Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st July 2021, 00:47   #1051
BHPian

Re: High security registration plates (HSRP) in India

Good evening BHPians

I am presently in Kolkata and bought my Harrier from here. However my car is registered in Jharkhand.
Few days back, I have received my Car no by SMS and also able to download it on Digilocker.

When I contacted my dealer to provide me HSRP they told me to take from Jharkhand RTO, I pressurised them and then they started the process. Meanwhile, I contacted Celex which is HSRP provider of Kolkata. And they asked for car number and registration digital certificate which I promptly shared with them. However, later I got mail from them that they can't make HSRP for me because TML has not authorised them for making HSRP for Jharkhand.

Now I am in a fix, Any possible advice or lead will be very helpful. Would like to have my car HSRP fixed ASAP. Also would like to know from fellow BHPians who own Harrier about fixing position of plate in car. Does Harrier require drilling on car body too or it is possible to put on given holes.

Thanks
Old 1st July 2021, 19:46   #1052
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviatoraval View Post
Good evening BHPians

I am presently in Kolkata and bought my Harrier from here. However my car is registered in Jharkhand.
Few days back, I have received my Car no by SMS and also able to download it on Digilocker.
My Car was bought from Trivandrum but it was brought to Bangalore on TEMP Registration and then Registered here permanently.

I got the registration details downloaded from Digilocker. But for some reason the Bangalore dealer was not able to print the HSRP plate here in Bangalore

I contacted the Dealer in Trivandrum and send them the Digilocker details (as screenshot) and with that they got the clearance from the manufacturer and Printed the plate in Trivandrum

Without manufacturer clearance HSRP can't be printed, for new vehicles, if I understand the process correctly

They sent it to the dealer in Bangalore along with the sticker etc and the Bangalore dealer did the rest of stuff here in Bangalore.

Now I got the smart card as well from Bangalore RTO.

Try talking to Jharkhand dealer

Best Regards & Drive Safe
r_nairtvm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2021, 14:21   #1053
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
For newly registered vehicles it is mandatory. For existing vehicles, it will soon be made mandatory.
Is it now mandatory to change the number plates to IND plates for older cars? Is the rule there and strictly enforced? (say, in Bangalore)

A swiggy deliver boy said that he was delayed because the police held him and had to pay a fine of 300/- for not having the IND number plate on his two wheeler.

I haven't bothered to change it to IND plate for my old vehicles. So just wondering!

Last edited by balenoed_ : 2nd July 2021 at 14:35.
Old 8th July 2021, 21:04   #1054
Senior - BHPian

Are HSRP being currently provided in Mumbai / Maharashtra RTOs for pre 2019 vehicles.
I regularly drive out of Maharahstra and have been questioned for this especially in Gujarat.

I checked the Vahaan Government site but there is no provision for online application.

Any views ?
ruzbehxyz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2021, 07:56   #1055
Distinguished - BHPian

I need some advice regarding HSRP in Bangalore. My cousin has an i20 and that needs to be brought home. I would like him to have HSRP fixed before getting the car home as out station car can be troubled due to many issues. What's the procedure to get it done?
Old 9th July 2021, 15:07   #1056
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
I need some advice regarding HSRP in Bangalore.
... What's the procedure to get it done?
For Delhi or UP, we can visit https://www.siam.in/hrspsubmit.aspx?...1&pgidtrail=91 for booking our HSRP plates.

For other states, my guess is the state transport ministry or department's website would have the details. An easier bet is to ask the local car dealer.
Old 9th July 2021, 15:30   #1057
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I need some advice regarding HSRP in Bangalore. My cousin has an i20 and that needs to be brought home. I would like him to have HSRP fixed before getting the car home as out station car can be troubled due to many issues. What's the procedure to get it done?
If registration is being transferred to KA, best to inquire with the relevant RTO if HSRP will be issued with the new number.

I haven't seen it listed as a service on KA RTO sites, but it may be possible when a KA number is issued for a transferred vehicle.
Old 9th July 2021, 16:02   #1058
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
If registration is being transferred to KA, best to inquire with the relevant RTO if HSRP will be issued with the new number.

I haven't seen it listed as a service on KA RTO sites, but it may be possible when a KA number is issued for a transferred vehicle.
Sorry for not making it clear. Registration is not being changed. He wants to get his car home and will take it again later to Bangalore. He just wants a HSRP affixed. That's it.
Old 9th July 2021, 16:23   #1059
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Sorry for not making it clear. Registration is not being changed. He wants to get his car home and will take it again later to Bangalore. He just wants a HSRP affixed. That's it.
Is HSRP mandatory in the location the car is relocating temporarily?

Karnataka still only has HSRPs for new car registrations (eff. April 2019), and others are allowed non-HSRP for the time being.

Dealership/RTO is your best bet to inquire.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th July 2021, 12:00   #1060

Hi,

I have been unable to get an HSRP for my Jeep compass since last year. Finally we got to understand that there is a mistake in our vehicle RC. In the column Manufacturer it is written "Others" instead of the manufacturer name.

Now I have been following up with Landmark Jeep guys for the past 6 months to help me get the RC rectified and yesterday they have sent us a letter saying the name of manufacturer should be "FIAT INDIA AUTOMOBILES PVT LTD." instead of "FIAT CHRYSLER AUTOMOBILES PVT LTD".

The HSRP website has only the option of "FIAT CHRYSLER AUTOMOBILES" and there is no "FIAT INDIA AUTOMOBILES" and yet the Landmark Jeep team says that FIAT INDIA is correct and that they have their own HSRP portal which is the only place to get hsrp for Jeep vehicles.

Please help me understand if this is true ?

Thanks
Old 14th July 2021, 15:47   #1061
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post

Karnataka still only has HSRPs for new car registrations (eff. April 2019), and others are allowed non-HSRP for the time being.
There is a tweet today on this regard, one gentleman was stopped by Cops for not having HSRP on his 6 year old vehicle. On the same tweet, Bangalore traffic police has replied to check with RTO on how to obtain the same

Does this indicate that we all need to move to HSRP for our old cars in Bangalore at the earliest
Old 14th July 2021, 16:25   #1062
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadadhar View Post
Does this indicate that we all need to move to HSRP for our old cars in Bangalore at the earliest
Karnataka tried in 2013, but the tender process was mired in controversy. That issue now appears to have been settled legally, and a fresh tender is being proposed.

Potential 5-year deadline for HSRP conversion, according to this news article from March 2021.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th July 2021, 16:19   #1063
BHPian

Any leads from where I can get the third registration plate sticker for the windshield of my car which is getting replaced tomorrow.
bigDaddy_In is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2021, 00:32   #1064
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruzbehxyz View Post
Are HSRP being currently provided in Mumbai / Maharashtra RTOs for pre 2019 vehicles.
I regularly drive out of Maharahstra and have been questioned for this especially in Gujarat.

I checked the Vahaan Government site but there is no provision for online application.

Any views ?
As of right now, only vehicles registered after April 2019 are mandated to sport HSRPs. The Maharashtra government has not been able to finalise an official vendor for HSRPs even after multiple rounds of bidding etc over successive financial years. In our neighbouring states (Goa, Gujarat, etc), older vehicles are being provided HSRPs through dedicated vendors since the past couple of years however.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigDaddy_In View Post
Any leads from where I can get the third registration plate sticker for the windshield of my car which is getting replaced tomorrow.
Get in touch with your dealership or visit the concerned RTO. The dealership should guide you well too. Surely there is a provision in place for a replacement sticker.

Last edited by vb-saan : 26th July 2021 at 12:35. Reason: Back-to-back posts merged. Please use multi-quote option when replying to multiple posts. Thank you!
IamNikhil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2021, 16:52   #1065
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamNikhil View Post
Get in touch with your dealership or visit the concerned RTO. The dealership should guide you well too. Surely there is a provision in place for a replacement sticker.
I got it through the dealership. They got me the whole set. Although they've put the orange(with green) sticker which is for BS-Vi on my BS-iV vehicle. I hope that should not cause any problem going forward.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks