Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th September 2020, 17:23   #811
BHPian

Re: High security registration plates (HSRP) in India

When I picked up the Vento in August, I was provided the HSRP alongside a transparent sticker for a UP-16 registered vehicle (dealer was VW Rajdhani in Delhi). Didn't ask them back then because I was not aware of this requirement. If I understand this correctly, I will now have to reach back out to the dealer and ask them to provide the colored component of this sticker. Is anyone on the forum aware if that is all that will be required?
Old 28th September 2020, 18:44   #812
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agarwal_Aayush View Post
Try following link this should work for you: https://bookmyhsrp.com/StickerOrderBooking.aspx
Thank you for this link. I am able to initiate the process for the sticker but for some strange reason cannot complete it as at the last step I am getting this message -- "HSRP fitment not found. Kindly get HSRP fitted" despite having the HSRP plates.

I visited the Magic Auto Maruti ASS today and even they don't have any idea. They asked me to wait and try after a few days. Guess I have no other option. .

Anyone else facing this problem?

High security registration plates (HSRP) in India-untitled.png

Last edited by captain.torque : 28th September 2020 at 18:46.
Old 28th September 2020, 20:08   #813
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain.torque View Post
"HSRP fitment not found. Kindly get HSRP fitted" despite having the HSRP plates.
I have not come across anyone known to me to face this issue. Is there some kind of information that needs to be uploaded by the A$$ people when they fit the plates on a car?

Quote:
I visited the Magic Auto Maruti ASS today and even they don't have any idea. They asked me to wait and try after a few days. Guess I have no other option.
This is the same problem I am facing right now, the MASS guys don't have any info on this. I am waiting this week may be they will have a better information next week
Old 28th September 2020, 22:40   #814
BHPian

What exactly we have to fill in front laser and rear laser?
Old 28th September 2020, 23:03   #815
BHPian

High security registration plates (HSRP) in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by keralshobhit View Post
What exactly we have to fill in front laser and rear laser?
You will have to fill the laser engraved numbers on your existing HSRP plates.

Though you may try filling in the front / rear numbers as both are different and are recorded in the data base of Vahan. The rear hsrp number is also mentioned on my UP16 (NOIDA) registration paper for Seltos.

Adding pic
Attached Thumbnails
High security registration plates (HSRP) in India-e1d981bec9fe434d8d42c885dbb8db20.jpeg  

Last edited by car_crazy1400 : 28th September 2020 at 23:11.
car_crazy1400 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2020, 16:37   #816
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
I went back to the same place and got the sticker done within 2 mins and paid Rs 50 cash (without receipt).... This is the place - https://www.google.com/maps/place/Li...5!4d77.0254046
I bought new vehicle in the end of 2017 and HSRP was fitted by dealership. I didn't receive any sticker. Want to confirm procedure for getting both stickers.

If you have contact number please PM me. Also, is this place open on Saturdays ?
Old 29th September 2020, 23:10   #817
BHPian

High security registration plates (HSRP) in India-img_20200929_18173601.jpeg

So, I got the HSRPs and the windshield sticker installed on my 2009 city today.

The overall experience was just average courtesy the dealership -- 'Courtesy Honda'.

So, I made the booking on September 23 and chose September 29 -- 2 to 4 pm as the date and time for getting the plates installed.

I called the dealership at around 1 pm today to know the status of my booking and the operator told me to call after 2 as the plates would be arriving between 2 to 4 pm which is the slot I chose.

Now, I do not know if this is true but if it is the case, then it's quite idiotic because the idea behind taking an "appointment" is to ensure that the job is completed within the selected time slot.

Anyway, I call them up again at 2.30 and they now tell me to call at 4 since the plates have still not arrived. I call again at 4 and am told to wait for 15 more minutes as they are sorting the plates.

At 4.30 pm, I make another call and the guy at the other end tells me to come tomorrow as they have 170 plates and cannot find mine. Moreover, the dealership would close at 7 pm.

I was livid as I had taken a leave from work today to get this job done. So, I tell him that I am coming down to the dealership and will find my plate on my own.

Guess, he was not expecting this and asked me to call again after half an hour. Finally at 5 pm, I am told*that the plates are ready.

A key takeaway here for those who have yet to book an appointment is to choose morning slots because in case there is a delay in the arrival of plates, you will have buffer time to get the job done as the dealerships will try to postpone the work to the next day.

I rushed to the dealership which is around 20 kms away from my residence as it was the only Honda Authorised dealership carrying out the fitments in Delhi when I made the booking on September 23 and the other option was Samara Hyundai in Janakpuri which too is 14 kms away from my place. Maybe, more Honda*dealers have been added since I booked.*

So, I reached Courtesy Honda at sharp 5.45 pm and gave them a printout of the receipt which I had got at the time of booking and was asked to wait.

They did not ask for the RC or license or any address proof of the owner which anyway would not have been an issue in my case as the car is registered in my name.

After 15 minutes, the receptionist came with the plates and asked me to verify the number on them as well as the sticker.

The fitting took another 10 minutes and I was on my way after spending around half an hour at the dealership.

About the plates:

While there's nothing new about them, the quality of printing is abysmal just like before. In 2016, I had purchased Brezza which came with HSR plates and within a year, the black paint on the embossed letters and alphabets faded and chipped away. I had to get vinyl stickers pasted on them to avoid getting a challan as the number was just not clearly visible.

Unfortunately, there is no improvement in the quality of printing four years later. Have al look at this photo. This plate is as new as it can get and look at the left border and the letter D.

High security registration plates (HSRP) in India-1601400916893.jpg

About the sticker:

There are 2 stickers in total, one is the main sticker with the car number, front and rear laser serial numbers and date of registration printed on it. This was pasted first and a plain blue square piece of sticker was put on at its back to add protection and denote the car's fuel type. (Blue for petrol, orange for diesel).

High security registration plates (HSRP) in India-sticker.jpeg

P.S. Before the installation, I*asked the guy deputed for the job if the dealership could provide new*frames as my older ones were broken. He went inside and got 2 different sets priced at Rs 250 and Rs 400 each. I chose the expensive ones as the quality was superior. He went inside to return the cheaper ones and seconds later I too went inside. As I entered, I saw him pointing towards the frames that I had chosen and telling his senior (inventory guy, I suppose) that the customer wants this one. His senior with a bewildered look said, "Lekin woh toh bohot puraani gaadi hain" (But it's a very old car) referring to my City and implying why was I spending 400 bucks on a pair of*frames for*such*an old car in addition to the money spect on HSRPs. As he saw me, he gave a sheepish smile and went inside his cabin to prepare the bill. Guess, the average Joe cannot comprehend the love we BHPians have for our cars.*
captain.torque is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th September 2020, 11:39   #818
Senior - BHPian

I just got my plates installed
Booked on 24th for 30th, 10-12 AM
Reached by 1045
There were a few vehicles, so it took 15m more.
The actual fixing of plates and sticker is a 2m job
Out by 1115
Old 30th September 2020, 11:44   #819
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoNoob View Post
I bought new vehicle in the end of 2017 and HSRP was fitted by dealership. I didn't receive any sticker. Want to confirm procedure for getting both stickers.

If you have contact number please PM me. Also, is this place open on Saturdays ?
This is the number listed online 1800 270 2709 but nobody picked up my calls. Maybe you will have better luck.

I went on weekdays, so I am not sure if they operate on Saturdays. Sorry.

Edit: Some more numbers listed here

http://hsrphr.com/contact.htm

Last edited by Eddy : 30th September 2020 at 11:46.
Eddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2020, 17:15   #820
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you for this link. I am able to initiate the process for the sticker but for some strange reason cannot complete it as at the last step I am getting this message -- "HSRP fitment not found. Kindly get HSRP fitted" despite having the HSRP plates.

<snip>

Anyone else facing this problem?
Same issue here. My car is a 2012 model Honda City and it was fitted with HSRP. The laser numbers that i am entering seem to be valid as otherwise the validation fails when i submit the page with different data. I also tried to interchange the front and rear laser as the 2 plates are identical on my car.

Did you get a solution for this problem?

I suppose if this continues for long, I would need to end up with a new pair of HSRP plates..
Old 30th September 2020, 18:24   #821
BHPian

Hi Guys,

I have two Delhi registered vehicles and I live in a neighbouring city Faridabad which falls under Haryana state. So do I have to book the plates through a Delhi dealer only or I can book through a Haryana dealer too ?
Old 30th September 2020, 19:20   #822
BHPian

Today I went to the dealership as per my appointment booked on 24th September 2020.

The person there told me, they have not received the plates yet and have no clue by when will it come as he said the courier takes time to deliver.

To my question of why the appointment system exits, he had no answer, finally he noted down my contact no and told me that he will call once the plates arrive.

To everyone out here thinking that the appointment means it will be installed, please do call up the dealership and enquire the status of plates before visiting.

The online status still shows processing and the customer care numbers keep saying its busy and when it rings no one picks up the phone.

Dealer Name: Magic Auto, Sector 9 Metro Station, Dwarka
nidhin0816 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2020, 20:30   #823
BHPian

I got HSRP installed in 3 cars today. First the Fortuner in NOIDA at Spirited Toyota sector 8 .

There were 5 cars in waiting at 10:30 am, plus the showroom people were busy with putting up banners and all for Brezza (Sorry, Urban Cruiser). Took about half hour to get the plates installed. Got them installed with the plastic frames, which my car already had.

Sent Alto with my office guy to Delhi, Gazipur. Took him 45 mins due to the rush at Maruti Dealership (Magic Auto). The installer there wanted 500 plus tax plus 100 for installing the plastic frames. Refused.

Then got to T&T Motors, Mathura Road for new plates for my GL. They were super slow and least interested in doing any thing. Took them half hour to locate the person responsible for my plates. Then a guy came, gave me the plates, and sticker and just left. I was fuming. Found a sales advisor , who called up a guy to get my plates fixed. a 5 min job took 1.5 hrs.

However, all done .
Old 1st October 2020, 08:52   #824
Distinguished - BHPian

I needed to apply for the sticker for my car. It came with HSRPs when I bought it. The OEM list on the website does not have BMW! What to do now?

For my other car, it sports both HSRP and the RTO transparent sticker on the windshield which mentions the relevant car details. But there is no colour sticker. So how to procure just the colour sticker?

Last edited by drmohitg : 1st October 2020 at 08:54.
Old 1st October 2020, 10:00   #825
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
About the sticker:

There are 2 stickers in total, one is the main sticker with the car number, front and rear laser serial numbers and date of registration printed on it. This was pasted first and a plain blue square piece of sticker was put on at its back to add protection and denote the car's fuel type. (Blue for petrol, orange for diesel).
My car came with this transparent sticker. Do I still need to apply for a new sticker all together or would they simply sell me the general colour sticker to stick on top of this? And do I still need to apply for this or it would be a simple walk in purchase since the colour sticker doesn't seem to carry any details of the car.
Attached Thumbnails
High security registration plates (HSRP) in India-thumbnail.jpeg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks