Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 11th January 2021, 14:06   #991
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: High security registration plates (HSRP) in India

Has anyone been challaned for this yet? I don't see the same intensity of concern or panic on the roads as compared to this thread. Rather there are so many cars out there that do not sport HSRPs, forget the sticker. I don't think the cops are stopping anyone for this.
drmohitg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2021, 12:30   #992
Tgo
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeygani View Post
Any update?
Whether you received HSRP with seven or ten digit code?
Their system of managing the requests is mostly manual. It is not as nicely done as BMHSRP. The acknowledgement is sent via sms. there is no number to track nor does their tracking link function.

I called up their office and they said they will send an SMS when the plates are ready. Asked me to send the RC copy on a whatsapp number too.

Still waiting before giving a final verdict.
Tgo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2021, 22:47   #993
Senior - BHPian

Guys today I received my plates from the showroom along with a sticker that you need to stick on the windshield along with one that needs to be stuck on top of it to make it opaque.

What is that sticker for and also the serial number below IND?
Old 19th January 2021, 11:33   #994
Senior - BHPian

Guys, need your inputs on a different yet related aspect.

My vehicle had the transparent tamperproof sticker (pasted in 2018). This one had all the details, including the chassis number and engine number . Thankfully, the new ones don't have the last two details (as it is not safe to display these openly). So, I opted to replace the sticker.

Now, coming to the concern. I had sun-film installed on windshield (in 2012) and sticker was pasted on the film. Due to this, removal of residual adhesive from old sticker became real pain. I tried iso-propyl alcohol, detergent and lot of arm grease, still adhesive couldn't be removed. I hadn't tried scraping as it might had damaged the sun-film.

Finally pasted the new sticker on lower position. But the adhesive mark remains and looks bad .

So, any ideas how to get rid of that ?
Old 19th January 2021, 11:41   #995
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Has anyone been challaned for this yet? I don't see the same intensity of concern or panic on the roads as compared to this thread. Rather there are so many cars out there that do not sport HSRPs, forget the sticker. I don't think the cops are stopping anyone for this.
+1 to this. I had the same thoughts while traveling from Delhi to Gurgaon earlier this week. Too many cars on the road without HSRP.

Also have you noticed that for every other car, the paint on the HSRP plates seems to be fading off? I haven't seen this before at such a large magnitude. At this rate, half the cars will be left with just the embossing on the plate with no clear legibility from a distance. So much for High Security
Old 19th January 2021, 12:10   #996
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoNoob View Post

Now, coming to the concern. I had sun-film installed on windshield (in 2012) and sticker was pasted on the film. Due to this, removal of residual adhesive from old sticker became real pain. I tried iso-propyl alcohol, detergent and lot of arm grease, still adhesive couldn't be removed. I hadn't tried scraping as it might had damaged the sun-film.

Finally pasted the new sticker on lower position. But the adhesive mark remains and looks bad .

The best way is to use water and a cloth towel. Keep soaking the adhesive area and crape it with the cloth. It will slowly come off.
Old 19th January 2021, 20:27   #997

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Hi Ayush, I have an HR number car and had got the HSRP from Gurgaon about 18 months back. At that time, I was not issued any sticker. When I read this news, I went back to the same place and got the sticker done within 2 mins and paid Rs 50 cash (without receipt).

The stickers are a combination of a transparent sticker (that you already have) and a separate background sticker which is colored according to the fuel used. Since you already have the former, you can get the background sticker and be compliant.

This is the place - https://www.google.com/maps/place/Li...5!4d77.0254046

Can someone confirm if the process to get just the color coded sticker in Gurgaon is just as smooth (as of today) as experienced by Eddy some 3.5 months back? (I already have a HSRP and a transparent sticker.)
Old 20th January 2021, 00:56   #998
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankurj View Post
Can someone confirm if the process to get just the color coded sticker in Gurgaon is just as smooth (as of today) as experienced by Eddy some 3.5 months back? (I already have a HSRP and a transparent sticker.)

I applied for only the colour coded sticker online. I had to select an appointment date (which I got within 2 weeks) and place. I went to Link Utsav (in the narrow lane behind Mini Secretariat) on the allotted date and time, there was a short queue of 4-5 persons, got the transparent sticker and the coloured one within 5 minutes which was pasted on the windshield and it was done. In the meantime, had saved the receipt on my mobile in case any traffic cops would stop but that was not necessary. So the process was quite smooth I would say.
Old 20th January 2021, 01:02   #999
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoNoob View Post

My vehicle had the transparent tamperproof sticker (pasted in 2018). This one had all the details, including the chassis number and engine number . Thankfully, the new ones don't have the last two details (as it is not safe to display these openly). So, I opted to replace the sticker.

Try spraying it with WD40 and wiping. It should do the trick without damaging the sunfilm.
Old 20th January 2021, 16:17   #1000
BHPian

With great difficulty, I managed to book HSRP last month for UP registration, but the nearest location available at the time was Meerut, although I am in Delhi. Recently Rosemerta Systems has started local counters on weekends and last week it was held in my area. I told them that they could cancel the booking and I can buy the HSRP from the local counter since it will also save me 3 hours of driving one-way to Meerut.

But I was in for a shock. They told me this was possible until a few days ago but now you can't cancel a booking. I also tried to do it myself but a pop-up appears that the booking can not be canceled. The counter guy told me to speak to his manager but till now he is not picking up the phone.

I sent them a mail but received a reply after 2 days saying "We regret to inform you that once the order gets placed we cannot make any changes to it because the leaser code is already generated."

I have replied back requesting them to escalate it since I am not in a position to drive to Meerut. Waiting for the reply, but the way things are going I am not hopeful of a solution.

Anyone having a problem with cancellation?
Old 21st January 2021, 01:59   #1001
Senior - BHPian

Why the sticker for windshield is not standard?

In my car sticker contains car registration date.

My friend's Ertiga & i10 has HSRP application date
Old 22nd January 2021, 13:44   #1002
BANNED

Gentlemen

Has anyone opted for the home delivery of the plates and stickers? I am myself now available at home, and just want to confirm if they deliver it at home, or they come, check the vehicle, RC, etc and install the plates themselves?

Last edited by VKumar : 22nd January 2021 at 13:47.
Old 22nd January 2021, 19:54   #1003
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VKumar View Post
Gentlemen

Has anyone opted for the home delivery of the plates and stickers?
Yes it is happening at our apartment. 3 cars already fitted with home delivered HSRP. The guy will come and fix the plate at your parking. A 10 mins job to the max
Old 24th January 2021, 22:39   #1004
BHPian

This thread is nice and lengthy with 67 total pages and tons of views but it has more questions than answers, most questions going unanswered. Everyone with HSRP related issues seem to be struggling all by themselves.

Team-BHP is in a pole position to play a leading role in matters such as HSRP rollout across India, at least to get some relief with issues and the right information to what is now Team BHP's main audience i.e their own members.

As we can clearly see "farmers" and other groups seem to have lots of representatives, so how about taking up issues that pertain to car owners, not a small population at all.

Mods, Rishabh, any views on this? Hope this is taken constructively. :-)
Old 24th January 2021, 23:05   #1005
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by myavu View Post
Why the sticker for windshield is not standard?

In my car sticker contains car registration date.

My friend's Ertiga & i10 has HSRP application date
Sticker has car registration date only. Ask your friend to check with the customer care. It's a mistake mostly either in data entry or in sticker printing.
ShankarG is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed