Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st March 2012, 17:07   #406
J.Ravi

re: High security registration plates (HSRP) in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssh1979 View Post
You mean the HSRPs, the government authorised (to be supplied by RTOs) can be directly procured from the govt. approved manufacturer?
What I and black12rr procured were embossed smart plates with IND imprinted and Ashoka chakra hologram affixed. But, they are not HSRP, which is yet to be implemented in Karnataka.
  (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2012, 17:36   #407
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssh1979 View Post
^^ Am not sure I follow. You mean the HSRPs, the government authorised (to be supplied by RTOs) can be directly procured from the govt. approved manufacturer?
I donot think the HSRP is not yet available in KA. What is available is only the similar looking number plates. Security features are not present, and they are not from RTO. Check the picture of advt which I took sometime back at a number plate dealer. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post2665988
sriturl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2012, 21:45   #408
BHPian

I hit a dog today(stupid dog was running all over da highway) :( and now the HSRP is damaged..that is twisted and out of place. Would take to a local garage tomorrow to se if its amendable.

However if its not,
i>what is the process to get a new HSRP(WB registered,its mandatory in Kolkata).
ii> Can i get only the front number plate as its the one that is damaged.
iii> It looks like if the number plate can be dismounted and hammered it would be back in shape,but the one time usable snap locks comes into concern now. Can only the snap locks be changed?
Old 24th April 2012, 14:41   #409
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saion666 View Post
I hit a dog today(stupid dog was running all over da highway) :( and now the HSRP is damaged..
You hit a dog. With your car.

And what you're moaning about is damage to your number plate.

Wow.
ghostrider is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th April 2012, 15:04   #410
BANNED

Now UP is back to the starting line. There was some litigation about irregularities in the permit to Shimnit Utsch and the rates. The matter is now deferred, till their lordships decide. The State Govt has announced fresh tenders but they cannot be activated till the case is settled or permitted by the HC.
Old 24th April 2012, 15:13   #411
BHPian

Himachal has started the conversion to High security number plates for existing owners and they are moving distt wise . price for car is 349 rs ( number plate but RC converted to smart card ) and rs 249 for bikes.
.sushilkumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2012, 15:53   #412
BHPian

Can anyone please advise the best place in Blore to get these embossed aluminium plates ?

Ordinary ones will do as I guess the high security ones are not available, any information on the best rates also would be appreciated !

I have paid R 900 for a set of 2 plates for my car. Need another set now for they have got damaged.
Old 24th April 2012, 18:48   #413
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
You hit a dog. With your car.

And what you're moaning about is damage to your number plate.

Wow.
The guy hit a dog, and damaged his number plate, and is asking for help in the number plate thread.

Where's the moan? Or are you a dog lover who can still hear the dog? If you are, this the wrong thread to moan about it.

If anyone can help the guy out with his query, please do.

Cheers.
gthang is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th April 2012, 22:41   #414
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirmaljusdoit
Can anyone please advise the best place in Blore to get these embossed aluminium plates ?

Ordinary ones will do as I guess the high security ones are not available, any information on the best rates also would be appreciated !

I have paid R 900 for a set of 2 plates for my car. Need another set now for they have got damaged.
Nirmal, most accessory shops get the embossed ones done these days. You can check Torque or EVO or Hot Tracks.
nileshch is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2012, 22:45   #415
BHPian

i am getting a new enfield cl350 and was thinking of getting a old style front mudguard number plate... would that be possible to be embossed? and since it is not legal anymore... i guess HSRP for that shape is out of question.

Has Maharashtra implemented HSRP as of yet? Thanks in advance guys.
Old 24th April 2012, 23:22   #416
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nileshch View Post
Nirmal, most accessory shops get the embossed ones done these days. You can check Torque or EVO or Hot Tracks.
\
Thanks Nilesh, i did pick it up from Hot Tracks since i stay 5 mins from his place, he charged R 900 for a set of two, thought of trying elsewhere to see if i get a better deal. Seems expensive to me.
Especially after seeing the price in HP above !!

Will give Satya & Pavan a call tomorrow !

Last edited by nirmaljusdoit : 24th April 2012 at 23:23.
Old 24th April 2012, 23:27   #417
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirmaljusdoit View Post
\
Thanks Nilesh, i did pick it up from Hot Tracks since i stay 5 mins from his place, he charged R 900 for a set of two, thought of trying elsewhere to see if i get a better deal. Seems expensive to me.
Especially after seeing the price in HP above !!

The place that makes them is on old airport road between Total Mall and the old HAL airport.

It's called utsav impex. Last time I remember they charged me Rs.800 for a pair.
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2012, 08:47   #418
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639

The place that makes them is on old airport road between Total Mall and the old HAL airport.

It's called utsav impex. Last time I remember they charged me Rs.800 for a pair.
He is the main manufacturer for the plates in Bangalore. Almost all accessories shop get it done from him. It costs the accessories guy 650 to 700 bucks since they are regular customers. One of the workers in a accessories shop told this to me when I prodded him a bit.
Old 25th April 2012, 12:05   #419
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirmaljusdoit View Post
Pavan (Torque) had quoted 750 for a pair when I asked him. And then I realised I had been duped by the car showroom -- they had charged me 1500 for a pair at the time of delivery!
Old 25th April 2012, 15:26   #420
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post

Utsav does not make these plates anymore, AFAIK. They have stopped taking online orders too. IND plates are unavailable, as per Govt. orders, atleast down south. They are to resume after Govt. gives the green signal.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks