Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st March 2022, 15:20   #286
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Virtus, now unveiled

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACe_10 View Post
Do you see any impact on VW consumers 3-5 years down the line. If sales dry up for VW group - very possible given that have lost their bread and butter product in Polo and Tiguan is unlikely to do any serious numbers - we may see dealers resorting to 'aggressive' billing strategies during services and repairs. Not to mention general drop in standard and an inability to retain good people.
Honestly, thats a bit of overthinking. Dealers resorting to aggressive billing has become the norm be it a mass seller like Maruti Toyota or any other manufacturer. It is more of a dealer cartel that tries such tricks to increase revenue. VW dealer can do that either way, if the company is selling well or not. Hence, that should not be a huge influence on the buying decision.

Second, regarding sales drying up, could be a possibility. But again, this could happen to any brand as long as it doesnt show commitment and talks of further investment. But VW have invested in India and have put some effort building specific models. So the steam will stay for the next five years at least. Thats when they would have their electric fleet adapted to the Indian market and make an entry before that to keep the sales running. From a German company, I would personally not expect a knee jerk reaction unlike Ford, GM etc.

But lets be prepared for the worst. Engine related spares are available world wide, and the worst case issue might come for model specific parts which we would have to be careful about. But I would bet on VW sticking to India in the longrun compared to a company like Renault, Nissan, Honda etc.
audioholic is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 25th March 2022, 23:45   #287
BHPian

Hey Folks,

I prebooked Virtus GT(Rising Blue) today with B.U. Bhandari, Wakad. I am getting relocated to Pune next month and have heard good reviews about the mentioned dealer. I would be upgrading from my 11 year old Polo TDI which has served me really well for 1.5L+ KMs with nothing more than regular service maintenance.

Surprisingly, he mentioned that the Virtus GT variant has received good number of bookings and they would be able to deliver by July end or August. VW would launch the car in May and even if we have prebooked more than 2 months before, the delivery timelines are pretty late.

He mentioned that the car prices would be revealed next month but we know it is not going to happen before May going by the recent launches by the group. I wanted to get the manual GT but unfortunately VW has left that variant for its sibling, will take 6 yrs warranty(for the sweet DQ200 DSG ) and plan to keep the car till warranty is active.
tsi_niks1989 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 27th March 2022, 11:18   #288
BHPian

Found the VW Virtus ‘Left Hand Drive’ version on test in the outskirts of Satara yesterday evening while coming back from Kolhapur. Another sibling in white took over us just after crossing the Dari Pool ( valley bridge) before Narhe near Pune on NH-4. Car looks sharp.
Attached Images

Guru_Shikhar is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th March 2022, 15:48   #289
Senior - BHPian

Volkswagen Virtus production commences in India

Volkswagen India has announced the start of production of the Virtus. The car is being manufactured at the brand's Chakan plant in Pune.

Volkswagen Virtus, now unveiled-new-volkswagen-virtus-start-production.jpg

The Volkswagen Virtus is based on the MQB-A0-IN platform. The car features a typical VW design with sharp edges and clean lines. It has a dual-tone interior with a contemporary dashboard featuring a touchscreen infotainment system and a digital instrument cluster.

The Virtus is available in two trims - Dynamic Line and Performance Line. The former is powered by a 1.0-litre turbo-petrol engine that makes 113 BHP and 175 Nm, while the Performance Line comes packed with a 1.5-litre TSI engine that puts out 148 BHP and 250 Nm.

Transmission options include a 6-speed manual, 6-speed automatic and 7-speed DSG. As per some reports, the 1.5-litre is likely to be offered with the 7-speed DSG gearbox only.

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 30th March 2022 at 15:49.
TusharK is online now   (18) Thanks
Old 30th March 2022, 17:03   #290
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post

Volkswagen India has announced the start of production of the Virtus. The car is being manufactured at the brand's Chakan plant in Pune.
Slavia went into production on 21st January and started reaching dealerships in 2nd week of Feb. This means we should be able to see Virtus in showrooms by April 3rd week hopefully .
tsi_niks1989 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2022, 17:06   #291
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post

Transmission options include a 6-speed manual, 6-speed automatic and 7-speed DSG. As per some reports, the 1.5-litre is likely to be offered with the 7-speed DSG gearbox only.
That's right, Volkswagen will not be offering a 6-speed manual gearbox with the 1.5-litre turbo petrol unit in Virtus.
On the other hand, Skoda offers the 1.5-litre petrol unit with a 7-speed DSG as well as a 6-speed manual in both Slavia and Kushaq.
In fact, Volkswagen also offers a 6-speed manual gearbox as an option with the 1.5-litre unit in Taigun. However, it is believed that the company has decided to take a different approach with Virtus.

Possible reason behind this decision could be to try and position Virtus GT as a sportier alternative to Slavia. This will also reflect in its pricing and enthusiasts who love spirited driving with a manual shifter in hand are expected to be disappointed. Not to forget, the GT trim of Virtus will also come with exterior and interior highlights which differentiate it from the rest of the variants.
Old 30th March 2022, 21:56   #292
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

The car looks so GOOD in that RED, VW has managed to divert the heart of this skoda fanboy towards them, this looks like THE last ICE engine car for many This seems like the Octavia VRs of 2022!
KI07 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2022, 23:15   #293
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsi_niks1989 View Post
Slavia went into production on 21st January and started reaching dealerships in 2nd week of Feb. This means we should be able to see Virtus in showrooms by April 3rd week hopefully .
Hopefully, the media event did not have good lighting especially for the 1.0 tsi model, I just could not appreciate its design elements and wasn't able to see the alloy wheel design properly, hopefully the car reaches dealerships soon so we can have a better look.

The case for the Slavia, the blue looked stellar in pictures posted on the forum and on youtube channels, but when I saw the Slavia in that shade of blue in person it didn't live up to those internet pictures
Cliff9091 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2022, 17:21   #294
BHPian

VW have really done a great job at designing this, it looks so much better than the Slavia (atleast to me). Hope quality is also better than Skoda.

tsi_niks1989 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 31st March 2022, 17:35   #295
BHPian

That red colour looks fantastic! The interior one is alright, still better than the gaudy one in Taigun.
Old 31st March 2022, 20:14   #296
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsi_niks1989 View Post
Hey Folks,

I prebooked Virtus GT(Rising Blue) today with B.U. Bhandari, Wakad.
Did you not consider Slavia as an alternative? What if Virtus has less features and higher prices than Slavia? I am planning on Slavia 1.0 Style AT but in a dilemma about Virtus pricing and feature list though I feel the latter will be almost same. Not sure about the pricing though.
Old 31st March 2022, 22:58   #297
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAVREVV View Post
Did you not consider Slavia as an alternative? What if Virtus has less features and higher prices than Slavia?
Hi Mate,

Yes I did consider Slavia, went 2 times to Skoda showroom to check the car in person. It looks good and classy but Virtus looks sportier to me, also going by Taigun/Kushaq it seems VW is tuning cars for a little better performance and quality while Skoda is tuning for 'comfort'. I test drove both Taigun 1.5 TSI and Kushaq 1.5 TSI to reach above conclusion.
One more thing to add here, despite registering my interest for the Slavia 1.5 TSI manual, Skoda has still not provided a test drive even though I enquired more than 4 times and the TD car was available with the dealer two weeks back itself. The showroom experience here in Lucknow for Skoda was bad so I lost interest too.

Last edited by tsi_niks1989 : 31st March 2022 at 23:01.
tsi_niks1989 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th April 2022, 09:12   #298
Senior - BHPian

Volkswagen Virtus top-spec GT trim wrapped in a white paint scheme with red brake calipers spied on Pune-Mumbai expressway.

Volkswagen Virtus, now unveiled-20220404_090804.jpg

Volkswagen Virtus, now unveiled-volkswagenvirtuswhitecolourspiedgtlinered21068x764.jpg

Volkswagen Virtus, now unveiled-volkswagenvirtuswhitecolourspiedgtlinered31068x764.jpg

Source

Last edited by Venkatesh : 4th April 2022 at 09:14.
Venkatesh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th April 2022, 10:39   #299
Distinguished - BHPian

Mid spec VW Virtus spotted on the Mumbai - Pune expressway:

Volkswagen Virtus, now unveiled-1.jpg

Quote:
Volkswagen Virtus to launch in May 2022.

Mid-spec trim gets downgraded LED headlights and monotone alloy wheels.

Niceties like digital driver’s display, ventilated front seats, and sunroof limited to top-spec trims.

Mid-spec trim will get 1-litre TSI engine, paired with 6-speed MT and AT.

Prices are expected to start from Rs 11 lakh (ex-showroom).
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2022, 10:14   #300
BHPian

VW Virtus mid variant spied testing, can see road presence when compared to Honda city and Skoda Rapid.

Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks