Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 8th February 2020, 20:33   #781
BHPian

Re: High security registration plates (HSRP) in India

The quality of paint used in the plates makes me wonder if we should be putting PPF of them to make them last. When I went for fixing the plates on my XL6 the colours already looks faded and unevenly distributed. When I complained of number plates fading on new cars I was told to refrain from applying any oil on the plates as it would react with the colour and fade away

My 6 years old Ritz with manually painted number plates looks the same after so many years of exposure to the elements which makes me wonder if they are at all following the standards or cutting short by using cheap paint quality.
HornNotOkPlease is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2020, 20:57   #782
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HornNotOkPlease View Post
The quality of paint used in the plates makes me wonder if we should be putting PPF of them to make them last. When I went for fixing the plates on my XL6 the colours already looks faded and unevenly distributed. When I complained of number plates fading on new cars I was told to refrain from applying any oil on the plates as it would react with the colour and fade away

My 6 years old Ritz with manually painted number plates looks the same after so many years of exposure to the elements which makes me wonder if they are at all following the standards or cutting short by using cheap paint quality.
Yes. I noticed the same, in my Oct 2019, Brezza. Some areas are getting faded. The quality seems to be questionable.
smileline is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2020, 20:59   #783
BHPian

Do I have to get HSRP plates for my new car? I really don't like the way they look. I've seen many people putting normal plates on their cars. Can I do the same?
Old 8th February 2020, 21:02   #784
Senior - BHPian

Please note, all the comments noted below pertain to West Bengal

Frankly speaking, there is nothing radical about this and it's high time this was done.
I never understood the concept of the car customer or its representative queuing up at RTO's to get HSRP's fixed. Sheer waste of time and inconvenience caused.

In "pre-HSRP" days when we bought cars and as recently as 2009, the vehicle was always delivered with permanent registration number plates, neatly affixed front and rear.
The smart card or "blue book" as it was known used to be handed over in a week's time, maximum.

Nowadays in West Bengal, one has to pay some ₹1000 extra for some fancy number gimmick. Apparently the running series number takes a "long time" to issue and the fancy number thingy is done in a single day!
Then, in West Bengal at least, you'll have to visit the RTO after a couple of weeks to physically get the HSRP'S fitted to your car. At the time of fixing, the 3rd party service provider's representative's who are fitting the plates will sidle up to you and start whining about how tough a job they are doing and ask for tips: they expect the tips to be commensurate with the snob appeal that the new car make and model commands, (mind you this is even after you have officially paid via receipt ₹400 odd for the plates).

Glad to see that this thing will - hopefully - see the end of day. Fingers crossed!
Old 9th February 2020, 10:42   #785
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by evoker View Post
Do I have to get HSRP plates for my new car? I really don't like the way they look. I've seen many people putting normal plates on their cars. Can I do the same?
Yes you can. I have kept the HSRP plates aside that I got from the RTO and put regular ones until they make it mandatory for all old and new cars. I think that is going to be a while away still.
Old 9th February 2020, 14:20   #786
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by evoker View Post
My NEXA dealer in Delhi didn't agree to deliver the car until he got the plates from RTO. He said its absolutely essential to have the HSRP plates for new cars.

I bought my last car, couple of years ago, 2nd hand from Hyundai dealer who was happy to give me "new" plates which were basically while plastic with letters in black tape.

But here's the fun bit, I have been stopped by traffic cops in both my new car and multiple times in my old one. No one has ever bothered with the plate. One time, in my old car, my plate was half dangling when I was stopped (hit a small bump earlier, whoops) but still no questions lol.

Last edited by Driving80kph : 9th February 2020 at 14:21.
Old 24th September 2020, 15:31   #787
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abeer View Post
Has this been launched for Noida registered cars?
Yes. For Uttar Pradesh and Delhi, the website is common.
Visit bookmyhsrp.com and pay online, select your nearest dealer and slot. You also need to upload id proof and RC along with other details.
The charge for Noida HSRP is Rs 666. I have booked it today and will wait till my slotted time.
Old 24th September 2020, 17:08   #788
BHPian

There has been a notification by the Delhi Government regarding affixing the HSRP plates alongwith the color coded stickers.
Cars which have HSRP plates but not the color coded stickers need to get the stickers printed and placed on the windshield again. AFAIK all cars before April 2019 had non colored stickers. Mine is a 2017 car and has a transparent sticker.

Dealer through which I got my car has heard about this notice but has no idea about it being applicable in Haryana for now.

The last date has been kept as 31st October.
Now, does this apply only for cars registered in Delhi or cars which come to delhi from neighbouring cities as well?
Agarwal_Aayush is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th September 2020, 11:13   #789
Senior - BHPian

I just booked a slot online for my K10 on 30th September. I paid online. I will let you know the experience once I have got the plates.
Old 25th September 2020, 11:39   #790
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agarwal_Aayush View Post
The last date has been kept as 31st October.
Now, does this apply only for cars registered in Delhi or cars which come to delhi from neighbouring cities as well?
Hi Ayush, I have an HR number car and had got the HSRP from Gurgaon about 18 months back. At that time, I was not issued any sticker. When I read this news, I went back to the same place and got the sticker done within 2 mins and paid Rs 50 cash (without receipt).

The stickers are a combination of a transparent sticker (that you already have) and a separate background sticker which is colored according to the fuel used. Since you already have the former, you can get the background sticker and be compliant.

This is the place - https://www.google.com/maps/place/Li...5!4d77.0254046
Eddy is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 25th September 2020, 11:44   #791
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
The stickers are a combination of a transparent sticker (that you already have) and a separate background sticker which is colored according to the fuel used. Since you already have the former, you can get the background sticker and be compliant.

This is of great help, thank you so much. Shall plan for this in the coming week.
Old 25th September 2020, 19:42   #792
Senior - BHPian

My car is a Delhi registered Chevrolet and is not listed with https://bookmyhsrp.com/Index.aspx Anyone faced similar issue?
Old 25th September 2020, 20:23   #793
BHPian

Dear all,
I am in possession of a car regd in 2008, and all news articles and feeds are unclear about the fact if I require an HSRP or not? I request the experts to please comment. I will be driving in Delhi NCR.
Old 26th September 2020, 15:39   #794
BHPian

The new HSRP regulation seems a bit vague in how to go about it. I live in Gurgaon and I have a WB registered car which has the HSRP plate but without the colour-coded sticker. Now for me to go to Bengal to get one sticker makes no sense to me.

Quote:

I'd like to know if I could just get the sticker from here and get this thing finished.
Old 26th September 2020, 17:24   #795
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
18 Hi Ayush, I have an HR number car and had got the HSRP from Gurgaon about months back.
Can I make a HSRP for my 2010 Chevrolet Beat from them? The car is registered with Delhi RTO. The Ford showroom guys are asking Rs.2500/-

Cheers!

Most Viewed