Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th November 2020, 19:30   #886
BHPian

Re: High security registration plates (HSRP) in India

Dear esteemed members, have any of you been facing an unexplained delay in receiving HSRP plates? I had booked my appointment for 7th October after paying the amount and I still haven't received my number plates.

It has been over a month already. The dealer (Courtesy Honda, Okhla) says that they haven't received the plates however the bookmyhsrp customer care says that the plates has already been dispatched by them. What to do?
Old 8th November 2020, 19:51   #887
BHPian

High security registration plates (HSRP) in India

Has anyone from Gurgaon managed to get HSRPs and fuel sticker ? The website hasn't been working since the last one month or so it seems. The bookmyhsrp site works for only DL or UP number plates.
sharninder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2020, 20:11   #888
Senior - BHPian

Anyone know if HSRP is getting mandatory in Bengaluru? I saw a tweet from a senior BTP officer advising use of IND number plate. What is the procedure in Bengaluru to upgrade number plate to HSRP?
Old 12th November 2020, 01:00   #889
BHPian

Hello fellow Bhpians, this is my first not-a-reply and an Informative Post on Team-Bhp, please bear with me for unintentional/noob mistakes committed if any!
I am sharing the process I went through to get HSRP for my 5 year old MS ALTO K10.

This had become a need of the hour because recently a notification was issued by the Punjab State Transport Department which mentioned application of HSRP to be mandatory w.e.f 1/10/2020, failing which would result a fine of Rs.2000 for the First Offense and Rs.3000 for Subsequent Offenses.

Note : I am sharing the process for Punjab State but I think it would be more or less similar in other states as well.
This process is exactly same for any 2 Wheeler as well.

The official website for HSRP in Punjab is - www.punjabhsrp.in

The homepage of the website looked like this: (Refer to Image 1)

Here I clicked on "Apply HSRP Online" button. This lead me to the next page: (Refer to Image 2)

I entered all the details. (All the required details can be found on the Vehicle RC)

In the "Select Fitment Location" box, there are two options:-
1. Visit the RTO
2. Home Fitment
I went with the Home Fitment option as it was more convenient and also keeping in mind the current pandemic situation it was a lot safer option.
(Do note there are extra charges for Home Fitment which are required to be paid along with the HSRP fee)

After entering the details and clicking on the submit button, it lead me to the payment page.
The fee for HSRP was Rs.513.30 and for Home Fitment was Rs.177 (Both incl GST). The total amount I paid was Rs.690.30 and was paid through Debit Card (Credit Card attracts a little more charges as clearly mentioned on the website itself).

On the payment page itself, there was an option to select date of appointment and I selected 09/11/2020. (This was the earliest date available and I was applying it on 27/10/2020)

Once the payment was done, a receipt was opened in a new page and I downloaded it.

09/11/2020 - I waited for the whole day thinking I would recieve a call from RTO for my HSRP but there was no communication whatsoever either by mail/sms/call. I was very dissapointed as the car is my mother's daily driver and I made her take a leave from work just to get the number plate applied, expecting them to be punctual

10/11/2020 - Again waited the entire day for any communication from their side. At 4:00 P.M I thought it pertinent to call the helpline number. But instead of not picking up the phone, they were rejecting my calls. This made me furious as there were 3 phone numbers given and I had tried calling them all but the result was same i.e call being rejected from their end every time.
So decided to e-mail them instead. Their email for customer complaints was given just below the helpline numbers i.e customer.care@hsrppunjab.com.
I wrote a detailed email describing the whole incident and attached my reciept as well in it.
To my surprise I got a reply mail within an hour itself! In it, they assured me that the letters on my number plate had been embossed and it would take 3-7 more days to be home delivered and fitted.

11/11/2020 - At 10:23 A.M. my father got a call from their field person, but the car not being available at home he requested him to come later in the afternoon.
At 4:00 P.M I called the guy describing the house location and he was at our place within 30 minutes.
He came with all the tools required and took less than 10 minutes to remove the earlier plate and install the new one

A total of 2 things were installed:-
+Front and Rear HSRP (Refer to Image 3)
+A sticker on the windshield (Refer to Image 4)

At the end I would say the whole process was fairly simple and it took exactly 15 days to get a new HSRP fixed. The things required were Internet Connection, Vehicle Details, Debit Card and a lot of patience(which was lacking in me )
Attached Thumbnails
High security registration plates (HSRP) in India-screenshot_20201111230116_chrome.jpg  

High security registration plates (HSRP) in India-screenshot_20201111230147_chrome.jpg  

High security registration plates (HSRP) in India-20201111_16580601.jpeg  

High security registration plates (HSRP) in India-20201111_16593701.jpeg  

Rambo-RS is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th November 2020, 10:19   #890
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharninder View Post
Has anyone from Gurgaon managed to get HSRPs and fuel sticker ? The website hasn't been working since the last one month or so it seems. The bookmyhsrp site works for only DL or UP number plates.
Go to "Link utsav" near rajiv chowk and get them made. Costs 700 odd rupees.
Mr. Nobody is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2020, 22:43   #891
BHPian

Quote:
I too got a chalan today, but the Haryana site has not been working since the lockdown. In fact I was about to book an appointment when the lockdown was announced. Since August September I have started looking at it again - site is consistently down.
It is getting ridiculous now - you can't do anything about it and have to cough out money at regular intervals....

I absolutely refuse to stand in a queue and fight and get HSRP under current circumstances. When the government is spouting so much bullshit on security and digital and what not the least they can do is get basic services like these online.
Old 7th December 2020, 14:49   #892
BHPian

Can someone please clarify if it is mandatory to get these HSR plates for cars/bikes which are registered pre-2019 in Karnataka?

If mandatory, what is the last date for affixing them?
null is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2020, 15:37   #893
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jebs View Post
Is it possible to get HSRP plates installed in Chennai? Mine is 2018 registered and looking for installing the HSRP plates on my Car.
I've installed the HSRP plates through the dealer i have purchased the Car. The total cost was Rs.800. It was installed on the frames only and there's no snaplock on the number plate.
Old 15th December 2020, 12:46   #894
BHPian

In Delhi, Vehicles without HSRP, colour-coded stickers to be fined ₹5,500 from today (15th Dec 2020) https://www.livemint.com/news/india/...006710678.html

I still can’t get the bookmyhsrp.com site to accept my cars registration details. It continues to ask me to update details from the registration certificate. Have checked 10s of times now.

Delhi has huge traffic police presence on the roads these days. So everyone without these stickers Or number plates be very careful when driving around Delhi.
Old 15th December 2020, 19:12   #895
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1lives4ever View Post
In Delhi, Vehicles without HSRP, colour-coded stickers to be fined ₹5,500 from today (15th Dec 2020) https://www.livemint.com/news/india/...006710678.html

I still can’t get the bookmyhsrp.com site to accept my cars registration details. It continues to ask me to update details from the registration certificate. Have checked 10s of times now.

Delhi has huge traffic police presence on the roads these days. So everyone without these stickers Or number plates be very careful when driving around Delhi.
It says that the registered vehicles of other states are not included in this. I have a UP Ghaziabad registered vehicle, so is it exempt for now in Delhi?
Tarrodie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2020, 23:43   #896
BHPian

Hi folks,

Was trying to book an appointment for installation of HSRPs and color stickers for my cars today on bookmyhsrp.com. I was successful in booking an appointment for my Toyota Camry and Honda City, however I faced an error saying "Kindly update details from your registration certificate", while booking the appointment for my Corolla Altis and Innova Crysta.

High security registration plates (HSRP) in India-hsrp.jpg

Please note that both the cars are of the same manufacturing year, were purchased from the same dealership and are registered under the same series i.e. DL 3CCE.

I have also verified the details mentioned on the RC with the details reflecting on the mParivahan app.

Has anyone faced a similar issue while making the booking ?

Also, is there any other alternative method of booking the appointment ?
Old 16th December 2020, 02:01   #897
RJK
Senior - BHPian

Is this HSRP rule enforced in Bombay also? Our driver was fined citing non HSRP plates & the photo is up online stating non-visibility of number plate. I'm quite confused - haven't heard from anyone or in newspapers regarding such a rule
Old 16th December 2020, 07:36   #898
BHPian

Where can I get HSRP for my car in Mumbai? Is there any way to get it online to avoid unnecessary exposure in pandemic times?
Old 16th December 2020, 12:57   #899
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinkara View Post
I absolutely refuse to stand in a queue and fight and get HSRP under current circumstances. When the government is spouting so much bullshit on security and digital and what not the least they can do is get basic services like these online.
Quote:

Here is the relevant Link Utsav site. Online booking link does not work. And here is the list of their locations throughout Haryana. I am going to try out for Gurgaon and report back. I have the plate but did not realize that I need the sticker as well.

Also stumbled across this circular from Haryana Transport department urging enforcement and challan for HSRP.

Scanned on a banned app - CamScanner. As is usual, one rule for them and one rule for the rest of us. Sarcastic
Old 16th December 2020, 13:10   #900
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaced Out View Post
Here is the relevant Link Utsav site. Online booking link does not work. And here is the list of their locations throughout Haryana. I am going to try out for Gurgaon and report back. I have the plate but did not realize that I need the sticker as well.

Also stumbled across this circular from Haryana Transport department urging enforcement and challan for HSRP.

Scanned on a banned app - CamScanner. As is usual, one rule for them and one rule for the rest of us. Sarcastic
The Link Utsav office in Gurgaon is pretty easy to get to. Just be there early in the morning when they open (9.30am). I was there about 9.45am and had two people in front of me and my work was done in 10-15 minutes. They only need to take a look at the original RC of the car.
I went again the next weekend (Saturday) to collect and get the HSRP fixed but got a bit late and reached around 10.30. There was a queue of around 10-15 people but thankfully the person looking at collections counter was free so again took me 10-15 minutes. There is also a guy there fixing the plates who takes a small "baksheesh". That same day my cousin who was there to apply for an HSRP for his vehicle couldn't do so because their computer wasn't working. We waited for about an hour and then left !

Last edited by sharninder : 16th December 2020 at 13:12.
sharninder is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks