Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st December 2020, 15:52   #946
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: High security registration plates (HSRP) in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarrodie View Post
This means that I cannot go early, and even if they manage to complete the work by 2 pm I will be back only in the evening - a waste of an entire day for the sake of HSRP plates for an 8-year old car.
Sorry that I cannot offer any insight to your particular case, but on a more general note about this policy and implementation, I have now come to accept this "wasted" day as just another tax.

Unfortunately it's the bane of our policy making, everything applies retrospectively. If somehow this new sticker scheme isn't found effective, there will be something new at a later date. And the whole thing starts again.
Dry Ice is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2020, 23:58   #947
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kunalsingh View Post
Dear members, this is for all those who have been struggling to get an appointment date due to the horribly slow and laggy BookmyHSRP website :

After struggling (and failing) to book a home-delivery appointment (colour coded sticker for my Ciaz) the whole day today, I tried my luck again a while ago and Voila! The website was working and showed availability of slots in January 2021 (it earlier showed no slots available even till even 2025 ).
How much did you have to pay for home delivery of the stickers?

Last edited by Sheel : 22nd December 2020 at 19:45. Reason: Please quote only the relevant bits of a post. Thanks.
Old 22nd December 2020, 01:36   #948
Senior - BHPian

Even after repeated attempts I was not able to book only the fuel stickers for my UP registered car. Out of frustration booked the HSRP, irrespective of the fact that my car already have HSRP plates, for the sake of receipt to show to traffic cops.

The Haryana site's flow is so much better, my wife managed to book it for her car in jiffy.
Old 22nd December 2020, 03:43   #949
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogiii View Post
Nothing seems to be working for my older car, 2012 registered. Is it a database problem of older cars? For my other 2 cars did not face this issue. (2016 and 2018)

Tried all combinations but still getting the same error code of "Kindly update details from your registration certificate"

Will take out time to visit the dealership/service center, seems like the last option.
Had the same problem. Have a DL registered 2012 car whose details were not entered by the previous HSRP contractor into the database.

You can also, order the HSRP+sticker combo (even if your 2012 car already has HSRP) - that is the easiest option if you are willing to throw/waste some money for the sake of convenience & not exposing yourself to unnecessary people in these times.
Going to a dealership is the next best option else you can spend time & effort getting your details entered into Vaahan database first & then try online later.
Old 22nd December 2020, 07:55   #950
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANDHAV View Post
Even after repeated attempts I was not able to book only the fuel stickers for my UP registered car. Out of frustration booked the HSRP, irrespective of the fact that my car already have HSRP plates, for the sake of receipt to show to traffic cops.

The Haryana site's flow is so much better, my wife managed to book it for her car in jiffy.

Which site did you use for Haryana ?
Old 22nd December 2020, 08:49   #951

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharninder View Post
Which site did you use for Haryana ?
https://hsrphr.com

I think this is the website being referred. Looks like online booking for HR registered vehicles is finally up.
Attached Thumbnails
High security registration plates (HSRP) in India-screenshot-20201222-8.41.37-am.png  

theudrocks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2020, 11:02   #952
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theudrocks View Post
https://hsrphr.com

I think this is the website being referred. Looks like online booking for HR registered vehicles is finally up.
HR still not available.
I can only see DL + UP + HP.

I have a confusion.
Have two cars - one petrol and one diesel.
Petrol car came with high security number plate installed - but do NOT have any corresponding number plate sticker.
On the other hand, for diesel car, when I got the number plate installed about a year back, they gave me a sticker for windshield as well.
Anything I have to do for Petrol vehicle ?

Note - The above is different from color coded fuel sticker. I have for both - one blue and one orange.
Old 22nd December 2020, 12:00   #953
BHPian

I just booked an appointment for 29th Dec at Hartron Motors and paid the amount upfront in the website. Lets see how it goes. Mine is a HR26 vehicle.

Last edited by coldice4u : 22nd December 2020 at 12:02.
Old 22nd December 2020, 12:17   #954
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptaneja View Post
HR still not available.
I can only see DL + UP + HP.

I have a confusion.
Have two cars - one petrol and one diesel.
Petrol car came with high security number plate installed - but do NOT have any corresponding number plate sticker.
On the other hand, for diesel car, when I got the number plate installed about a year back, they gave me a sticker for windshield as well.
Anything I have to do for Petrol vehicle ?

Note - The above is different from color coded fuel sticker. I have for both - one blue and one orange.
For DL + UP + HP, the website is https://www.bookmyhsrp.com/
For HR, the website is https://hsrphr.com/ (as mentioned in previous post). This site was down, now up with updated interface.

Infact, even BookMyHSRP was hacked on 16th Dec.[News Link]

Regarding your query :
You need to get the blue sticker for your petrol vehicle.
For your diesel vehicle, make sure the sticker is orange; not blue or white.
AutoNoob is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2020, 12:27   #955
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoNoob View Post
Regarding your query :
You need to get the blue sticker for your petrol vehicle.
For your diesel vehicle, make sure the sticker is orange; not blue or white.
Have a look at this sticker -

High security registration plates (HSRP) in India-img_20201222_1221451.jpg

The question is -

For Ciaz - I have number plate + orange sticker + the above sticker.

For Swift - I have number plate + blue sticker

For Swift , do I need number plate corresponding sticker ?
Old 22nd December 2020, 13:54   #956

I am having issues with https://hsrphr.com/ for a couple of days now.

Every time I put the registration number, chassis and engine no., it gives me an error saying " Your vehicle detail didn't match with vahan service".
This is the same information on the mParivahan app and RC! I am unable to book an HSRP for my vehicle.

Any advice?
De-Veer is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2020, 17:00   #957
Tgo
Senior - BHPian

I booked home delivery of HSRP Set (Plates+Sticker) for a friend's UP registered car to an address in Lucknow. Went off smoothly. No hiccups on the website or payment. Also got the payment receipt and the status of it can be checked on the website too.

Tried to trick it by booking home delivery of the sticker for my RJ registered car at the same state - NO GO!

It asked me to re-check and enter a vehicle registration no. of UP state (Option selected earlier while beginning the booking process out of the three - DL / UP / HP). No RJ specific website for booking the same.

So for the time being, I cannot get the sticker for my RJ registered car unless it is from the dealer itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elito11 View Post
The guy who comes to fix it also carries a number plate safety frame. Its a black plastic frame that attaches to all sides of the number plate and will save it from bends and folds that quite common to such metal plates.
I was thinking ahead and booked the home delivery option for a vehicle in Lucknow abut the car always is in Auraiya. Just went through this thread and realised a glitch. I thought home delivery means "delivery" fixing has to be done by the owner. However it seems like there is a guy who comes and fixes it to the vehicle.

-Is the delivery guy very particular of affixing the plates and sticker by himself?
-Is it possible to just collect the same form him and get it fixed from somewhere else later?

If not, I might have to cancel the order soon before they start making the plates.

Last edited by Sheel : 22nd December 2020 at 19:47. Reason: Please edit / multi quote your replies instead of back to back posts on the same thread. Thanks.
Old 22nd December 2020, 23:38   #958
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamal View Post
How much did you have to pay for home delivery of the stickers?
Hi Kamal, the cost is Rs.260/- for home delivery. This includes the cost of the sticker as well.
kunalsingh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2020, 00:05   #959
Senior - BHPian

There seems to be a long wait for getting the HSRP number plate for newly registered vehicles in Bangalore. I am told a wait time of 2 weeks at least to get it. Until then I got myself a plastic number plate done and mounted.
Old 23rd December 2020, 04:21   #960
Senior - BHPian

I was told too that the IND number plate will take time so I should make a regular one temporarily as I've already booked a number. I'm not sure if this is for the same reason.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks