Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 17th March 2011, 15:28   #331
BANNED

re: High security registration plates (HSRP) in India

I do not understand as to why can be not have an ISS, and permit only ISS plates. Should not be too tough to enforce. UK had it even when I was a student in 1973!
Old 21st March 2011, 02:13   #332
BHPian

Went through the entire thread but I still cant find an address for plate makers in Mumbai/ Thane. I saw a brief mention of Vasai/ Powai but not the exact address or telephone number. Can someone please provide. Many thanks.
Old 21st March 2011, 11:12   #333
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinner View Post
There is this Dealer in Powai (mumbai) and he said it'll cost Rs 1500 for a Car and Rs 750 for a bike.
Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Hi vasoo,

While you are correct regarding the Chakra hologram, the thing is that the plates you are having are not HSRP(even I have plates similar to yours see my garage). The HSRPs will have a unique 8 or 10 digit id no which will be laser engraved beneath the words IND. So till the HSRP requirements actually kick in the Utsav guys are getting some free publicity by putting their logo instead of the chakra hologram.
Here's what I received from UTSAV

"Greetings from UTSAV

we do not have any dealers in MUmbai or Thane, so you are requested to place order ONLINE and we will ship directly to your address

For more details please visit FAQ page at our website.

Please note plates will have IND written on it.

Thanks n regards"

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Dear fellow TBhpian,

The last time I checked, Maharashtra is still an integral part of India. So what applies uniformally across the country applies to Maharashtra also.

The HR plates you see on my Blue Streak (see my garage) were made in Hadapsar or Bhosari ( I cannot recall the exact location) by a gentleman who has the franchise for Pune ( I contacted him through the classified section in the forum) and there is yet another gent who has the franchise for the Greater Mumbai and Thane regions, his factory is in Vasai and he is doing regular jobs for all of the car dealers in Bombay, Thane & New Bombay areas. Rest assured you can use these plates in MH and it is 100% legal.
May I request you for the contact details of the person. I would like to contact him for Mumbai/ Thane
Old 22nd March 2011, 00:24   #334

HSRP, once enforced, will be issued by RTOs only and we will not be able to buy it from any vendor. Right now it does not matter whether the plates look like HSRP or not.
Old 7th April 2011, 12:56   #335
BHPian

Ref: High security registration plates: SC notice to transport secys

The SC seems to have issued notices to the transport secretaries of Delhi, Punjab and UP for not implementing high security registration plates for vehicles.

What about the other states? It also says that the HSRPs should be GPRS enabled.

What is GPRS for in an HSRP?

Thanks.
Old 8th April 2011, 07:57   #336
Distinguished - BHPian

Latest on HSRP, seems to be gaining momentum.

SC asks states to act fast on high security registration plates - The Times of India

Cheers!

Last edited by volkman10 : 8th April 2011 at 08:02.
Old 8th April 2011, 08:23   #337
BHPian

HSRP - your opinion?

Hi Guys,

Just finished reading this article on TOI

SC asks states to act fast on high security registration plates - The Times of India

I can't imagine this happening in Australia. Firstle the backlash from the publish would be huge and i feel, insurmountable. Is this actually capable of being implemented in India? What is your opinion?

I personally think there is a huge privacy issue here and major opportunities for the misuse of data collected.

Paul
Old 8th April 2011, 08:24   #338
BHPian

I too saw the news today about the SC ruling to implement the HSNP in 6 weeks time! Is everyone sure that these are supplied only by RTO? So what will happen to outstation vehicles? Do we need to get those plates from the respective RTO elsewhere?
Old 8th April 2011, 15:21   #339
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by username View Post
What is GPRS for in an HSRP?
Its not GPRS but GPS.

Its got to do with a chip that will be embedded in the HSRP which will help track the exact location of a vehicle. This is supposed to come in handy for stolen vehicles. But, are our thieves so dumb that they cant outsmart this ?

Last edited by rr_zen : 8th April 2011 at 15:35.
Old 15th April 2011, 14:18   #340
BHPian

Hi

Contacted Elangovan on 9710430174 and they delivered this at my doorstep.
I paid 956Rs for them, this was on a 1day TAT & shops in GP Road(Nachiappa, etc) asked for 1100 to 1200 rs for the same with a 2 day TAT)

Highly recomended
Attached Thumbnails
High security registration plates (HSRP) in India-npe.jpg  

Old 15th April 2011, 15:24   #341
BHPian

Can't see any hole to put screw's ? How do you attach it.
Old 15th April 2011, 15:30   #342
BANNED

You drill the holes as required. Also, for HSRPs there are fasteners which are pilfer proof (break off). I just learnt that Meghalaya has HSRPs mandatory with Shimnit Utsch the authorised vendor.
Old 25th April 2011, 21:48   #343
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvprasad View Post
Hi

Contacted Elangovan on 9710430174 and they delivered this at my doorstep.
I paid 956Rs for them, this was on a 1day TAT & shops in GP Road(Nachiappa, etc) asked for 1100 to 1200 rs for the same with a 2 day TAT)

Highly recomended
I am presuming it was couriered. Is the delivery only restricted to the city? Does he do outstation as well?
Old 25th April 2011, 22:12   #344
BANNED

I dont know what security these present so called security plates give with tamper proof screws,

They look just fancy with IND , and an indian hologram, with specified font size numbers, but regarding that tamper proof screws, once the car is stolen what if the person removes the plate by other means.

As far as i am concerned, the number plate should be permanent with GPRS tracking, it could not be removed.

At present most so called security number plates are fixed with ordinary screws only, i have seen only one plate with tamper proof screw. People are fixing this not for security, but for fancy. thats my opinion.
Old 29th April 2011, 01:51   #345
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aghosht View Post

May I request you for the contact details of the person. I would like to contact him for Mumbai/ Thane
@aghost

I would suggest that you go through the classifeds on the forum. I found our friend in Poona there and am sure that you will find him too. Regarding the gentleman in Vasai, I got his number from his advertisement in one of the automotive periodicals. I will try and see if I could locate either one's contact details.

BTW the accessory shops off the teen haath naka petrol pump in Thane also offer these plates.
khoj is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed