Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th July 2021, 01:03   #1066
BHPian

Re: High security registration plates (HSRP) in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigDaddy_In View Post
...Although they've put the orange(with green) sticker which is for BS-Vi on my BS-iV vehicle. I hope that should not cause any problem going forward.
Ideally you should escalate and get this rectified immediately. How careless are they? You'll get into a soup if there's an RTO check sometime and the sticker is found to be illegal, considering a BS4 vehicle is being passed-off as a BS6 one. Since you are paying the dealership for this service anyway, make sure they deliver the right stuff.
Old 26th July 2021, 12:03   #1067
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigDaddy_In View Post
Any leads from where I can get the third registration plate sticker for the windshield of my car which is getting replaced tomorrow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IamNikhil View Post
Get in touch with your dealership or visit the concerned RTO. The dealership should guide you well too. Surely there is a provision in place for a replacement sticker.
In Haryana, we can apply only for sticker on the official website https://hsrphr.com/

It gives both options :
1. HSRP with Colour sticker
2. Only Colour sticker [for those who have HSRP with serial numbers]

You can check if similar site exists for your state.
Old 28th July 2021, 04:44   #1068
Distinguished - BHPian

Karnataka may move to HSRP for older vehicles by the next 3-4 years, as indicated by this news. Currently we dont have HSRP for older vehicles.

https://www.deccanherald.com/state/t...s-1013669.html
condor is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2021, 07:21   #1069
Distinguished - BHPian

There is a wide variation in how HSRPs look on vehicles. Here is the wide array of plates that I've seen

1. Perfect ones, riveted on both front and rear, and number sticker pasted on the front windscreen

2. Perfect ones riveted on both front and rear but no sticker on the windscreen

3. Perfect ones, with either of the two plates bolted. Generally, the front plates can be seen bolted or screwed in

4. Perfect ones, but riveted onto the old plates with old plates partly visible

5. Faded plates with the black lettering completely gone

Like most other programs, this one is also good on paper but implementation is poor. There is no reassurance of these plates being high security. The quality of plates fitted at RTOs via on line appointments is generally poor quality as they're offered at very low rates. The emboss is good but the black stickering is zilch. On the other hand, HSRPs installed via dealers or other stores in town are generally perfect.

For poor quality plates, the govt. has issued guidelines that the supplier will install them FOC but an on line appointment needs to be taken and one has to visit the RTO again. Very few take this route and waste time in getting them replaced. In any case, there is no guarantee that the new plates would be in any way better than the ones that have been removed. Here are some sample pics.

Good quality HSRP on a GSRTC bus - none of the buses I've seen have faded plates
High security registration plates (HSRP) in India-hsrp_intact.jpg

HSRP on my scooter shot immediately after installation - note the poor stickering
High security registration plates (HSRP) in India-hsrp_poorquality.jpg

Faded HSRP - black stickering all gone
High security registration plates (HSRP) in India-hsrp_faded.jpg

Last edited by vigsom : 28th July 2021 at 07:24.
vigsom is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2021, 09:23   #1070
BHPian

It seems Karnataka is back on the HSRP bandwagon. Not sure how well executed it will be this time around.

Karnataka govt initiates process to ensure all vehicles in state have high-security number plates
Old 3rd September 2021, 08:10   #1071
Senior - BHPian

For cars which go for bumper repainting, what happens to the HSRP?
I believe it gets damaged upon removal. Will the dealership process and install an original replacement or does it involve a pillar to post running around by the owner?
GeeTee TSI is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2021, 10:09   #1072
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeeTee TSI View Post
For cars which go for bumper repainting, what happens to the HSRP?
I believe it gets damaged upon removal. Will the dealership process and install an original replacement or does it involve a pillar to post running around by the owner?
Nothing happens to the number plates, per se.

Use a small drill bit to drill into and remove the rivets used to fit the plates on the bumper and re use the plates on the new bumper either with new rivets or screws.

Have seen this on lots of used dealer cars in Delhi.
car_crazy1400 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2021, 13:00   #1073
Senior - BHPian

How about the 3rd number plate sticker on the windshield? Is there a process to get a new one incase of windshield replacement
Old 7th September 2021, 10:09   #1074
BHPian

Today I saw in newspaper that, from this week onward, Kerala MVD squads are gonna make stricter checks on HSRP plates. Each vehicle needs the plates on front and back + the color coded sticker on front wind shield. My July 2020 purchased car have front and back plates but doesn't have color coded sticker (Dealer didn't provide that at the time of purchase, quoting some supply issue due to Covid lock-down). I checked online and I couldn't find any portal to apply for this in Kerala. Can any Kerala bhpians comment on how to procure those stickers in Kerala ?
mathewspaul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2021, 11:09   #1075
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathewspaul View Post
quoting some supply issue due to Covid lock-down).
New cars in KL, the plates are given through dealers. During the period mentioned by you, your dealer should have given you the windshield sticker. Mostly they missed on that, do take it up with them again and if no response, escalate it to the vehicle manufacturer too.

I don't think KL MVD allows you to apply for the same online as of now.
Old 7th September 2021, 19:40   #1076
BHPian

Is there anyway to get HSRP for HR registered car in UP ?
Or driving back to the city of original RTO is the only way?
rjainv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2021, 10:39   #1077
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjainv View Post
Is there anyway to get HSRP for HR registered car in UP ?
Or driving back to the city of original RTO is the only way?
You can only get the HSRP and colour coded sticker from the place of registration (where the RTO is located). I am living in Noida but the car is registered in Gurgaon, so I had to book an appointment and get the HSRP and colour coded sticker from Gurgaon.
TDIRaghav is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2021, 10:46   #1078
BHPian

I have VW vento 1.5 TDI MY 2016 and registered(HR) 2017. It is a BS4 and also showed the same on regular PUC documents. However, after getting the HSRP and colour coded sticker it is now showing the car as BS3 and the pollution check centers in Delhi are saying that we can't conduct a pollution check as it's a BS3 vehicle and the last PUC shows it as BS4. I am not sure how to get this corrected as it doesn't show anything on the RC.

I want to get this corrected asap. Has anyone faced a similar issue? Could you throw some light on the process and what documents do I need to prove to RTO that this is a BS4 car?
Old 13th September 2021, 16:24   #1079
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDIRaghav View Post
I have VW vento 1.5 TDI MY 2016 and registered(HR) 2017. It is a BS4 and also showed the same on regular PUC documents. However, after getting the HSRP and colour coded sticker it is now showing the car as BS3 and the pollution check centers in Delhi are saying that we can't conduct a pollution check as it's a BS3 vehicle and the last PUC shows it as BS4. I am not sure how to get this corrected as it doesn't show anything on the RC.

I want to get this corrected asap. Has anyone faced a similar issue? Could you throw some light on the process and what documents do I need to prove to RTO that this is a BS4 car?
I have faced similar issue. And not sure how to get it corrected. More than that how to prove that my vehicle is BS4 compliant to get it corrected.

Quoting my own post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoNoob View Post
I got PUC done for my BS4 vehicles (HR26) in March 2021. Got 1 year validity on first, but only 6 months on the second. On closely checking, I found that emission class was mentioned as BS3 for second one. I argued with the PUC guy to correct the emission class. However, he said he never entered the class.

Not sure if it's wrongly entered in the VAHAN database or entered wrongly by the PUC guy. Also, I checked vehicle details on VAHAN system but emission class is not displayed. Moreover, if its not correct in the system, I am not sure how to get is corrected. I am not concerned about paying twice every year, but any court/ authority may issue a diktat to invalidate BS3 vehicles.
Old 13th September 2021, 16:35   #1080
BHPian

I will try to find a solution and share with you. The SA at VW said that he will send some guy with me to the PUC center and get it sorted.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks