Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th December 2020, 21:47   #916
BHPian

Re: High security registration plates (HSRP) in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by sv97 View Post
Attachment 2094228

Either there is an issue in the system or Rosemerta is even busier than even some of the top surgeons in the country that they cannot not even provide a home-delivery appointment even 4 months from now

Completely fed-up of this vendor and its website.
I registered for one of my cars today. Got appointment date for 1st week of March.
yogiii is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2020, 22:10   #917
BHPian

Any idea if and when this rule will apply to non-Delhi non-UP cars that are driven in Delhi?
Old 17th December 2020, 22:19   #918
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satyamkaushik View Post
Hi folks,

Attachment 2093663
Has anyone faced a similar issue while making the booking ?

Also, is there any other alternative method of booking the appointment ?
I am facing the same issue for my 2012 Honda city that came with a hsrp. I am unable to order a fuel type sticker for my car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puneet.S View Post
Please enter only the LAST FOUR/FIVE DIGITS of the Chassis & Engine numbers if this error shows up on the HSRP website form.

EDIT - (can't recall if it's 4 or 5 digits because I registered mine a while back, got the same error on entering the full numbers but partial numbers worked)
Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya_911 View Post
Kindly use the last 5 digits of the engine and chassis no.
I don't think you'll face the same issue then.
Tried with various digit lengths. Still continue to face the issue.

Can someone give details of how many digits worked and what was the make of the vehicle :-?
no1lives4ever is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2020, 00:30   #919
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogiii View Post
I registered for one of my cars today. Got appointment date for 1st week of March.
I faced the same and choose the home delivery option. It costed me Rs 260 more but i have a guy coming to my home to fix it within a week.
Elito11 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2020, 17:13   #920

Guys, I own a Chevrolet Spark car which is registered in KR Puram, Bangalore. I brought the car to Noida in 2017 after obtaining NOC from KR Puram for Meerut RTO (My hometown). But, i never got it transferred due to multiple reasons (Not quoting the reasons here, as it is out of scope of this thread!)

Will "NOC status" be an obstacle for me to obtain HSRP for my car ? Car is 2009 registered. Kindly Guide me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Nobody View Post
Go to "Link utsav" near rajiv chowk and get them made. Costs 700 odd rupees.
Can they make for KA registered car as well ? Any contact number ?

Mod Note : Please use the EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by Sheel : 18th December 2020 at 17:40. Reason: Mod note attached.
Old 18th December 2020, 17:29   #921
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankur_shar View Post
Guys, I own a Chevrolet Spark car which is registered in KR Puram, Bangalore. I brought the car to Noida in 2017 after obtaining NOC from KR Puram for Meerut RTO (My hometown). But, i never got it transferred due to multiple reasons (Not quoting the reasons here, as it is out of scope of this thread!)

Will "NOC status" be an obstacle for me to obtain HSRP for my car ? Car is 2009 registered. Kindly Guide me
From what I remember when I transferred my vehicle across states, the officer in NOC issuing RTO told me to get the vehicle transferred within a year else NOC will be void.

You may check status of your vehicle on VAHAN database [Link]

Quote:
Can they make for KA registered car as well ? Any contact number ?
No.

Last edited by AutoNoob : 18th December 2020 at 17:39. Reason: adding reply to another post
AutoNoob is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2020, 17:34   #922

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoNoob View Post
From what I remember when I transferred my vehicle across states, the officer in NOC issuing RTO told me to get the vehicle transferred within a year else NOC will be void.
High security registration plates (HSRP) in India-capture.jpg

Vahan shows NOC still applicable. I was also surprised when I was told that NOC does not expire !

Last edited by BlackPearl : 18th December 2020 at 17:42. Reason: Broken quotes. Thanks.
Old 18th December 2020, 18:27   #923
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Attachment 2094498

Vahan shows NOC still applicable. I was also surprised when I was told that NOC does not expire !
This is new info for me as well, thanks for sharing.

Given the remaining life of vehicle, transfer of registration to Meerut or any other place is not worthwhile as RTO will ask for full 15yr road-tax again. Ideally they shouldn't, but they do

So, now your only recourse remains to contact some friend in Bangalore and check the process to apply for cancellation of NOC at KR Puram RTO. And then apply for this HSRP + sticker there (in Bangalore).

BHPians may also provide guidance for this.

PS : When I transferred my vehicle, it was already 4.5 yr old. The new RTO charged full road tax and gave registration for next 15 years. As I am planning to keep the vehicle as beater car till it gives up mechanically, this turned out good for me.
AutoNoob is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2020, 23:35   #924
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sv97 View Post
Either there is an issue in the system or Rosemerta is even busier than even some of the top surgeons in the country that they cannot not even provide a home-delivery appointment even 4 months from now

Dear members, this is for all those who have been struggling to get an appointment date due to the horribly slow and laggy BookmyHSRP website :

After struggling (and failing) to book a home-delivery appointment (colour coded sticker for my Ciaz) the whole day today, I tried my luck again a while ago and Voila! The website was working and showed availability of slots in January 2021 (it earlier showed no slots available even till even 2025 ).

High security registration plates (HSRP) in India-.png

I quickly selected a slot for 16th January (Saturday) and paid the fee. This was probably the quickest online transaction I have ever done in my life as I was scared of the website crashing again!

High security registration plates (HSRP) in India-8c5360e775fb4fac9c28e16c9746f899.jpg

I hope this information is useful for Delhi-NCR Bhpians who are struggling to book an appointment slot for their HSRP/Colour coded stickers after the sudden reinforcement of the HSRP rule.

Last edited by kunalsingh : 18th December 2020 at 23:46.
kunalsingh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2020, 23:47   #925
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanddd View Post
Any idea if and when this rule will apply to non-Delhi non-UP cars that are driven in Delhi?
I had the same question for my HR26. Still trying for an official document stating the same but here is what Delhi Traffic Police is saying on Twitter.

http://twitter.com/TransportDelhi/st...52252740141057
Attached Thumbnails
High security registration plates (HSRP) in India-0567e48ba7344c3985a0bf63570369bc.png  

Old 19th December 2020, 03:15   #926
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaced Out View Post
I had the same question for my HR26.

Wanted to check if colour coded stickers are available for HR26 registered vehicles. The bookmyHSRP only gives option for DL and UP registered vehicles. I do have HSRP plates but wanted to be sure if colour coded stickers are available and if I am missing on how to get it.
Old 19th December 2020, 08:07   #927
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbpanda View Post
Wanted to check if colour coded stickers are available for HR26 registered vehicles. The bookmyHSRP only gives option for DL and UP registered vehicles. I do have HSRP plates but wanted to be sure if colour coded stickers are available and if I am missing on how to get it.

Go to Link Utsav mentioned in the thread above and you can get the stickers there.
sharninder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2020, 13:02   #928
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elito11 View Post
I faced the same and choose the home delivery option. It costed me Rs 260 more but i have a guy coming to my home to fix it within a week.
HSRP fixed! Advise to all the folks in Delhi-NCR. If you are in hurry, chose the home delivery option (250 odd rs extra) at bookmthsrp and you will get them in a week! Plus the convenience.

The guy who comes to fix it also carries a number plate safety frame. Its a black plastic frame that attaches to all sides of the number plate and will save it from bends and folds that quite common to such metal plates. Mine started at Rs 350 but I bargained it down to 250. I am sure you can get one at your local car accessory shop for 150-200 bucks. Worth it IMO. Thanks!
Elito11 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2020, 14:08   #929
Senior - BHPian

This is a royal mess.

One of my cars is UP registered and it already got HSRP plates. Since a week I am trying to book Color coded fuel stickers but it is just not happening. I have tried all combinations.

I have even wrote a mail to Bookmyhsrp, though I an sure that won't be able to revert.
BANDHAV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2020, 14:24   #930
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1lives4ever View Post
I am facing the same issue for my 2012 Honda city that came with a hsrp. I am unable to order a fuel type sticker for my car.

Tried with various digit lengths. Still continue to face the issue.

Can someone give details of how many digits worked and what was the make of the vehicle :-?
Hi, I also had this exact same problem for my 2016 Honda City when I tried it yesterday and even prior to that. However, I just tried it today by entering the chassis number in FULL while the engine number was entered by skipping the first two characters (try variable characters if this does not work)

I was able to book the sticker (only) to be home delivered at a date in early Feb for Rs 260.
tanayr is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks