Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th April 2012, 15:52   #421
BANNED

re: High security registration plates (HSRP) in India

Whatever you buy on the market will not be legal HSRP's. They must be RTO marked (your RT certificate will also be embossed). There is some etched marking on the reverse and a sticker for the front glass with it.
Old 25th April 2012, 15:55   #422
Senior - BHPian

Well, they are not releasing my RC from Uttaranchal of my new Superb and it will be available only next week bundled along with 'believe it or not' HSRP plates!! Uttaranchal is implementing HSRP as we speak.
Old 28th April 2012, 00:29   #423
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
You hit a dog. With your car.

And what you're moaning about is damage to your number plate.

Wow.
Isn't that what we are supposed to do here at Team-bhp...the moaning for the dog can be reserved for some animal lovers forum? :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by gthang View Post
The guy hit a dog, and damaged his number plate, and is asking for help in the number plate thread.

If anyone can help the guy out with his query, please do.
The number plate is fixed..seems like these HSRPs are very flexible units.Held the number plate with a nose plus covered with a cloth and fixed it(as much possible).

However my questions still remain..eh questions. What to do if only a number plate needs to be changed/unmounted with these self destructive one time use snap locks.
Old 28th April 2012, 08:31   #424
Senior - BHPian

They are issuing this type of Authorisation slip for HSRP -

High security registration plates (HSRP) in India-skoda-superb-rc-authorisation-slip-uk04m-28821.jpg
Old 28th April 2012, 10:46   #425
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nileshch View Post
Pavan (Torque) had quoted 750 for a pair when I asked him. And then I realised I had been duped by the car showroom -- they had charged me 1500 for a pair at the time of delivery!
Same here. My skoda salesman got it done with my new car for a reasonable price of Rs.1550/-.
Old 3rd May 2012, 16:10   #426
BHPian

Guys, unable find an authentic source at Pune to get the High Security Number Plates made for my Vento. I want to get a job done which is legal.

Request Puneites/or anyone who has this information, to share the contact at Pune and approximate cost.
Old 3rd May 2012, 18:26   #427
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniket.tiwari27 View Post
Guys, unable find an authentic source at Pune to get the High Security Number Plates made for my Vento. I want to get a job done which is legal.

Request Puneites/or anyone who has this information, to share the contact at Pune and approximate cost.
No one can give you authentic HSNP in Pune. UTSAV is the only company which manufactures and then provides to RTO. You will get only through RTO. Previosuly they used to sell online but now they stopped.

If you go and check on UTSAV website they clearly mentioned " UTSAV is not marketing High Security Registration Plates (HSRP), in any State where UTSAV does not have contract from the respective State Govt. As HSRP can only be sold and fixed in RTO premises once the State Govt. authorizes to sell HSRP in the respective State"
You can also find their recent project/states where they are working with RTO after state govt. implements this rule.
aditya@pune is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2012, 18:32   #428
Senior - BHPian

So what about Karnataka? Are HSRPs available in Karnataka? I have seen many vehicles with HSRPs in Bangalore. There is nothing on UTSAV website regarding where all in India HSRPs are legally available.
Old 3rd May 2012, 18:46   #429
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
So what about Karnataka? Are HSRPs available in Karnataka? I have seen many vehicles with HSRPs in Bangalore. There is nothing on UTSAV website regarding where all in India HSRPs are legally available.
They are working on 4 diff projects/states i.e Uttarakhand, West Bengal, MP and HP. Please browse their public notice -2011 and 2012. Anywhere except these 4 states its illegal and person found selling will be prosecuted.

Mods: I am replying within 30 minutes but was not able to edit my previous post and quote the next post. If this can be done then consider Please help.
aditya@pune is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2012, 21:18   #430
Senior - BHPian

What's this big hulla bulla about HSRP's as though they make a car 'theft' proof. This just another Govt. sponsored innovative way to make money for some.
Old 4th May 2012, 09:06   #431
BANNED

@DD; I agree. I may add that motorists themselves are to be blamed to a large degree for bringing this on. See the number of cars with plates which are not Black on White (or yellow), with lettering smaller than 65mm with a width of 8mm min.

We see a lot of plates with steel or aluminium bases. Letter sizes and shapes are all over the place.

So this had to come. People forget the plates are for identification and not to show off your fancy/ ingenuity.

They are unable to enforce the law on our neighbourhood plate makers, so HSRPs. I think if plates were proper then the problem would not have come to this.

I can see two issues - i. if you damage the plate then replacement may not be easy, and ii. if for some reason the front windscreen has to be replaced then what happens.

This was first mooted in the days of NDA with Shimnit Utsch the only vendor. There was more than a whiff of scandal, to the Maj Gen put it all on hold. Then the SCI got into the act!!

As for tamper proof - I will say BAH. Even I have a couple of the break off fasteners with me, so I am sure they are no deterrents. Who reads the windscreen sticker?

Last edited by sgiitk : 4th May 2012 at 09:10.
Old 4th May 2012, 11:11   #432
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya@pune View Post
No one can give you authentic HSNP in Pune. UTSAV is the only company which manufactures and then provides to RTO. You will get only through RTO. Previosuly they used to sell online but now they stopped.

If you go and check on UTSAV website they clearly mentioned " UTSAV is not marketing High Security Registration Plates (HSRP), in any State where UTSAV does not have contract from the respective State Govt. As HSRP can only be sold and fixed in RTO premises once the State Govt. authorizes to sell HSRP in the respective State"
You can also find their recent project/states where they are working with RTO after state govt. implements this rule.
I did check their website and when I did not find them supporting this at Pune I posted here to get an alternative

This means, I cannot get an HSRP at Pune and I need to wait till the Pune, RTO starts issuing the same? When I asked the SA from Volkswagen Pune (B.U.Bhandari), he said he can get it done for about INR 1500. Obviously, this would not be the RTO certified, so is there a chance of getting fined? Also, when the Pune RTO mandates the use of same, I will have to replace this and get the new one issued by them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango Dude View Post
What's this big hulla bulla about HSRP's as though they make a car 'theft' proof. This just another Govt. sponsored innovative way to make money for some.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
@DD; I agree. I may add that motorists themselves are to be blamed to a large degree for bringing this on. See the number of cars with plates which are not Black on White (or yellow), with lettering smaller than 65mm with a width of 8mm min.

We see a lot of plates with steel or aluminium bases. Letter sizes and shapes are all over the place.

So this had to come. People forget the plates are for identification and not to show off your fancy/ ingenuity.

They are unable to enforce the law on our neighbourhood plate makers, so HSRPs. I think if plates were proper then the problem would not have come to this.

I can see two issues - i. if you damage the plate then replacement may not be easy, and ii. if for some reason the front windscreen has to be replaced then what happens.

This was first mooted in the days of NDA with Shimnit Utsch the only vendor. There was more than a whiff of scandal, to the Maj Gen put it all on hold. Then the SCI got into the act!!

As for tamper proof - I will say BAH. Even I have a couple of the break off fasteners with me, so I am sure they are no deterrents. Who reads the windscreen sticker?
Moreover, I think this makes only the Number plate tamper proof. The theives can opt to change the entire bumper.

Regards,
Aniket

Last edited by aniket.tiwari27 : 4th May 2012 at 11:16. Reason: Adding reply to another quote.
Old 4th May 2012, 11:29   #433
BANNED

Aniket not even that to remove. These bolts fasten into the normal nuts. So with pliers you should be able to remove them. It is a soft material so can be drilled out very easily.
Old 6th May 2012, 22:06   #434
BHPian

Has anyone installed these plates recently in Bangalore? Please share price information.

Looks like they are targeting middle of June for old vehicles - High-security number plates to be delayed - Times Of India
Old 7th May 2012, 09:53   #435
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
It is available in a lot of places now. I talked to one mechanic near the Cantonment area in Bangalore and he said the plates would cost Rs 1200 for a pair. He says that the plates are made in a single place which nobody knew about and that they were just agents.

But I fail to understand in that case how the lettering size could vary. Yesterday I saw a swift with really small lettering and his plates were HSRP complete with the hologram too! Only his front plate was small, his rear plate was of the standard size. So not sure what or whom to believe here.

Last edited by triedeverything : 7th May 2012 at 09:55.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks