Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th December 2020, 15:29   #931
BHPian

Re: High security registration plates (HSRP) in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANDHAV View Post
This is a royal mess.

One of my cars is UP registered and it already got HSRP plates. Since a week I am trying to book Color coded fuel stickers but it is just not happening. I have tried all combinations.

I have even wrote a mail to Bookmyhsrp, though I an sure that won't be able to revert.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tanayr View Post
Hi, I also had this exact same problem for my 2016 Honda City when I tried it yesterday and even prior to that. However, I just tried it today by entering the chassis number in FULL while the engine number was entered by skipping the first two characters (try variable characters if this does not work)

I was able to book the sticker (only) to be home delivered at a date in early Feb for Rs 260.

I tried a huge number of combinations of the engine number and chassis number last digits. The only remaining thing now is to do a brute force search for all possible combinations. I will try that later tonight to not put load during working hours. Will report with my results tomorrow.
no1lives4ever is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th December 2020, 18:24   #932
BHPian

I live in Delhi and have a UP Ghaziabad registered Etios. There is no delivery option on bookmyhsrp. When I try to choose a dealer option all nearby UP areas, Noida, Sahibabad and Ghaziabad are showing as date and time slot not available.

The nearest place where it is available is Meerut which is 3 hours drive away, will be difficult for me to go just for a number plate. But I was planning on at least having a receipt as is required if there is checking but now I am in a fix and don't know what to do.

My question is whether I should then choose the Meerut option now just so that I have a receipt with me, or is there any other solution?
Old 19th December 2020, 22:56   #933
Senior - BHPian

HSRP: Website hacked, chaos rules.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...w/79770815.cms

Just wonder if this is the reason why many are facing issues mentioned in the aforesaid posts.
Attached Thumbnails
High security registration plates (HSRP) in India-screenshot_20201219225412_inshorts.jpg  

Last edited by Bibendum90949 : 19th December 2020 at 23:01.
Bibendum90949 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2020, 03:47   #934
BHPian

This is getting out of hand. The state of UP and the Centre refuse to coordinate. There are no cities available for Mahindra in UP, supposedly. A week prior, it showed Koncept in sector 3 NOIDA. Now, nothing! Good luck haggling with cops who couldn't care less if you're avoiding exposure to COVID - they'll make you get off the vehicle and negotiate a challan or alternatively stick their heads into the cabin only to cause trouble. I speak from experience since I have had three such run ins recently where COVID is not a priority for them, rather an excuse to leverage 'aaj kal sirji vaise bure din chal rahe hai' pedestals.
Attached Thumbnails
High security registration plates (HSRP) in India-screenshot_20201220033214_chrome.jpg  

Old 20th December 2020, 11:37   #935
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1lives4ever View Post
I tried a huge number of combinations of the engine number and chassis number last digits. The only remaining thing now is to do a brute force search for all possible combinations. I will try that later tonight to not put load during working hours. Will report with my results tomorrow.
Nothing seems to be working for my older car, 2012 registered. Is it a database problem of older cars? For my other 2 cars did not face this issue. (2016 and 2018)

Tried all combinations but still getting the same error code of "Kindly update details from your registration certificate"

Will take out time to visit the dealership/service center, seems like the last option.
Old 20th December 2020, 15:01   #936
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarrodie View Post
I live in Delhi and have a UP Ghaziabad registered Etios. There is no delivery option on bookmyhsrp. When I try to choose a dealer option all nearby UP areas, Noida, Sahibabad and Ghaziabad are showing as date and time slot not available.

The nearest place where it is available is Meerut which is 3 hours drive away, will be difficult for me to go just for a number plate. But I was planning on at least having a receipt as is required if there is checking but now I am in a fix and don't know what to do.

My question is whether I should then choose the Meerut option now just so that I have a receipt with me, or is there any other solution?
My third try hoping for an answer.

I am sure there must be others with UP numbers residing in Ghaziabad, Noida and other UP areas who are coming across this post. Where are you going for your HSRP number plates. Only option showing for me is Meerut.

I even thought of forcing my relative to get it from Lucknow but there is no other option showing for me.
If you see this, had the same problems and found a solution can you please comment. Or even if you are not in the same position but know the answer. I and others with this issue will be so grateful.
Tarrodie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2020, 18:12   #937
BHPian

Wow, this has escalated really quickly, up until last week i had no idea anything of this sort existed until the Honda Dealership texted me to get this sticker thing from them, i ignored and thought it was one of their unnecessary scams, but this seems like a real issue now, i rang my lawyer friend in Delhi even he has no idea what is going on, i'am sure this is much more important than controlling the whole covid situation and resulting financial crisis.

Anyways, both my 2014 Honda City and 2017 Creta came with HSRP so i just need the sticker or is there a newer form of HSRP now which i should know about?
Also, is this website legit?
Bookmyhsrp.com

You usually can't tell with government and their contractor's poorly designed websites, they all feel like scams.
Old 20th December 2020, 18:14   #938
BHPian

Just another way for the government to make some money.

Got the plates and sticker for my Honda City (2013) last week, got home delivery.

I do have a question though; our other car is an Alto 800 (2013) and came with HSRP plates and the non removable sticker on the windshield but I’m confused with these colour coded stickers.

Do I need to apply for sticker for the Alto or the already present sticker is enough?
Old 20th December 2020, 19:18   #939
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketscience View Post
...or is there a newer form of HSRP now which i should know about?
Also, is this website legit?
Bookmyhsrp.com
You don't need new HSRPs, just the colour-coded sticker which is priced at Rs 150/- (Rs 100 more if you get it home delivered). The website you've mentioned is legitimate, don't worry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alikidwhy View Post
... came with HSRP plates and the non removable sticker on the windshield but I’m confused with these colour coded stickers.

Do I need to apply for sticker for the Alto or the already present sticker is enough?
The sticker that your car currently has is different, these colour-coded ones are fuel specific and you will have to buy one.

Last edited by captain.torque : 20th December 2020 at 19:20.
captain.torque is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2020, 19:31   #940
BHPian

I do understand the purpose of HSRP though I fail to understand the urgency in the middle of a pandemic. But what is the use of the sticker? How does it benefit the government or the citizens?
warrioraks is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th December 2020, 21:17   #941
BANNED

Guys, I am not able to Locate my Order number.

Payment was made, Payment Id is there in the email, but order number is not.
When I check reciept validity on their website - its says Record not found.
Old 20th December 2020, 21:25   #942
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrioraks View Post
I do understand the purpose of HSRP though I fail to understand the urgency in the middle of a pandemic. But what is the use of the sticker? How does it benefit the government or the citizens?
Although it has no business in bothering us in such troubled times, that too with such urgency and such hefty fines, but the only reason i can think for the sticker is so that the traffic police can identify diesel cars from petrols since the former is banned after 10 years and the latter after 15, in Delhi atleast.
They can anyway find out that information in the RC if they stop the vehicle but i guess this is it.

I have registered for the stickers through this website and i got a slot for mid march 2021 (4 months for a printed sticker, maybe the printing unit is located in Mars ), it took me 2 hours to get it done, it used to get stuck in the selecting the date and time from the calendar for appointment stage where you could not select any date at all, i checked for other months after march too but didn't work, even though it was showing slot available after 15 march 2021 when i selected the dealership.

Finally, it worked when i changed the dealership to another one and i tried atleast 10 dealerships and almost gave up on it when suddenly the slot was available for one of them, the dealership is far from my place but that was the only one which was available out of dozens even though they all showed available slots none of them worked in the next stage, it is purely hit and trial, no other way to it, this was same for both Honda and Hyundai.

Also, home delivery was available for extra 100 bucks but since my car is registered in company's name and because of this pandemic we are going there irregularly i didn't want to take a chance with that, so i went the dealership way. Also, for home delivery the slots available were post feb 2021.

Also, the mobile website just did not work and it was frustrating since you have to enter engine number, chassis number and also laser number from your front and rear number plates along with a lot of other information and then it used to go blank after clicking submit, desktop version did work fine apart from the issues mentioned above, because of those issues i had to enter all these details in desktop website multiple times as well.

Anyways, i have the receipt PDF with me in my mobile, along with confirmation SMS and i will keep a printed copy in the car as well, i hope this should suffice till i get those silly stickers installed.

Last edited by Rocketscience : 20th December 2020 at 21:29.
Rocketscience is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 20th December 2020, 22:29   #943
BHPian

Hi, so took delivery of car few days back & have temporary number. When I get my permanent registration number, the HSRP will be arranged by dealer or I have to get it done myself? Can someone suggest.
Old 20th December 2020, 23:35   #944
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akash86M View Post
HSRP will be arranged by dealer or I have to get it done myself? Can someone suggest.
Check the details of RTO payment receipt. Does it have charges for HSRP mentioned?

Usually, charges for HSRP are taken at the time of registration along with road tax etc. since it is mandatory anyway. No point making this a 2 step process.

I am commenting based on the practices and protocols of RTOs in Chandigarh and Haryana. Here, dealer informs you once the plates arrive at their dealership along with colour coded fuel sticker and HSRP windscreen sticker.

Last edited by PaddleShifter : 20th December 2020 at 23:39.
PaddleShifter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2020, 15:41   #945
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaced Out View Post
I had the same question for my HR26. Still trying for an official document stating the same but here is what Delhi Traffic Police is saying on Twitter.

http://twitter.com/TransportDelhi/st...52252740141057
I had heard that there is heavy checking in Delhi for the last few days, and I had also thought that outside vehicles were not their target now.

Not anymore.

There was a squad stopping vehicles today near Indian Spinal Injuries Hospital in South West Delhi and all HR and UP vehicles were also being challanned. My friend stopped and asked those vehicles with outside registration and they confirmed it.

As per my earlier posts which went without any response(very common in Team-bhp), this is what I wanted to confirm because I am getting an appointment only at Meerut (for my UP Ghaziabad registered Etios), which is about 3 hours away from my house in Delhi, with the earliest available time slot at 12 noon to 2 pm starting 11th January 2021 up to March 2021. There appears to be no morning time slot at all during all these months.

This means that I cannot go early, and even if they manage to complete the work by 2 pm I will be back only in the evening - a waste of an entire day for the sake of HSRP plates for an 8-year old car.
Tarrodie is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks