Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 16th December 2020, 17:23   #1
Senior - BHPian

Kia sells 1 lakh cars equipped with UVO connect tech

Kia has announced that it has sold over 1 lakh cars equipped with its UVO connect in-car technology within just 16 months of sales operations.

Kia sells 1 lakh cars equipped with UVO connect tech-kia-motors-india-100-000-connected-cars.jpg

According to the company, 55% of all Kia cars sold in India are equipped with UVO connect. The top selling connected car variant is the Seltos GTX Plus DCT 1.4T Petrol. It contributed to almost 15% of the total connected car sales.

UVO connect integrates a smartphone or smartwatch (based on Android, iOS and Tizen) with the car and its infotainment system. Customers get a 3-year free subscription.

UVO connect offers 57 connected car features like voice commands, vehicle tracking and immobilization, auto collision notification, SOS-emergency assistance, remote engine start/stop, remotely operated air purifier and in-car air quality monitor, geo fence, time fence, speed alert, valet and idle alerts.

Link to Team-BHP News
TusharK is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 16th December 2020, 17:40   #2

Re: Kia sells 1 lakh cars equipped with UVO connect tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
Kia has announced that it has sold over 1 lakh cars equipped with its UVO connect in-car technology within just 16 months of sales operations.

Attachment 2093861

According to the company, 55% of all Kia cars sold in India are equipped with UVO connect. The top selling connected car variant is the Seltos GTX Plus DCT 1.4T Petrol. It contributed to almost 15% of the total connected car sales.

Link to Team-BHP News
Hi,

Can someone put some light on this: Is the top spec one in 1.4 petrol DCT only? I thought diesel auto is also available in GTX+. There is 1.4 petrol manual in GTX+ as well or not? So any idea what is the actual top end models that Kia sells in Seltos alone. Guys I am Seltos owner for past one year still confused with the variants list.
Old 16th December 2020, 20:42   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshaysawant View Post
Hi,

Can someone put some light on this: Is the top spec one in 1.4 petrol DCT only? I thought diesel auto is also available in GTX+. There is 1.4 petrol manual in GTX+ as well or not? So any idea what is the actual top end models that Kia sells in Seltos alone. Guys I am Seltos owner for past one year still confused with the variants list.
GTX+ is the top-end trim in the Seltos line-up.

The GTX+ trim gets option of 1.4 Petrol with either 6MT or 7-speed DCT and 1.5 diesel with 6AT transmission. No diesel manual or 1.5 MPI motor in GTX+ trim.
Old 23rd December 2020, 22:09   #4
BHPian

For new models, there is always a trend of higher sales of top trims in early days. Also the market is anyway moving towards premium end with customers not buying lower variants.
So I don't think this is directly attributable that customers bought top trims because Kia gave connected features.
Old 4th February 2022, 01:39   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
Its all a sham, I can give a first hand experience of it, I have a Kia Sonet Gtx plus D MT, I was away from Bangalore for two months, I thought I will be able to use the connected feature, start my car once in a while. Surprisingly nothing of this sort happened, I was never able to access my car even once. And I am well aware that the brake lever has to be above 5 notches and all. Despite trying few times a day, what I ended up was getting was rat bites when I could finally manage to come back to the city. I even paid for the fixes since the amount was less.

I came back and tried, it works fine as long as you are nearby, I have tried and it works till you are 15km away(radial distance). The moment I travel to a different state(outside Karnataka). There has been zero instance where it has worked.

Anyways I didn't buy the top end spec for the UVO thing, I bought the top end spec for 6 air bags which was my primary requirement, fingers crossed that they will deploy when they need to and along the way I got few features like TCS, HAC, Ventilated Seats.
Mainali is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2022, 22:01   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mainali View Post
Its all a sham, I can give a first hand experience of it, .
I don't think it's a sham. Maybe you had a bad run in it. In my Carnival, unless the car is parked deep in parking where there's zero network connectivity, I have always found it working. I have used it to deter some crazy people around the car, and to cool the cabin while on a road trip to Lucknow last July. In fact, you get paranoid about the location of the car if you give it to the hotel valet etc. because now you have an option of checking the location of the car.

I wish if it would also show TPMS data from the car and real odometer as well which I suppose should be possible to extract from the car and show in the app.
vivekshukla is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2022, 23:06   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekshukla View Post
I don't think it's a sham. Maybe you had a bad run in it.
Its good to hear that it working really well for you, I guess you are one of the lucky person or they have changed the tie up to a different network provider now. Just sharing a screenshot for reference for what I have seen. My manufacturing is from Feb 21, would really love, people who have bought Kia cars from Feb 21 batch to share more insights

Kia sells 1 lakh cars equipped with UVO connect tech-img_05b5fb0095b71.jpeg

Most Viewed