Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 8th September 2010, 12:20   #301
Senior - BHPian

I ordered mine from Utsav. It cost 1000 + 200 shipping. Plates are of good quality. I could have got it done locally and saved around 200.
The only advantage of Utsav is you can order online.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Same queries here too. Wish some one would clarify on the queries. Planning to have them installed in Oct.
Yes, right now its only for aesthetic purpose.
Quote:
@slicks - Can you confirm that these fastening of the plates can be done by ourselves. If so, pls post the pics of the ones you did. Any thing to be wary of?
It can be DIY. You will need:
1) Spanner to remove the nuts
2) Drill to bore 5mm diameter holes.
But take care to drill the holes correctly to match your number plate holes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vasoo View Post
I know that mine is not the real HSRP either. But I think it is the closest we can get in terms of appearance at this point. It is at least better than advertising some company who is making use of the opportunity dishing out boards with their logos. I don't understand why people order from Utsav and advertise them freely when we all know we will have to change again when the regulations are in force.
True, they could have done away with Utsav logo. But about regulations, this has been going on for many years. I don't think it will happen any time soon.

PS: Few cars have holes in the middle. It should not happen that you have to drill holes on the numbers. I would recommend to get it done locally, custom made to match your vehicle.

Last edited by msdivy : 8th September 2010 at 12:26. Reason: Recommendation.
Old 8th September 2010, 12:33   #302
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
2) Drill to bore 5mm diameter holes.
But take care to drill the holes correctly to match your number plate holes.
Does it mean that drilling holes on the front bumper or on the plate to match the existing holes of the bumper?

I could not find the plates by car brands on the utsav website. They just have by the number plate size. If only they had some kind of drop down menu to select the car brand, it would have been better.

Just a thought why aren't these number plates provided by the dealer/car mmanufacturers. Surely they can source them at much lower cost and include them in cost of the vehicle.
Old 8th September 2010, 12:42   #303
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Does it mean that drilling holes on the front bumper or on the plate to match the existing holes of the bumper?
Not the bumper . Yes on the new plates to match the existing holes.
Quote:
I could not find the plates by car brands on the utsav website. They just have by the number plate size. If only they had some kind of drop down menu to select the car brand, it would have been better.
The plates are of standard size. It will fit all cars. But if the holes are in the middles, there are chances that you have to drill holes on the number. Hence I suggest to get it locally, custom made for your car.
Quote:
Just a thought why aren't these number plates provided by the dealer/car mmanufacturers. Surely they can source them at much lower cost and include them in cost of the vehicle.
I think they do. But charge extra.

Last edited by msdivy : 8th September 2010 at 12:43.
Old 8th September 2010, 13:11   #304
Senior - BHPian

Just ordered a set for my Xylo.
Old 8th September 2010, 13:26   #305
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I know that mine is not the real HSRP either. But I think it is the closest we can get in terms of appearance at this point. It is at least better than advertising some company who is making use of the opportunity dishing out boards with their logos. I don't understand why people order from Utsav and advertise them freely when we all know we will have to change again when the regulations are in force.
vasoo, yes closest to the real thing is correct.

Now as to the free advert thing I believe it is a non issue for most people. In fact I go the extent of ensuring that any new vehicle bought in my social circles where I am involved in the delivery process is devoid of any stickers with the dealer's name etc. but then that is me.

BTW even we will have to change our plates once the id numbers etc. come into play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
Not the bumper . Yes on the new plates to match the existing holes.

The plates are of standard size. It will fit all cars. But if the holes are in the middles, there are chances that you have to drill holes on the number. Hence I suggest to get it locally, custom made for your car.

I think they do. But charge extra.
No, the plate offered in the near square dimensions has enough space above the letters/numerals for the holes in the middle, my car's front plates are like that.
Old 8th September 2010, 13:47   #306
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
No, the plate offered in the near square dimensions has enough space above the letters/numerals for the holes in the middle, my car's front plates are like that.
My concern was for plates like this.

Here it fit well. But it may happen that hole might be on the number. I have seen cars with hole on the number (not with Utsav plate though). They had painted the screw black to mask it.
Old 8th September 2010, 14:16   #307
BHPian

Hi,

The Utsav website clearly mentions 2 products
1. HSRP with Chakra hologram / Serial Number
2. Ant Theft plates with Utsav logo.

Further they also have a disclaimer which was published in papers as well that product 2 is not product 1. It is mentioned in their website as well.
Old 18th October 2010, 19:37   #308
BHPian

Hi,

hope this is the right place to put this question. Number plates fixed on the front mud guard on 2-wheelers(ex. RE Bullets), are they legal now? I do see quite a few of them on the road.
Old 18th October 2010, 19:42   #309
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinjosep View Post
Hi,

hope this is the right place to put this question. Number plates fixed on the front mud guard on 2-wheelers(ex. RE Bullets), are they legal now? I do see quite a few of them on the road.
No. They are illegal in India.

Not sure if they are legal in Germany!
Old 20th October 2010, 07:37   #310
BHPian

new brick on the old wall

Looks like KERALA is on its own, there is a lil bit of everything in here... even the 7 digit permanent identification number.

The Hindu : Kerala / Thiruvananthapuram News : High-security number plates for vehicles

please verify this.
Old 9th November 2010, 09:36   #311
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkykar View Post
No. They are illegal in India.

Not sure if they are legal in Germany!
Thank you.

Am also in Bangalore now
Old 9th November 2010, 11:45   #312
BHPian

These number plates are legal in Pune.Have seen lot of people put them up on their cars.
Old 9th November 2010, 11:47   #313
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
this is the exact reason why i dint order the plated from Utsav & got them made from a local accessory shop.
Old 9th December 2010, 12:48   #314
Senior - BHPian

re: High security registration plates (HSRP) in India

i own a fiesta sxi and want to have a front number plate frame just like a city or aveo, can you guys suggest how can i get the same.
Old 10th December 2010, 16:53   #315
BHPian

re: High security registration plates (HSRP) in India

Raj, are these legal yet in Mumbai ??

I called up my dealer and he asked me not to out them on my car. As per him, there is no official circular out in the state yet and using them is illegal. So the traffic police can officially book you for using them.

Last edited by dar3dev|l : 10th December 2010 at 16:55.

Most Viewed