Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th October 2007, 16:48   #61
Senior - BHPian

Nissan name is always synonymous with Speed. Even safety comes next in Nissan's philosophies. In the Gulf, Nissan Maxima is known as the Car of Death, as the car's speed is tremendous and even around 120-130 kmph, it almost floats and uncontrollable. And when you want to brake while cruising, you must be extremely careful. Even with ABS, the car would go into a swirl / spiral in no time.
Now, coming to Luxury cars from Nissan, it is generally not preferred as a family car. Even the Altimas are fast and light weight.
Even the lowest version SUNNY has several accident records due to excessive speed and uncontrolability in the Gulf.
It is no comparison to Mercs or BMWs, in terms of safety and comfort. Its gives excellent pick-up like a race car, but braking and balance is poor.
Camry, Octavia, Galant, Magna, all these cars are in the same segment, but heavier and slower than their Nissan counterpart.
So anyone looking for Nissans must keep all these in mind.
This based on my experience in the Gulf countries..
Old 22nd January 2008, 16:53   #62
BHPian

Spotted a Teana recently (spot it everyday since the last 3-4 days as someone at my client site has bought one recently).
I personally don't like the looks of the car.

It does have a huge road presence but the eyes of the car were not to my liking as well as to the liking of many of my colleagues .
I Dont know much about Nissan as a carmaker, but i do have a strong liking for the skyline.

Wonder what lies ahead in India for Nissan.
Maybe they will bring out the skyline next
Old 3rd May 2010, 07:01   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedzak View Post
A nice car to compete with Camry. But the latter possess a lot of respect in this part of the world.

Teana, Laura, Liana, Linea, Sonia What is with all these girly names?? Cefiro aounds a bit too good to me. But won't suit the Indian car market I
think. And so the reason for a rename.

I'm inclined to agree... the name Teana is rather sissy...

Here in Oz, it is sold as a 'Maxima'...

really nice car, though, and Maxima or Cefiro do sound better than Teana.

I wonder why Nissan bungled that up...and perhaps, Nissan should bring in its equivalent of the Corolla - sold as a Pulsar in Oz, and by

It's considered a good car and value for money, and gives a fair few BMW and Mercedes models a run for their money in many markets.

However, the Indian market's exposure to the Nissan brand is very very limited, so far.

And it though I'm a few years late for this post, I think the situation's not changed much by now... comments anyone? am curious to hear

Link to Test drive review here (First Drive: Nissan Teana)

Last edited by Dippy : 3rd May 2010 at 17:01. Reason: Adding link to test drive
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks