Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st July 2007, 06:46   #121
BHPian

So is it confirm that they are goin to launch it this Year around September or October.
If they do it will be really cool.
Just for a No Reason. Which would you pick.
1. Skoda Fabia
2. Fiat Punto.

My pick is Fabia, because i fear that TATA would ruin that vechicle in some process which will make a failure. And i Hate TATA's service. Every time i give my indica for service it comes out in a worse condition than i gave it to them.
They ruin the timing or something on the car.

So what your Pick ppl
Old 21st July 2007, 12:56   #122
Senior - BHPian

You maybe right about the service part, however the the punto is likely to prove to be more impressive in terms of looks.lets face it, the fabia does look alot like the swift ,and unless anybody is keen about owning a skoda brand i feel punto would be the prefered car out of the two in that price bracket
Old 21st July 2007, 20:07   #123
BANNED

hey, it is confirmed as of now that its going to be launched before the end of 2007. i agree with you that, in terms of service quality, tata sucks. but then it is cheaper than skoda. now, choosing between these two would not necessarily be in terms of looks, both look quite good. i do believe that punto looks much better than fabia. it looks more like maserati and aston-martin. both cars are much bigger than swift in terms of wheelbase and length. but punto is much more spacious than fabia. it is almost as spacious as the SRV. so, the fight comes down to the price, if both are priced right, then it would definitely be a great fight.now, lets wait for the first test drives of these cars.

in terms of engine. both cars would be coming in petrol and diesel. and both fiat and skoda engines are tried and tested in india. we have the fiat multijet in swift and petrol in new palio stile. skoda petrol/diesel in octavia/laura. probably we'll get the smaller version of the laura PD diesel engine. now, both the diesel engines, multijet and PD, are very capable and have won numerous awards internationally.

now, for the price of the diesel, i believe, its not gonna cost less then 6.5 lacs. as the smaller swift vdi costs around 5.5 lacs. so for the extra 1 lac, you are getting a much bigger,spacious, better build, better interiors, better features. now, for the petrol. its gonna cost upwards of 5 lacs, with of course different variants. now, in fabia we only have one petrol option.i.e. 1.2 litre engine.(which i believe is a tad underpowered for a car like this) now, i think here punto wins hands down, as its gonna get the 1.6 litre engine too, cause we already have that engine in india with a smaller engine too. i believe both cars have the potential and are very capable. now, the price would be the deciding factor. i hope skoda launches a fabia RS in the future to compete with the punto 1.6, man..that wud be so awesome.

Last edited by Zappo : 23rd July 2007 at 02:01. Reason: Unnecessarily broken down a single post into multiple ones. Posts merged.
Old 21st July 2007, 22:58   #124
BHPian

skoda should launch the fabia now......we have been waiting for too long now....anyways between tata and skoda i think skoda will score more because of its brand value,in terms of service dealerships tata has the advantage ....bt the tata service cannot match skoda ....
Old 22nd July 2007, 05:31   #125
BHPian

I hope they get the pricing rite.....
If they do skoda will rule the segment...

Thought that those who have not seen the Fabia on road like when it is moving kind of like in a video must see this....
Its not english.Found this video in YouTube. Do check it out.....

And maybe if they put up RS version with an Ad like this the car will sell.....

Guys this is an actual skoda Fabia commercial...
Check it out guys....Are they going to bring sunroof for us...
Then it will rock the segment.

Last edited by Zappo : 23rd July 2007 at 01:51. Reason: Unnecessarily posted in multiple but continuous posts when they could all have been in one.
Old 24th July 2007, 00:18   #126
BHPian

hey
got the pics of the skoda fabia at the marriot powai where there was a conference of the VW group. they had the a fabia outside the conference room in the lobby of the hotel. will be posting the pics soon
Old 25th July 2007, 10:53   #127
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klaus17 View Post
hey
got the pics of the skoda fabia at the marriot powai where there was a conference of the VW group. they had the a fabia outside the conference room in the lobby of the hotel. will be posting the pics soon
Hey buddy what you waiting for post them soon please, we all are waiting.
Old 25th July 2007, 11:46   #128
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadyrulez View Post
Check it out guys....Are they going to bring sunroof for us...
Then it will rock the segment.
It most probably wont! Other bigger cars have offered sunroofs and haven't found many takers for it.
Old 25th July 2007, 13:08   #129
Senior - BHPian

Is it going to come with 3 cylinder Petrol's and diesels as reported in auto magazines and TV shows? It will be a rip off if Skoda brings in 3 pot motors and tries to price it as a premium hatch with the Swift and Grande Punto!
Old 26th July 2007, 14:05   #130
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Just for a No Reason. Which would you pick.
1. Skoda Fabia
2. Fiat Punto.
Too early to answer that as at the moment all we know about both these cars are the way they look. IMO, the G Punto looks far better then the Fabia. Another thing we know are the dimensions and here again the Punto has the advantage. From the little we know about the Fabia, it's supposed to come with 3 cylinder Petrol and diesels, right?

By the way, the dimensions of these cars:

Skoda Fabia :

Length: 3992mm

Width: 1642mm

Height: 1498mm

Wheelbase: 2462mm

Skoda Fabia dimensions

Fiat Grande Punto:

Length: 4030 mm

Width: 1687 mm

Height: 1490 mm

Wheelbase: 2510 mm

Fiat Grande Punto dimensions

In comparision to these two, India's current best selling premium hatch dimensions are:

Length: 3695 mm

Width: 1690 mm

height: 1530 mm

Wheelbase: 2390 mm

Maruti Swift Dimensions.
Old 26th July 2007, 14:13   #131
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
hey
marriot powai
Marriott is in Juhu and Renaissance in Powai. Which one ? Or has Marriott opened up in Powai ? Has it ? And where are then pictures ?

Last edited by normally_crazy : 26th July 2007 at 14:15.
Old 26th July 2007, 23:41   #132
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
hey
Buddy pics, pics, pics. Its two days we all are waiting
Old 27th July 2007, 09:14   #133
BHPian

@ Amit: Thanks for comparing the dimensions.
I feel even if the dimensions are better on the punto ( bigger car ) still the service has to be good in TATA's end. If they do a horrible service like what they are doing now then the car just might not sell.

@ Klaus: What happened to the pictures man.Post them soon.
Old 29th July 2007, 00:52   #134
BHPian

Hey normally crazy, Marriott has many 3 different chains within its brand - the JW (which is top of the line) and then the Marriott Renaissance and the Marriott. Sorry about the pics will post em soon - the one at the Renaissance was a white one, the side profile makes it look pretty much like the Swift.
Old 29th July 2007, 22:48   #135
BHPian

hey sorry for the delay guys. here r the pics

Klaus17

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks