Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th January 2009, 20:17   #121
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by namah View Post
Mihir,

Log onto Utsav's website and provide them with your requirements. They will send back the contact details of an approved HSRP dealer. URL: High Security Registration Anti Theft Smart Car Number Plates manufacturer India

Cheers,
NaMaH
This Utsav site, doesnt seem to display Dealers' name and address. Can anyone post the details for Chennai ?
Old 20th January 2009, 20:25   #122
BHPian

Mine

Did HS numberplate for my bike from CarPoint,Trivandrum.Cost me 700 bucks
Attached Thumbnails
High security registration plates (HSRP) in India-num1.jpg  

High security registration plates (HSRP) in India-num.jpg  

Old 25th January 2009, 19:31   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrohead View Post
I have ordered the plates for my santro, getting it fitted tomorrow. 600/- bucks for the stuff.
Sorry guys. The guy was selling duplicate plates. I bought a pair of originals for 1050rs. I dint pay the other guy because i found out.

The funniest incident is, i got caught by police on the way just after fixing it. They fined rs 100/- for " Numberplate dimension not proper ". The guy said my HSR plates where over sized. And when i said those where HSR, he told me
" HSR ? Government Regulated ?? No, Nothing of that sort! "
Old 26th January 2009, 02:41   #124
BHPian

i enquired with utsav through email and i got their francise number they quoted 1650 for HSRP plate for my NHC
Old 26th January 2009, 12:49   #125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdesai_1981 View Post
i enquired with utsav through email and i got their francise number they quoted 1650 for HSRP plate for my NHC
1650 is expensive. They are making about 800 rs profit.
Old 26th March 2009, 13:41   #126
BHPian

High Security Number Plate in Chennai

Managed to locate a dealer and got them made for Rs.850/-

N.K.Impex
Old no.233,234, New no.198, I Floor,
Opp. Muthial Higher Secondary School,
Thambu Chetty Street, Mannady, Chennai 600 001
nkimpex@vsnl.net
Ph: (91) 44 42161274
Old 30th March 2009, 12:42   #127
BHPian

This weekend got the car's number plate done from Utsav Delhi.

They have couple of branches within Delhi and not alone in CP as mentioned in earlier thread.

Spoke with one of the main persons of Utsav (011-64683161)and he said they have couple of outlets in Delhi including PaharGanj, CP, Kirti Nagar.
For South Delhi, he can arrange the delivery of Plates for customers.

I was charged 800/-(close to) with bill for my Swift Plates.

The plates are not carrying the Unique nos as the govt has yet to release the series for including them on plates, but can be taken care of once govt. issues the series.

I am attaching the pics of the plate for your reference.
Attached Thumbnails
High security registration plates (HSRP) in India-swift-rear2.jpg  

Last edited by invincible7 : 30th March 2009 at 12:44.
Old 20th April 2009, 15:59   #128
Senior - BHPian

I checked out the Utsav website and mailed them for the Goa dealer. Called up the dealer and they quoted me Rs.1100 for the plates, bolts and windscreen sticker. Since it was quite far away I decided to check in other auto accessories shops. I found one close to my place and he quoted Rs. 1200. Fair enough I thought as it would save me 2 trips to Panjim, not to mention the cost of petrol (which obviously is more than the extra 100 bucks he's charging). I asked him about the special bolts and sticker and he had no clue what I was talking about. Finally after a long explanation he understood. Then he said he dosen't have them as it's not yet compulsory. I asked him whether he would provide it to me when it does become compulsory, he said "No, you'll have to order new plates". I asked him why. He then realised that I knew too much (Thanks to TBHP) to be taken for a ride and admitted they were fakes. But he didn't stop at that. He said that the originals would cost Rs.3500 and would be difficult to get. If he only knew the real price. But he's already fooled many people including my friends. The plates were however quite good and could not be distinguished from the originals.
Old 20th April 2009, 16:30   #129
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by invincible7 View Post
This weekend got the car's number plate done from Utsav Delhi.
And what about special bolts and windshield stickers. Did you manage to get those in 800/- or you were required to pay extra?
Old 20th April 2009, 18:20   #130
BHPian

The cost 800/- INR was paid inclusive of bill (inclusive of VAT).

I was offered the windscreen sticker for additional 100/- INR but i was not interested as it would just carry the Car's engine nos and Chasis nos besides the car nos. I already have the car's nos embossed on all the windows, so didnt consider going for the sticker additionally.

As for the bolts, i was offered to use the bolts with the plates, but the issue with bolts is that you cant remove them ever again to remove the plates if ever required. If God forbid and one has to remove or change the bumper, one will need to remove the plates by cutting and then going for all new plates because the bolts once screwed cant be removed again. So giving this consideration, i left the bolts option aswell.
Old 20th April 2009, 18:31   #131
BHPian

When Legally they are getting enforced? didn't see anything yet to change our number plates to HS. Does any one know the dates.
Old 20th April 2009, 19:13   #132
BHPian

Dont worry much on the dates...whenever the dates are finalised, the govt will give enough time frame for everyone to get the conversion done.
Old 20th April 2009, 19:27   #133
Team-BHP Support

Apart for the good looks, is there anything worth the extra 500 bucks or so in these plates ?
Old 20th April 2009, 19:36   #134
BHPian

Depends on how you look at it.

By going ahead with these plates, one gets an assurance that its legal as per the law from transport deptt inclusive of width and measure of fonts and plates prescribed for each category of car.

Going down the line, when the govt implements the rule fully, one wont need to work on it at that time, when it might be the prices go higher inorder to cover the large scale of demand by the people.

I have got the bill for the plates, so in future when the govt releases the unique series of nos which are embossed on the plates, i can get it done by showing the bill at Utsav outlets at no extra cost.
Old 20th April 2009, 19:41   #135
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by invincible7 View Post
The cost 800/- INR was paid inclusive of bill (inclusive of VAT)...
Dear invincible7; Where can I can number of my car embossed on glasses in Noida?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks