plastic plate holder fitted with an extra 450/- INR on the day of fitting, it’s not compulsory.
As far as I know, Haryana government rates are approx 356. Did RTO vendor give you receipt of Rs. 1200?
Old 14th February 2019, 09:25   #752
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhipuri View Post
As far as I know, Haryana government rates are approx 356. Did RTO vendor give you receipt of Rs. 1200?
It is Rs.406 to be precise.
Attached Thumbnails
High security registration plates (HSRP) in India-hsrphrn.png  

mukeshgoel is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2019, 09:36   #753
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshgoel View Post
It is Rs.406 to be precise.
Wonder why is there such a huge discrepancy even within neighbouring state governments. The cost in Delhi with all taxes included is Rs. 213 vs Rs. 406 in Haryana. That is almost double the price. How do they explain such a gross difference. Or is it just too small an amount for anyone to raise this point?
Old 9th March 2019, 17:03   #754

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALTIMAed View Post
At the RTO at Salt Lake, Kolkata (I know since it is the RTO that both my cars are registered), in case any vehicle reports for change of ownership or renewal of life time road tax, it is mandatory to affix the HSRP from there at a cost of Rs 500.

Recently I renewed life time tax of my 2003 model Zen. Only after installing the HSRP was the smart card issued.

When I purchased my Dzire in 2016, I had to first get the HSRPs installed and only then was the smart card issued.

I am unaware of the procedure followed by other RTOs in Kolkata or for that matter West Bengal. Others please enlighten us.

Hey mate, I'm from Kolkata and have accidentally damaged my windscreen HSPR sticker. Do you know if I can get it from my RTO ? I don't need to replace my existing HSPR plates, just the sticker. Thanks!
Old 10th March 2019, 17:43   #755
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganguly View Post
Hey mate, I'm from Kolkata and have accidentally damaged my windscreen HSPR sticker. Do you know if I can get it from my RTO ? I don't need to replace my existing HSPR plates, just the sticker. Thanks!
Hi, I am unable to answer your query, but you may call Mintoo Babu (he is a RTO agent who looks into all my RTO related work). His number is 98310 27855. Hope he is able to solve your issue.
Old 17th March 2019, 01:43   #756
BHPian

Quote:
Check online. A lot of queries will be answered and you could also apply online. Just google kolkotta rto or something similar. cheeers
Old 17th March 2019, 08:43   #757
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALTIMAed View Post
I am unaware of the procedure followed by other RTOs in Kolkata or for that matter West Bengal. Others please enlighten us.
Ditto at the Barrackpore ARTO (WB 23-24). Fitting HSRPs are compulsory in cases of transfer of ownership. Recently I called up a number of agents to get my car's re-registration done (going to be 15 next month). All of them mentioned that I'd need to pay extra for HSRP if I didn't have them installed. If I'm not wrong, a pair of HSRPs cost Rs. 520 here.

It's just the Govt.'s way of trying their bit to fit every car with HSRPs to regularise things. Every car that needs an alteration to the RC (re-registration, transfer of ownership, change of colour etc) and is not fitted with HSRP will have to get it done.

Quote:
You don't need to do anything about it. I don't think the HSRP sticker on the windshield is mandatory, just like the PUC sticker handed out every 6 months isn't. I throw them all away since I hate stickers on the windshield, and I've never been stopped. If at all the police stop you, your documents (RC, PUC) should clear their doubts about the validity of the same.

Last edited by boniver : 17th March 2019 at 08:46.
boniver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2019, 13:37   #758
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sail View Post
Dear All,

Completed my HSRP number plate fitting today for HR-26. It took me exactly 7 days from booking to fitting. Avoided online booking, instead had to visit twice, once for booking & today for fitting. No ques. Docs required: RC copy & identity proof copy on the day of booking. Charges was 600 odd INR. You can have plastic plate holder fitted with an extra 450/- INR on the day of fitting, it’s not compulsory.

Only one authorized company is doing this procedure (rest all are broker).

Link Utsav Registration Plates Pvt Ltd”. Goggle it to get more details.

You can have all queries answered on this no: 1800 270 2709.

The HSRP stickers on wind-shields are coming with a color coding as per fuel type. Mine being petrol, its Blue.

Cheers
Sail
Isn't this a security/privacy risk to have all the details affixed in the windscreen?
mithun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2019, 11:41   #759
Distinguished - BHPian

Few images from a colleague's new car that came fitted with HSRP, in Karnataka:

The riveted number plate with all the mandatory elements

High security registration plates (HSRP) in India-img_20190624_120133.jpg

A mandatory sticker that gets attached to the windscreen that has the Vehicle Registration Number along with 2 distinct codes that reflect the same code for 2 of the plates affixed on your car (Front and Rear). Notice the last digits of these 2 codes and refer to the same code on the image of the number plate above:

High security registration plates (HSRP) in India-img_20190624_120142.jpg

The rules to abide and precautions to follow that also says that this sticker is the "3rd Registration Plate Sticker":

High security registration plates (HSRP) in India-img_20190624_120217.jpg

Not sure what would be the procedure when you replace the windscreen if this one is not easily removable.

Last edited by paragsachania : 26th June 2019 at 11:42.
paragsachania is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2019, 14:48   #760
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
a colleague's new car that came fitted with HSRP, in Karnataka:
This is great. Wondering if this is all over KA or specific RTO only. I just got a bike on May 27th, ran it for a month on temp registration from KA05 in search of a better looking number. Finally on June 26, got something closer to what I wanted. Got SMS and now on the DigiLocker RC is updated too. During this entire ordeal, the bike is in regular use with blank/ REGD stickers. Since now I have a number, to avoid unnecessary attention, I used neighbourhood stickering services and put up black radium number. Dealer hasnt informed anything about HSRP neither I know of anything from RTO. So I am in a dilemma if I should get IND plates/ German fonts that I like from Orbiz or wait and watch? When I called dealer, they said they will give IND plates. Not sure if they are HSRP - they aren't aware of it!

Also in case of HSRP - will there be a third plate sticker too to be put on the bike - if so where? Anyone had HSRP recently from KA05?
Old 11th July 2019, 00:19   #761
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post
Also in case of HSRP - will there be a third plate sticker too to be put on the bike - if so where? Anyone had HSRP recently from KA05?
So the registration of our new Vespa got approved just this evening from KA04 RTO, and I was told by the dealer that it would be HSRP plates. They showed the plates of other customers which they had received, and it appeared like the usual IND number plates with the hologram along with a unique serial number. The dealer claims they receive these plates directly from the RTO but I'd take that with a pinch of salt.

I asked if there'd be a sticker, they said no.

Another thing I noticed is that, when I checked the status of the registration application the HSRP status column is empty, not sure if that's the norm.
Attached Thumbnails
High security registration plates (HSRP) in India-vahan.parivahan.gov.in_vahanservice_vahan_ui_appl_status_form_know_appl_status.xhtml-1.png  

varkey is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2019, 19:13   #762
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post
Dealer hasn't informed anything about HSRP neither I know of anything from RTO. So I am in a dilemma if I should get IND plates/ German fonts that I like from Orbiz or wait and watch? When I called dealer, they said they will give IND plates. Not sure if they are HSRP - they aren't aware of it!
I just received my IND plates from the dealer - apparently they were issued by RTO and the fees were paid already it seems. These plates have unique serial number and a paper sticker stuck on the rear of them which appears like a tag. So here I am confirming - KA05 issues HSRPs at least for vehicles being registered in June and onwards
abirnale is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st July 2019, 21:44   #763
BHPian

Just wondering what are the rates for the HSRP in Karnataka?
Old 30th July 2019, 17:24   #764
Senior - BHPian

Can someone let me know if the caution sticker can be removed ?
Old 18th September 2019, 19:30   #765
BHPian

Has this been launched for Noida registered cars? If such cars don't have these type of number plates, any issues while driving in Delhi/Chandigarh?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks