Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2020, 17:35   #796
Team-BHP Support

Re: High security registration plates (HSRP) in India

As far as I know, it has to the home state that will issue the HSRP/ Stickers. So the Gurgaon hub can't issue for DL or WB cars.

Edit - you guys can try any dealer from the attached list. The govt charges are not more than 600-700 Rs.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf DETAIL OF VEHICLE DEALERS.pdf (101.8 KB, 2602 views)

Last edited by Eddy : 26th September 2020 at 17:37.
Eddy is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 27th September 2020, 11:54   #797
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SX4LOVER View Post
Dear all,
I am in possession of a car regd in 2008, and all news articles and feeds are unclear about the fact if I require an HSRP or not? I request the experts to please comment. I will be driving in Delhi NCR.
YES, all cars plying in Delhi have to get the HSRP and colour coded sticker. I have a 2010 K10.

Just go to the site
https://bookmyhsrp.com/Index.aspx

Navigate through the menu, select the dealer, fill in the required information and upload the registration and address proof. Then pay and select the date and time.
Old 27th September 2020, 13:15   #798
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
YES, all cars plying in Delhi have to get the HSRP and colour coded sticker.
Just go to the site
https://bookmyhsrp.com/Index.aspx
But there is a catch. There is no option for Chevrolet Cars. Because they are no OEM anymore.

I had contacted many dealers listed in the PDF shared by Eddy and the charges are ranging from 1500 to 3000 This is pure rip-off. There are 1000s of pre 2015 cars running in Delhi.
Old 27th September 2020, 14:49   #799
BANNED

The Delhi Government has gone all out with threat that fine of INR 10000 will be charged if new color coded HSRP is not adhered to on vehicles. We have a 2011 Honda City and on selecting Honda as OEM it gave option of Samara ( Hyundai ) as dealer to get the plates fixed on Honda City. Futher the Credit card option didnot work so I paid via NetBanking which charged me Inr 736 but invoice is for Inr 666 .

I am now worried that Hyundai will refuse to install plates on Honda even though I just selected what the website showed me ( nearest was Samara in Janakpuri, no one is answering there phones also ) and second I am unable to understand why there is difference between Invoice value and charged value .

Apart from this we have two Haryana registered cars which have HSRP but not color coded . Can someone please tell what to about these cars.

Last edited by Trust_In_Thrust : 27th September 2020 at 14:50.
Old 27th September 2020, 18:03   #800
BHPian

This is rather confusing, as I feel New Delhi is by far the largest migrant hub in the country. There are countless out of state cars plying on the roads. Especially those who commute everyday from nearby towns in UP and HR.

I myself goto Delhi from UP everyday, I have a 2009 Jazz without HRSPs or the sticker. i have legal possession of the car with all documents. Why can I not acquire the HRSPs and sticker from Delhi itself? Delhi is prepared and ready for these provisions, in UP all I see are fake HRSPs being installed onto vehicles from countless years.

Help me out?
Old 27th September 2020, 18:10   #801
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trust_In_Thrust View Post
We have a 2011 Honda City and on selecting Honda as OEM it gave option of Samara ( Hyundai ) as dealer to get the plates fixed on Honda City.
I have a 2009 City and when I booked a few days ago there were two dealers -- Courtesy Honda, Okhla Phase 1 and Samara Hyundai. I chose Courtesy despite it being far from my place as I did want to take any risk. I wonder why you did not get the Honda dealer as a second option.

P.S. My appointment is for September 29. Will share my experience.
Old 27th September 2020, 18:18   #802
Distinguished - BHPian

That 3rd Number plate is an absolute joke and is peeling off on its own, that too in pieces. Any idea what needs to be done if it disintegrates completely?

Regards,
Shashi
Old 27th September 2020, 18:19   #803
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
... I have an HR number car and had got the HSRP from Gurgaon about 18 months back. At that time, I was not issued any sticker. When I read this news, I went back to the same place and got the sticker done within 2 mins and paid Rs 50 cash[/url]
Hello, I have a 2016 Brezza WITH HSRP plates but no sticker. Any idea from where can I get the sticker in Delhi? I tried on the bookmyhsrp.com site but there's no option to get just the sticker... they are only offering plates+sticker right now.
Old 27th September 2020, 19:09   #804
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain.torque View Post
I tried on the bookmyhsrp.com site but there's no option to get just the sticker... they are only offering plates+sticker right now.
Try following link this should work for you: https://bookmyhsrp.com/StickerOrderBooking.aspx
Agarwal_Aayush is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2020, 19:18   #805

Is the requirement for the sticker only for 4 wheelers, or is it applicable on 2 wheelers also?

Going by logic, there are no diesel run 2 wheelers, hence any special sticker should not be required.

I have a Gujarat registered motorcycle with the HSRP, and going to Gujarat just to get this sticker is not a feasible option.
Old 27th September 2020, 21:44   #806
BHPian

As per Delhi traffic police circular, it is applicable only for vehicles registered in NCT of Delhi.

Is it applicable to all cars? I just got new hsrp plates for my HR01(Ambala rto) 2016 registered car in August. I was issued normal white plates with hologram.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf PUBLIC-NOTICE.PDF (144.9 KB, 498 views)
Old 27th September 2020, 21:50   #807
BHPian

I have made an appointment to get the HSRP fixed on my Figo.
Now, would I be provided with a sticker as well? Or I need to schedule another appointment to get the sticker?
Currently to book the 'sticker' you need to enter the front and rear laser engraved number which would be known only after the new plates get fixed.

If anyone has some clarity about this kindly reply.
Old 27th September 2020, 22:04   #808
BHPian

High security registration plates (HSRP) in India

I have a 2014 Mercedes and a 2016 Skoda, both registered in Noida.

In March (right before the lockdown) we contacted the Mercedes dealer in Noida and he got the plates in 2 days and installed them at home with the color sticker as well. Costed us 666.

For the Skoda, the car went in to service in August and a week before that I asked the dealer to arrange for the HSRP. They were installed on the day of service along with the sticker and costed 700.

Similarly, for my UP16 registered Triumph, have submitted the RC to the dealer and the plates are expected this week. No sticker requirement for two wheelers.

My suggestion would be to just contact the dealers (through phone or visit with due care) and just rely on the website.

Even if there are not really applicable for outside Delhi vehicles, given all my vehicles go to Delhi, I don't see a point in giving the cops any chance to harass me.

Cheers
Rohan

Last edited by RohanDheman : 27th September 2020 at 22:05.
RohanDheman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2020, 14:13   #809
BHPian

Nonsense approach to anything that government proposes. I am not anti-government and believe that this HSRP / stickers should have been done earlier itself but the sheer implementation of this will become a nuisance in itself.
Also why cannot this be done Pan India ? Delhi has some special status ?
ankitsharma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2020, 15:07   #810
Senior - BHPian

Last year when I got my HSRPs from Gurgaon, I took the stickers separately to not make my vehicle information like engine number, chasis number public and to keep my windscreen (as much as possible) clean of stickers.

I guess time has come to use it.

High security registration plates (HSRP) in India-hsrp.jpeg

For my Delhi car, HSRP person didn't give me stickers separately. He pasted it on the windscreen himself.

If you have the transparent sticker already pasted on the windscreen, you just need a blue/orange sticker which does not have any car specific information. Any HSRP center should be able to give it for Rs.50/100.
mukeshgoel is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks