Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 16th December 2020, 13:19   #901
BHPian

Re: High security registration plates (HSRP) in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharninder View Post
The Link Utsav office in Gurgaon is pretty easy to get to. Just be there early in the morning when they open (9.30am).
May I request you share the google map link for the Gurgaon location? Not able to find it.

Is it the same as this one from the list for HR 26:
SDM-1,GROUND -FLOOR,MINI SECRETARIAT,NH-8,GURGAON,HARYANA-122001

And what did it cost you?

Thanks.
Old 16th December 2020, 13:25   #902
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaced Out View Post
May I request you share the google map link for the Gurgaon location? Not able to find it.

Is it the same as this one from the list for HR 26:
SDM-1,GROUND -FLOOR,MINI SECRETARIAT,NH-8,GURGAON,HARYANA-122001

And what did it cost you?

Thanks.
This is the location https://www.google.com/maps/place/Li...4!4d77.0253998
sharninder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2020, 14:24   #903
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1lives4ever

In Delhi, Vehicles without HSRP, colour-coded stickers to be fined ₹5,500 from today (15th Dec 2020) https://www.livemint.com/news/india/...006710678.html

I still can’t get the bookmyhsrp.com site to accept my cars registration details. It continues to ask me to update details from the registration certificate. Have checked 10s of times now.

Delhi has huge traffic police presence on the roads these days. So everyone without these stickers Or number plates be very careful when driving around Delhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by satyamkaushik View Post
Hi folks,

Was trying to book an appointment for installation of HSRPs and color stickers for my cars today on bookmyhsrp.com. I was successful in booking an appointment for my Toyota Camry and Honda City, however I faced an error saying "Kindly update details from your registration certificate", while booking the appointment for my Corolla Altis and Innova Crysta.

Attachment 2093663

Please note that both the cars are of the same manufacturing year, were purchased from the same dealership and are registered under the same series i.e. DL 3CCE.

I have also verified the details mentioned on the RC with the details reflecting on the mParivahan app.

Has anyone faced a similar issue while making the booking ?

Also, is there any other alternative method of booking the appointment ?
Please enter only the LAST FOUR/FIVE DIGITS of the Chassis & Engine numbers if this error shows up on the HSRP website form.

EDIT - (can't recall if it's 4 or 5 digits because I registered mine a while back, got the same error on entering the full numbers but partial numbers worked)

Last edited by Puneet.S : 16th December 2020 at 14:33.
Old 16th December 2020, 15:23   #904
Senior - BHPian

Folks, I just bought a scooter (Activa 125), the HSRP plates are supposedly reaching me in a weeks time from the dealer.

As per online videos, it seems there is a tool required to fix them on the brackets (front and rear) which are already provided on my scooter. Can these plates be fixed DIY? How do I go about doing this?

Ideas/help appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers
Old 16th December 2020, 15:26   #905
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
Folks, I just bought a scooter (Activa 125), the HSRP plates are supposedly reaching me in a weeks time from the dealer.

As per online videos, it seems there is a tool required to fix them on the brackets (front and rear) which are already provided on my scooter. Can these plates be fixed DIY? How do I go about doing this?

Ideas/help appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers
The tool if I am correct, snaps of the screw head after the plate is screwed in so the plate cannot be removed after. That is a specific tool and I don't think it can be done with some other tools.
This is how it is in 4 wheelers and I am guessing it is the same with two wheelers too.
tharian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2020, 18:09   #906
Senior - BHPian

Any idea how the receipt looks like for Delhi, generated on the bookmyhsrp website?

I registered and I have my order no etc but when I click on download receipt, it says " Receipt not generated".

I've taken a screenshot of the receipt and appointment page but the site is very buggy.

They ought to have got the website in order before going for fine implementation.
coolkurt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2020, 18:27   #907
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satyamkaushik View Post
Hi folks,

Was trying to book an appointment for installation of HSRPs and color stickers for my cars today on bookmyhsrp.com. I was successful in booking an appointment for my Toyota Camry and Honda City, however I faced an error saying "Kindly update details from your registration certificate", while booking the appointment for my Corolla Altis and Innova Crysta.

Attachment 2093663

Please note that both the cars are of the same manufacturing year, were purchased from the same dealership and are registered under the same series i.e. DL 3CCE.

I have also verified the details mentioned on the RC with the details reflecting on the mParivahan app.

Has anyone faced a similar issue while making the booking ?

Also, is there any other alternative method of booking the appointment ?
Kindly use the last 5 digits of the engine and chassis no.
I don't think you'll face the same issue then.
aditya_911 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2020, 09:29   #908
BHPian

I have a UP registered car which I bought when I resided in Noida but now I have shifted to Delhi. Can I order the HSRP directly to the Delhi dealer and get it fitted there?
Old 17th December 2020, 13:41   #909
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (9)

The news floating around the last few days is confusing - while initially I read the news that this only applies around Delhi area, now many news articles are omitting the scope and the articles make it sound like this is mandatory all over India.

What is the reality?
Ragul is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th December 2020, 14:39   #910
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitin_vish View Post
I have a UP registered car which I bought when I resided in Noida but now I have shifted to Delhi. Can I order the HSRP directly to the Delhi dealer and get it fitted there?
It is the other way around for me. The site bookmyhsrp was giving me an error when I entered DL registration number and home delivery at Noida Pincode. Ultimately I had to opt for a dealer in Okhla which is nearest to my place.

You can probably use a home delivery option and give someone's address in Noida. Else take a Noida based car dealer to avoid any hassle.
Old 17th December 2020, 14:50   #911
BHPian

I am unable to book a slot for home delivery for the colour coded sticker it does not show me time slots and becomes unresponsive after a while any workarounds to this?
Old 17th December 2020, 15:01   #912
BHPian

Can we use normal screws?

The plates have reached but there are no special screws with them the dealership is saying they can use normal screws.
Old 17th December 2020, 15:22   #913
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShankarG View Post
It is the other way around for me. The site bookmyhsrp was giving me an error when I entered DL registration number and home delivery at Noida Pincode. Ultimately I had to opt for a dealer in Okhla which is nearest to my place.

You can probably use a home delivery option and give someone's address in Noida. Else take a Noida based car dealer to avoid any hassle.
Here is what I tried and seems to be accepted to online system. I chose Delhi in initial steps but gave registration plate number starting with UPxxxxxxx . The system does not verify that one has chosen a different state as compared to registration. I could then choose a dealer for installation around my PIN code. However, I did not place the order but wrote email to HSRP since I do not want dealer to throw tantrums at last stage.
Old 17th December 2020, 16:28   #914
BHPian

What an unnecessary mess!
Any idea what users of Mitsubishi vehicles are expected to do? The bookmyhsrp website doesn't list Mitsubishi as a provider, and the service centre doesn't know what to do either.
Old 17th December 2020, 21:39   #915
BHPian

High security registration plates (HSRP) in India-screenshot-20201217-21.35.55.png

Either there is an issue in the system or Rosemerta is even busier than even some of the top surgeons in the country that they cannot not even provide a home-delivery appointment even 4 months from now

Completely fed-up of this vendor and its website.

Last edited by sv97 : 17th December 2020 at 21:42.
sv97 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed