Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 24th September 2009, 17:47   #226
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
By Praveen4554 Today i ordered for 2 sets ( one for bike and car ) costing 1300 , near one of the car shops in Mision road . I think they would go to the main dealer and get it done. Not sure !
Did you order for the licenced security ones? In Cochin there is a guy who gets these plates done for Rs 1000 from Banglore and is the original printed ones. On the next door there is another one who sells fakes for Rs 1100 which is a sticker look alike of the security one. In Kerala it is still not mandatory. Does the high security ones come with any certificates?
Old 25th September 2009, 19:57   #227
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeev k View Post
Did you order for the licenced security ones? In Cochin there is a guy who gets these plates done for Rs 1000 from Banglore and is the original printed ones. On the next door there is another one who sells fakes for Rs 1100 which is a sticker look alike of the security one. In Kerala it is still not mandatory. Does the high security ones come with any certificates?
In Kerala, HSNP is not mandatory. So wait till the law come into play. Don't go for fake ones at this point.
Old 27th September 2009, 12:52   #228
BHPian

what is the status in Bangalore now? Stupid Government takes its own time deciding on this. It has been what 4 years now?

My Number plate on my bike is rusting and I want to change it. I am confused as to whether to for these Utsav plates or wait till a formal notification is issued.

Also, my T-BHP stickers are waiting to be stuck on the number plates , so is it better to wait for a few more months?
Old 27th September 2009, 13:03   #229
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRRaj View Post
Stupid Government takes its own time deciding on this. It has been what 4 years now?
Before the HSNP network becomes a reality, palm greasing network has to be in place . I guess that's the reason for delay.
Old 29th September 2009, 11:14   #230
BHPian

It seems one of the directors of Utsav got arrested in Goa today - looks like they were not authorized to sell the plates - at least in goa !

here's the news Number plate racket: Delhi man held in Goa - Delhi - City - NEWS - The Times of India
Old 29th September 2009, 11:40   #231
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by techn0l0gist View Post
It seems one of the directors of Utsav got arrested in Goa today - looks like they were not authorized to sell the plates - at least in goa !
I failed to understand what is illegal about selling registration plates in another state. Would it have been any different if they were just selling regular registration plates with few additional features?

Last edited by watashi75 : 29th September 2009 at 11:42.
Old 29th September 2009, 11:50   #232
BHPian

The Utsav plates look just like the "real" HSRP , it would be difficult to spot if someone has a HSRP instead of a utsav plate just by looking from a distance. If someone can buy plates that look like HSRP - that goes against the concept of having a HSRP !
Old 29th September 2009, 12:01   #233
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by watashi75 View Post
I failed to understand what is illegal about selling registration plates in another state. Would it have been any different if they were just selling regular registration plates with few additional features?
Let me clarify, There are no directives from the government to change the number plates yet, and these so called additional features are not approved by anyone, the final format has not been finalized and we have a company which is already duping thousands of people with their HSR plates, i have seen a lot of these plates arround and i can clearly say that they dont justify the cost of above 1000 Rs, i remember i got embossed plates for my esteem done at 300 Rs in Delhi couple of years back and there were a lot of people ready to do the job at that rate. This monopoly by UTSAV is surly not good,. Just imagine you buy a set and keep your fingures crossed that GOVT approves the same design and you realize the designs that actually got approved are different than yours and you have to change your number plates again. I would like to commend the State GOVT of GOA for this act, atleast this would be a eye opener for many people who just go for these for the sheer look and feel good factor, and i am sure most of you would understand the cheap looking monogram or brakeable screws serves no security to your car.

Edit: I have read on this thread itself about a guy being fined by kerala police for using the HSRP.

Pramod

Last edited by pramodkumar : 29th September 2009 at 12:05.
Old 5th December 2009, 19:48   #234
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
I got it done through so called guy who is awaiting approval for his firm, apparently nobody in Bangalore is approved yet, but yes they do sell the same spec plates.

I also got 4 snap on blots for fixing the plates, that reminds me i still havent fitted the snap on bolts lol. Costed 750 bucks if i remember correct.
Jaggu where in blore you got it done for 750 /pair ? .Do you have contact number of him ?
Old 5th December 2009, 20:41   #235

anyone know someone who does these plates in indiranagar area ? the only confirmed contact i saw was in new bel road - too fa
Old 6th December 2009, 08:43   #236
BHPian

I got it done from Car Shringar (Near Life Style) for 950/- 2 months ago.
Old 16th December 2009, 08:03   #237
BHPian

Does any BHPian have his car displayed in the utsav customer testimonials page ? I could see lots of KA and DL vehicles on this page and was wondering whether Utsav had contacted these guys to let them display their registration numbers in public domain

Clients Testimonials:- Auto Number Plates
Old 16th December 2009, 10:00   #238
Senior - BHPian

I went through the HSRP article and could not understand. Today also there is a news that Supreme court did not extend the date of implementing this. Can any one tell How does this function to help the Government find out the theft and other illegal activities.
Old 16th December 2009, 10:03   #239
Senior - BHPian

I saw the photos in the link. The plates seem to be bolted on like normal plates. What is "secure" about them? What prevents the thief from removing them?
Old 16th December 2009, 10:21   #240
BHPian

The plates are provided with snap lock fasteners, which makes it impossible to remove the plates once mounted. But not everyone wants to use the provided fasteners

Most Viewed