Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd October 2020, 16:47   #841
Senior - BHPian

Re: High security registration plates (HSRP) in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain.torque View Post
but for some strange reason cannot complete it as at the last step I am getting this message -- "HSRP fitment not found. Kindly get
Am facing the exact same issue for my 2019 Baleno which has HSRP fitted, were you able to solve it? Planning to call my dealer if he has some information about it.
Old 3rd October 2020, 07:27   #842
BHPian

My car is 2013 registered and is already having engraved/embossed registration plates with hologram from rto. On the windshield there is transparent sticker, I got with these plates. I want to know whether I also have to change my registration plates with these new iteration.
My regstation plates are secured with screwless rivets. In case I have to get it changed, is it be possible to remove old registration plates and rivets without damaging the bumper.
Old 3rd October 2020, 12:25   #843
BHPian

Went to link Utsav, Gurgaon today to get both the stickers as i already had HSRP plates. Took 15 mins and Rs 100 as most in the crowd for HSRPs, no documents needed. For number plates and stickers they charging 700.

Last edited by Mr. Nobody : 3rd October 2020 at 12:29.
Old 3rd October 2020, 12:50   #844
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
Am facing the exact same issue for my 2019 Baleno which has HSRP fitted, were you able to solve it? Planning to call my dealer if he has some information about it.
Unfortunately not. I try at least once everyday but there seems to be a glitch. My friend has a 2019 Ciaz and he is facing the same problem . Will be visiting Magic Auto (Maruti ASS) next week to find out if they have any clue about this.
captain.torque is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2020, 14:34   #845
BHPian

The following link (whose intimation I got by email today) seems to say that HSRP is mandatory in all states now.

https://www.doordarshannews.com/rto-...-form-2020-21/

Is that true? Is it mandatory in Karnataka too? If so, what's the procedure to obtain one the proper way in Bangalore?

The above website claims that it lists statewise URLs for applying, but I went thru the article twice and I can find no such links.
Old 3rd October 2020, 15:02   #846
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknown View Post
This absurd rule is just creating corruption & havoc here & there, What's the ticket amount 2k or 5k or 10k ?

I got ticket for not having the required plates & they said ticket is for 5k, after much hassle I had to shell out 500 as bribe.

If we order new plates do we also get stickers (color & white) along with it by default or not? or we have to apply separately?

Also we can order only stickers as well, on their site FAQ aren't available for these questions.

Thanks!
Does your vehicle have HSRP plates and no sticker? Also where did you get booked for the ticket?

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
In my case I was getting this error earlier, now the page shows me a blank page with the url http://bookmyhsrp.com/StickerReceipt.aspx

I called up my dealer, Courtsey Honda, Okhla and they said I should try the online option. If that fails, they gave me a number where I could send my details via whatsapp and then they would help obtain the sicker after 10-15 days of waiting. Cost of the sticker will be 150 rupees in that case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Abhi View Post
My car is 2013 registered and is already having engraved/embossed registration plates with hologram from rto. On the windshield there is transparent sticker, I got with these plates. I want to know whether I also have to change my registration plates with these new iteration.
My regstation plates are secured with screwless rivets. In case I have to get it changed, is it be possible to remove old registration plates and rivets without damaging the bumper.
You just need the colour coded sticker. There is an option on https://bookmyhsrp.com for that.

-- no1lives4ever

Last edited by no1lives4ever : 3rd October 2020 at 15:07.
no1lives4ever is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2020, 17:48   #847
BANNED

We have three Kanpur registered Honda's. I have finally located Crown Honda in NOIDA with the help of Pushp Honda Kanpur. We have transferred the amount(s), and are now looking forward to it. I fact one of my cars has tamper proof fasteners from the days when HSRP were in a limbo.
Old 4th October 2020, 16:23   #848

I got the HSRP installed a year ago, but the windshield of my car broke 2 months back and the sticker had to be removed with the windshield.

I placed an order for a new colored sticker, and made the payment but it seems to have timed out. When I am trying to track the order it says: Not Successful Created. But I received an email from CCAvenue that the payment was successful and they shared an order id as well.

The appointment was supposed to be for October 8th. Wondering what to do now.
Attached Thumbnails
High security registration plates (HSRP) in India-hrsp.jpg  

High security registration plates (HSRP) in India-track-order.jpg  

Old 4th October 2020, 19:56   #849
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMWLN View Post
But I received an email from CCAvenue that the payment was successful and they shared an order id as well.
The same happened with me when I made the payment online last year (for Gurgaon). Their customer care was also unreachable. I don't think the website mentioned an appointment date at the time of payment for me but I checked the status about a month later it turns out the plate had been ready for pickup in a few days after I made the payment.
Tanmay K is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2020, 09:54   #850
BHPian

Hello All. An urgent query: A stone/chip hit the windshield of my car and a small hairline crack has come up there (Picture attached). So, I will be taking the car for Windshield replacement. However, the third registration plate of car i.e. sticker issued by RTO is also there on the windshield. I will request the person changing the windshield to try and remove the sticker but in case, they are unable to do it, do I need to apply for the whole number plate again so as to get the sticker or can I apply for sticker alone? Thanks in advance.

P.S. I have already applied for new Fastag though it's an impossible scenario of it arriving soon.
Attached Thumbnails
High security registration plates (HSRP) in India-img_20201005_093428.jpg  

Last edited by Amity : 5th October 2020 at 09:56. Reason: Typo
Old 5th October 2020, 11:03   #851
BHPian

After reading this thread, I came on know that my number plate is an HSRP. I got it directly from the car dealer with the vehicle.

But I don't see any special lock or anything to prevent tammper. After installing at the dealer, it was removed once again and installed locally due to some work that needed to be done.
Old 5th October 2020, 12:38   #852
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_crazy1400 View Post
You will have to fill the laser engraved numbers on your existing HSRP plates.

Though you may try filling in the front / rear numbers as both are different and are recorded in the data base of Vahan. The rear hsrp number is also mentioned on my UP16 (NOIDA) registration paper for Seltos.

Adding pic
I have HSRP on my 2015 Nano, but no numbers for entering in Front & Rear Laser sections on the website - as i want to order sticker. Any idea, what i need to do ?
Attached Thumbnails
High security registration plates (HSRP) in India-whatsapp-image-20201005-12.35.28-1.jpeg  

High security registration plates (HSRP) in India-whatsapp-image-20201005-12.35.28.jpeg  

Old 5th October 2020, 15:25   #853
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessie007 View Post
I have HSRP on my 2015 Nano, but no numbers for entering in Front & Rear Laser sections on the website - as i want to order sticker. Any idea, what i need to do ?
It might be non genuine HSRPs as some shops sell such plates to those who wanna avoid Police or maybe a error when making. My 2015 car does have the numbers etched on them.
Old 5th October 2020, 16:32   #854
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Nobody View Post
It might be non genuine HSRPs as some shops sell such plates to those who wanna avoid Police or maybe a error when making. My 2015 car does have the numbers etched on them.
Hmm... But this was installed at Tata Showroom only when the car was bought new. Need to sue them
Old 5th October 2020, 16:52   #855
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessie007 View Post
Hmm... But this was installed at Tata Showroom only when the car was bought new. Need to sue them
Yeah you can try asking at the showroom why you got these plates else just order in a new pair of plates with the 2 stickers to avoid harassment by the traffic police later. I saw unusally high number of policemen on the Delhi / GGN border checking vehicles coming in Ysday. Not sure if for these HSRPs or other old ways to extort money

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks