Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th April 2007, 17:17   #16
BHPian

Gr8 Find buddy.

But frankly speaking, I think Skoda will definitely goof up the pricing. Anyway, keeping my fingers crossed - I am optimistic...you see!

Last edited by hmishra83 : 12th April 2007 at 17:27. Reason: typo
Old 12th April 2007, 18:48   #17
Senior - BHPian

Will it be launched or wont it..?? Skoda have been playing cat and mouse over the Fabia (previous generation) launch for a few years now!
Old 12th April 2007, 18:50   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_intlad View Post
Fantastic find Shaz,I think a while back some bangy member too reported sighting the fabia in bangalore.I wonder what's the bangalore connection with the fabia.
Injection setups coming from Mico-Bosch.
Old 12th April 2007, 19:21   #19
Senior - BHPian

Great News, that is IF the FABIA is coming finally. I just hope they do something about the A.S.S. though ! My experiance with the Octavia service has not been that great, hope they improve now that they might generate fair numbers. Keeping my fingers crossed......
Old 12th April 2007, 19:57   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaserQ View Post
Will it be launched or wont it..?? Skoda have been playing cat and mouse over the Fabia (previous generation) launch for a few years now!
the last i heard is that it should be in the markets by early next year...because the process of localisation is on...there are tryin to put a lot of local content in the car so as to make it cheap...this in turn will make the laura cheaper too.
Old 12th April 2007, 22:04   #21
BHPian

Quote:
the last i heard is that it should be in the markets by early next year...because the process of localisation is on...there are trying to put a lot of local content in the car so as to make it cheap...this in turn will make the laura cheaper too.
Hope they don't take too much time on localisation and launch the damn thing... been waiting for this one for tooooo long!!
Old 13th April 2007, 10:52   #22
HSV
BHPian

Having said that, hope they also offer the 6 speed tiptronic (with sunroof) which is available in the 1.6L petrol available as an option in other countries.

I am sure the Indian market has matured and consumers will open to a premium hatch with all the bells and whistles. There's not only a growing breed of young entrepreneurs, infact the middle and higher management in corporates with their rising salaries would sure eye something like this.
Old 13th April 2007, 11:03   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Great Catch !! This is big news, one of the most awaited cars is finally here!
Old 13th April 2007, 11:12   #24
nbr
BHPian

Finally FABIA on Indian roads.This product gonna be huge success, since it has decent engines, ride,handling etc.hope the ground clearance is better than OCTY.
Old 13th April 2007, 11:19   #25
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr View Post
Finally FABIA on Indian roads.This product gonna be huge success, since it has decent engines, ride,handling etc.hope the ground clearance is better than OCTY.
All said and done.. but what about the pricing?
Old 13th April 2007, 11:21   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Fabia it is... no mistake about that.
Good find, shaz.

Aah.. that your Ikon which is also modelling itself in the pic?
yeah benbsb29.. thats my ikon modellin there!! i am feeling so sad i didnt take my digicam with me that day. by the time my camera phone got ready for the second shot from the front, the fabia guy was already next to me..blaring his unmistakable skoda horns..it looked damn good from the front and as a over all package..my pic s really dont do justice.
Old 13th April 2007, 11:29   #27
BHPian

[/quote] I am sure the Indian market has matured and consumers will open to a premium hatch with all the bells and whistles. There's not only a growing breed of young entrepreneurs, infact the middle and higher management in corporates with their rising salaries would sure eye something like this.[/quote]

Totally agree with you... with cities getting crowded, more and more people are preferring hatches to sedans for ease of parking, higher FE, higher power to weight ratio etc.. of course, this is entirely my observation and not from any professionally run survey, but to some extent the sales figures of premium hatches are an indication. To me, it doesn't make any sense lugging around that extra boot space which is used maybe once or twice a month at best.
Old 13th April 2007, 11:31   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
Injection setups coming from Mico-Bosch.
the car was sporting a MH registration so it means its probably already homologated and they were doing trial runs.. does it mean the launch date is very near??
but on the contrary i saw in one of the autoshows on tv, the skoda head saying that fabia is still not ready for launch in india and they are still working with material vendors in india to maintain they level of quality standards..
i guess we might see more fabias being tested from now on.
Old 13th April 2007, 11:36   #29
BHPian

Good find there. Fabias have been in Aurangabad for ages now! Since the Skoda factory is there, the company officials use it around in the city. They were always there but never with the intention of being launched. Maybe this is one of the new lots. I do hope the new Fabia does come here.
Old 13th April 2007, 11:45   #30
Senior - BHPian

hey shazikon nice find dude..i hope the fabia hits the indian road sooner,this car looks awsome,anyone with techinical details about the engine??

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks