Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th April 2011, 11:20   #346
BHPian

re: High security registration plates (HSRP) in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by aghosht View Post
Went through the entire thread but I still cant find an address for plate makers in Mumbai/ Thane. I saw a brief mention of Vasai/ Powai but not the exact address or telephone number. Can someone please provide. Many thanks.
I remember seeing these embossed plates hung in a few accessories shops in Mulund west. I had asked in one of the shops and he quoted 500 a piece. This shop is next to greenworld store on LBS road. Do note that this was about 8 months back.
nileshch is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2011, 10:13   #347
Senior - BHPian

In Kolkata one has to get these plates made directly from the RTO. The whole process costs either Rs. 400(Said by the dealer ) or Rs. 677(Said by someone who actually got it done from RTO)
Old 30th April 2011, 20:52   #348
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
@aghost
BTW the accessory shops off the teen haath naka petrol pump in Thane also offer these plates.
Perfect! I'll check it out tomorrow and get back with details.
Old 14th June 2011, 02:29   #349
Senior - BHPian

Guys

got my car registered and received the RC last week. Was down with cold over the weekend, but am thinking of getting the number plates done tomorrow.

Any idea how much it should cost in Hyderabad (I'm going to the Fortune Ford people - but they have a history of fleecing me)?

Also any suggestions/comments will be nice
Old 14th June 2011, 05:56   #350
knp
BHPian

these plates cost around 850 per pair.
knp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2011, 11:39   #351
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by knp View Post
these plates cost around 850 per pair.

Thanks, do you have any idea whether they should be charging me for the regular number plates also?

This may be a stupid question but I'm a new car buyer who has been fleeced twice by this dealer.
Old 14th June 2011, 11:57   #352
BANNED

Try Utsav : High Security Registration Anti Theft Smart Car Number Plates manufacturer India. These are the same, sut since they cannot be officially called HSRPs they just call them Smart vehicle Number Plates. Check up, they must be having a franchises in Hyderabad.
Old 14th June 2011, 12:02   #353
Senior - BHPian

you can order Utsav plates online. The cost will come to 1200+ incl taxes and may be another 50-100 for fixing it at your friendly neighborhood workshop (It is a simple DIY and you do not need a workshop unless you need to drill holes in the bumper and you are not confident of drilling those holes)
Link : Order Now
Old 14th June 2011, 12:45   #354
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Try Utsav : High Security Registration Anti Theft Smart Car Number Plates manufacturer India. These are the same, sut since they cannot be officially called HSRPs they just call them Smart vehicle Number Plates. Check up, they must be having a franchises in Hyderabad.

Thanks a lot sir, but this is getting confusing - on their website it says

"HSRP's are mandated by Govt of India to be affixed on all new vehicles from Oct 31st, 2007. All Existing vehicles will have to switch over to HSRP's within 2 years from date of implementation, now the State Governments have to implement this policy in the respective States at the earliest."

Which means at the moment (we are into 2011) every new vehicle must have HSRPs. But I don't see that - not in AP at least. what is going on?

My question was actually regarding the regular number plates, since I couldn't find a thread for that I posted it here (the most relevant place, though may not be relevant enough)
Old 14th June 2011, 14:17   #355
BANNED

You and they are both right. afaik only Meghalaya has implemented the policy. Rest of the states are sleeping. Depending on whether they get the franchise of s particular state, they may or may not be kosher, if and when, the regulation comes.

Also, Meghalaya have been smart. instead of the RTO fixing the plates they have outsourced it to Shimnit Utsch. They will give you the registration documents only when you present a cash memo from Shimnit.
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2011, 14:23   #356
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
You and they are both right. afaik only Meghalaya has implemented the policy. Rest of the states are sleeping. Depending on whether they get the franchise of s particular state, they may or may not be kosher, if and when, the regulation comes.

Also, Meghalaya have been smart. instead of the RTO fixing the plates they have outsourced it to Shimnit Utsch. They will give you the registration documents only when you present a cash memo from Shimnit.

Thanks you sir

So does it mean that if I get HSRP (or smart plates) now from them, once AP actually implements the law I may have to change the plates again?

Also why are the states not implementing it? is it because all the lawmakers break all license plate rules in all states (I guess will not be possible with HSRP)?
Old 14th June 2011, 14:41   #357
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vina View Post
Thanks you sir

So does it mean that if I get HSRP (or smart plates) now from them, once AP actually implements the law I may have to change the plates again?
Yes, if they get the franchise you may be get a discount. If they do not then you are at the mercy of new concessionaire. The addition will be a sticker on the front screen, and of course tamper proof fasteners. First they will come in for new vehicles, only then will they extend to older vehicles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vina View Post
Also why are the states not implementing it? is it because all the lawmakers break all license plate rules in all states (I guess will not be possible with HSRP)?
Goa tried, and then backed off due to the opposition. The local plate wallah does not like it, the nouveau riche is not for it (he cannot customise with Dracula text), and so on.
Old 14th June 2011, 14:51   #358
BHPian

I purchased my car in 2010 and while getting the vehicle I enquired with the dealer whether it's mandatory to go for HSRP and they said, not required as of now. But I liked the number plate, so I asked them to do it for me, for that they simply said it might take more time if I had to do it from them. So thought I will do it later from outside. There should be a stringent rule atleast for new vehicles to have this number plate, else nothing can ever change this state.
Old 14th June 2011, 14:54   #359
BHPian

After years of procrastination, legal tangles and Great Indian Lethargy, it appears that HSRP could make a beginning in Delhi by Aug 11. The Delhi HC has given green signal for the tendering process after (as usual) SC intervention.
Related link here
HC green signal for secure car number plates - Indian Express
Old 16th June 2011, 15:13   #360
J.Ravi

Smart Number Plates For Cara Mia Fiat Linea

Today, I personally visited N K Impex located near Rajeshwari theatre and Family Mall off Old Airport Road, Bangalore and bought embossed smart registration number plates for my FIAT Linea. A set of two embossed plates costs Rs 850 and a set of two plastic frame costs Rs 500. I paid Rs 1350 for both. I preferred the frames which circumvent drilling holes on the plates.

Mr Raja Shankar of N K Impex, whose MS SX4 wears the smart number plates embedded in the plastic frames, informed me that the plastic frames are imported from China. He showed me their plates and the fake ones. I could easily make out the difference in quality between the original and the fakes. The hologram on the top left corner of the plate depicts Ashoka Chakra instead of Utsav logo.
High security registration plates (HSRP) in India-dsc04037.jpg

Last edited by J.Ravi : 16th June 2011 at 15:22.
  (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks