Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd April 2010, 19:43   #256
BHPian

I want to go for HSRP, does the RTO sell these themselves? My car is registered at Pen RTO. Can someone help me with this query?
Old 24th April 2010, 00:02   #257
BHPian

As we speak there is no authorised agency mandated to provide HSRP in the true sense in Maharashtra. There are some players who can provide you with HSRP clones which resemble the HSRP but without the security features like the "Ashok Chakra" hologram or the 10 to 12 digit serial no. which has to be laser etched on to the HSRPs. These features cannot be used legally unless the manufacturer is given the mandate by the government to officially manufacture and affix the same. The current clones I understand are available in some car accessories shops for upto Rs. 1500 a pair. But once the official roll out happens one will still have to go in for the change as the serial no. referred above will be the "control handle" in the govt. database. Also once rolled out all the cars will have the HSRP in the front and rear and also a chromium based sticker on the windscreen which will be tamperproof and contain details like the Vehicle no; chasis no; engine no and the serial no.
Old 30th April 2010, 09:00   #258
BHPian

Utsav supplies the number plate by courier after you have paid by credit/debit card. Next day service. It charges Rs 1200 or so. In Delhi, the same is available for under Rs 800 with Patel Brothers, Outer CP. They have bought a machine from Utsav. One-hour service.
Old 30th April 2010, 14:08   #259
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8guzzler View Post
I want to go for HSRP, does the RTO sell these themselves? My car is registered at Pen RTO. Can someone help me with this query?
I recently got a set made from Satyajeet in Pune. You can get his contact details from the Classifieds section on the forum. He is listed on pages 16/17 or 18 under the 'Accessories' category. He will make the plates and courier them out to you.

Excellent quality and complete in every way except for the individual security number. But this number business will start only when the government makes the security number plates mandatory. The entire project has been shelved/delayed for reasons unknown.
Old 8th June 2010, 11:07   #260
BHPian

Just read today that WB govt. is making it mandatory there.

fullstory
Old 8th June 2010, 11:44   #261
BHPian

The West Bengal govt. has indeed rolled out the scheme for HSRP. The govt. of Orissa is in the process of tender for appointing the supplier. Goa had implemented the process but following a high level inquiry have gone back and not made it mandatory as such.
With the Ho'able Supreme Court of India giving a comprehensive verdict on 18th of May 2010 on all the litigation that was combined in the country related to HSRP, the path is now cleared for the state govts. to go ahead and roll out this scheme.
It seems that the HSRP implementation in the country will finally see the light!!
Old 18th June 2010, 09:38   #262
BHPian

guys a little urgent. I would like to know where I can get these number plates in Chennai! please i am taking delivery today and I would need to know this so that I can have it iteched.
Old 18th June 2010, 09:48   #263
BANNED

They will have to be from a company approved by your state. If the state is yet to notify the they can only be called HSRP types. If the same company gets the license for your state then they will give you some discount at that time. I just got mine from Utsav for Rs.1225 (High Security Registration Anti Theft Smart Car Number Plates manufacturer India). I ordered on Friday afternoon then arrived pre-lunch on Monday. They also supplied four 'shear off' bolts.
Old 18th June 2010, 09:57   #264
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
They will have to be from a company approved by your state. If the state is yet to notify the they can only be called HSRP types. If the same company gets the license for your state then they will give you some discount at that time. I just got mine from Utsav for Rs.1225 (High Security Registration Anti Theft Smart Car Number Plates manufacturer India). I ordered on Friday afternoon then arrived pre-lunch on Monday. They also supplied four 'shear off' bolts.
Thanks mate. Let me also check it with the DSC hyundai dealers to know abt the HSNP. I take delivery of my car at 5pm today. I was thinking of getting it before delivery so that I can get it fitted at the dealer showroom during delivery.

Let me check it out. Thanks.
Old 8th July 2010, 10:25   #265
Senior - BHPian

Ordered Utsav plates online, last evening. Very prompt service i should say! Plates were dispatched yesterday itself. And i got confirmation mails for both the order and the dispatch (with the consignment number).
Old 8th July 2010, 11:40   #266
BHPian

Recently I was reading something about Israel.
They have a super highway which is having no toll booth at all.
They have systems which keep track of the vehicles passing through by number plates. Its so precise that the system checks the distance traveled by a vehicle and sends the toll receipt to registered address of that vehicle. People can pay that online.
amazing stuff.
Old 9th July 2010, 12:22   #267
Senior - BHPian

Received the plates and I am disappointed. One of the plates is not finished well and it was slightly bent as well. It looks bad even from a distance.

Here are some pics.
Attached Thumbnails
High security registration plates (HSRP) in India-dsc01446.jpg  

High security registration plates (HSRP) in India-dsc01448.jpg  

High security registration plates (HSRP) in India-dsc01449.jpg  

High security registration plates (HSRP) in India-dsc01450.jpg  

Attached Images

Old 9th July 2010, 12:48   #268
BHPian

Guys, I got mail back from Utsav that these arent High security number plates but they are Smart Number Plates. Below is the mail that I received from Utsav.
-------------------------------------------------------
DEar Sir

Greetings from UTSAV

Firstly please note we are not selling HIGH SECURITY NUMBER PLATES we are only selling SMART NUMBER PLATES.

This error message means that your nroswer may bec internet explorer is old and our website needs a newer version so we suggest you download GOOGLE CHROME web browser which is a very good once you use that web browser you can surely access our website

Hope you will place your order online soon.

Thanks n regards

UTSAV - DELHI
Old 9th July 2010, 13:58   #269
Senior - BHPian

If you are particular about getting these plates done, you can call either one of the below mentioned telephone numbers and place the order in chennai.

N K Impex, Old No. 233/234, New No. 198, First floor,
Opp. Muthial Higher Secondary School,
Thambu Chetty Street,
Mannady,
Chennai - 600001.
Ph: 42161274, 42161273, 9710430174

These are not definitely HSRP, i did so about a year and half back and they delivered this at my doorstep. I remember paying about 850/Rs for them. This information is available somewhere earlier in this thread too. Let me know if this helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutantX View Post
Guys, I got mail back from Utsav that these arent High security number plates but they are Smart Number Plates. Below is the mail that I received from Utsav.
DEar Sir

Greetings from UTSAV

Firstly please note we are not selling HIGH SECURITY NUMBER PLATES we are only selling SMART NUMBER PLATES.

This error message means that your nroswer may bec internet explorer is old and our website needs a newer version so we suggest you download GOOGLE CHROME web browser which is a very good once you use that web browser you can surely access our website

Thanks n regards

UTSAV - DELHI
Old 11th July 2010, 14:03   #270
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutantX View Post
DEar Sir

Greetings from UTSAV

Thanks n regards

UTSAV - DELHI
What so special about SMART NUMBER PLATES ?

Would you explain more ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks