Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th June 2011, 16:00   #361
knp
BHPian

re: High security registration plates (HSRP) in India

yeah, even I bought the plates along with frames from Raj Shankar for my i10. The frames avoid the drilling on these plates and also,gives a better look.
Old 16th June 2011, 17:54   #362
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
Today, I personally visited N K Impex and bought embossed smart registration number plates for my FIAT Linea.
A few minutes back, I completed the job of fixing the frames first, followed by the plates, on my Linea. Originally, my Linea had her plates fixed with four screws on each plate. However, I found that the slots on the frame match with two screw-holes only. So, I drilled two more matching holes on each frame to enable fixing the frame with four screws. Here are some pics:
High security registration plates (HSRP) in India-dsc04044.jpgHigh security registration plates (HSRP) in India-dsc04043.jpg

Old 17th June 2011, 13:00   #363
Senior - BHPian

Just orderd the UTSAV plates for my Bullet
Old 17th June 2011, 17:05   #364
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aghosht View Post
Perfect! I'll check it out tomorrow and get back with details.
Shree Krishna (left side while going towards 3 Pertol pump) does it for Rs 900 (plates) + Rs 700 (frames)
Another shop (right side) does it for Rs 850.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
So, I drilled two more matching holes on each frame to enable fixing the frame with four screws.
Did you use washers as well and SS screws? That way you can be sure that the screws wont rust + the plastic wont be damaged in the long run.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 28th June 2011 at 05:58. Reason: Merging back-toback posts. Please use the 'Edit' button if posting within 30 mins of previous post.
Old 17th June 2011, 18:52   #365
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by aghosht View Post
Did you use washers as well and SS screws?
I used the same original screws that were on the number plates earlier. Yes, they looked like stainless steel screws only. No, I didn't use any washers as holes I drilled were just sufficient for the screw.

Last edited by J.Ravi : 17th June 2011 at 18:54.

Old 27th June 2011, 14:57   #366
BANNED

Saw in the papers. Even Ulta Pradesh is expecting to award the contract on the 5th July! Let us see, will it be simple like in Meghalaya or a mess (most) likely with the RTO and its dirty and greasy paws everywhere.
Old 27th June 2011, 19:49   #367
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Saw in the papers. Even Ulta Pradesh is expecting to award the contract on the 5th July! Let us see, will it be simple like in Meghalaya or a mess (most) likely with the RTO and its dirty and greasy paws everywhere.

I hope with Mayawati's corporatized corruption, the guys who get the contract pay her directly and then RTO mess is cleaned up by them
Old 18th August 2011, 18:26   #368
BHPian

Where to get these number plates in Mumbai. Any dealer or need to order from UTSAV directly.

Little confusion on this:
1. Highsensitive number plate
2. Antitheft

Which one to go for?
Old 31st August 2011, 13:20   #369
Senior - BHPian

Secure number plates soon

High Security Registration Plates To Cost Less Than 300

Rumu Banerjee | TNN

NewDelhi:Months after the government finalized the tender for high security registration plates, Delhiites could finally start using the tamper-proof number plates soon.

Highly placed sources in the transport department said that high security number plates could become available within a few months. “With the high court giving the green signal for the secured number plates, the government will formally announce the name of the successful bidder. Once that happens, it will take only a few more weeks before the scheme is implemented.”

Earlier in June TOI had reported that DIMTS, the agency given the task to float the tender and choose a bidder to procure the number plates, had completed the process and would make the number plates available for less than Rs 300. However, no official announcements had been made by the government with the ongoing court case. Now, with the clearance from the court, the government is hoping to come out with the pricing of the number plates.

Said a senior official, “The weighted average price asked by the vendor is around Rs 140. After hot-stamping and personalizing the number plate, it should be available in the price range of less than Rs 300, which is the cheapest in the country.”

The department expects more than 70 lakh vehicles to use the high security number plates once they are implemented.

The HSRP consists of a number of parts: a hologram with chakra image, a self destructive sticker with the engine, chassis number, unique serial number/code etched with laser on each HSRP, ‘India’ scripted with hot stamping foil and a nonremovable and non-reusable snap lock. The plates will be embossed with a seven digit code, and marked with the registration details of the car, thereby ‘personalizing’ the number plates.

Source: TOI, New Delhi - Page 5
Old 31st August 2011, 21:45   #370
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subrat Seet View Post
Where to get these number plates in Mumbai. Any dealer or need to order from UTSAV directly.

Little confusion on this:
1. Highsensitive number plate
2. Antitheft

Which one to go for?
Its actually "High Security Number Plate" - HSNP. But its not available for Maharashtra yet as the Govt. is yet to approve it.

Anti-theft is where the bolts are break away i.e. heads break away when tightened thereby preventing theft.

To answer your question - you can get ones similar to the ones UTSAV sells from any number plate maker. The only thing you would then need are the break away bolts - which I think can be done away with. Who would want to steal number plates?
Old 14th September 2011, 19:57   #371
BHPian

New Number Plates?

On my way to work this morning I noticed a brand new car with a very different and clean looking plate. I didn't pay much attention since most people in bangalore have different looking plates.

What struck me as odd was when another brand new car passed by with similar plates. This got me thinking as I remember the dealer I bought my car from asking me to retain the complimentary plates when I told him I will be getting the high security plates. His reason was that new registration plates are being introduced.

I searched the forum but could not find this being discussed in particular and I would like to know more. If a thread exists, please merge my post there.

Here's what the plate resembled. But the numbers were towards the right end instead of being spread across the plate. And the font was not this bold. But looked real classy.
Attached Thumbnails
High security registration plates (HSRP) in India-standardnumberplates.jpg  

Old 24th September 2011, 14:56   #372
Senior - BHPian

so another state joins the list of HSRP. Govt. of Tamilnadu has called for tenders for the issue of High security number plates.
Source: dinamalar.com
Old 26th September 2011, 15:35   #373
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: New Number Plates?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassem View Post
On my way to work this morning I noticed a brand new car with a very different and clean looking plate. I didn't pay much attention since most people in bangalore have different looking plates.

What struck me as odd was when another brand new car passed by with similar plates. This got me thinking as I remember the dealer I bought my car from asking me to retain the complimentary plates when I told him I will be getting the high security plates. His reason was that new registration plates are being introduced.

I searched the forum but could not find this being discussed in particular and I would like to know more. If a thread exists, please merge my post there.

Here's what the plate resembled. But the numbers were towards the right end instead of being spread across the plate. And the font was not this bold. But looked real classy.

Yes,even i am seeing such plates on new as well as old cars since past 2 weeks in bangalore. I was wondering what was this all about.I somehow feel the previous plates to be more elegant and are easy to read.These plates look flashy to me
Old 26th September 2011, 16:20   #374
BHPian

Re: New Number Plates?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
.These plates look flashy to me
Hey the googled image was far from the one I saw. Somehow we see something and remember something completely different. I've been seeing more and more of these plates lately and they look like the image below. I drew this from memory and its 90% accurate. I don't know if I've missed any small logos or other details. But I love these and don't think they're flashy at all!
Attached Thumbnails
High security registration plates (HSRP) in India-plates.jpg  

Last edited by Tassem : 26th September 2011 at 16:21.
Old 17th October 2011, 17:22   #375
Senior - BHPian

It's official. Smart number plates that were being sold by Utsav are now history. They have withdrawn their dealerships across India. I guess they are gearing up for HSRP implementation now (supposed to come in force from Dec 2011).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks