Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th April 2021, 14:46   #91
BHPian

Re: 2021 Ford EcoSport Titanium variant now gets a sunroof (Updated price list)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhdowntheline View Post
Korean cars arent expensive or powerful ? You can think of a Harrier or a Compass if you stretch a bit, or you can wait for the Taigun/Kushaq.
Thanks. I am waiting for Kushaq but the one which may fall in the price range for me is 1.0 TSI engine and I am not sure if it is better than the 1.5L Dragon from Ford. Ford showroom is not sharing the price and I am following up since 2 weeks now. Seems like no one is interested.

I love Jeep Compass (looks) but it is 24-25 lakhs on road so.
Old 30th May 2021, 18:37   #92
BHPian

One thing Ecosport seriously needs is bump in torque figure (talking of petrol AT engine). 150nm is way too less for a car this heavy.

Apart from this, I like every bit of this car. If I have to buy today a compact SUV, low torque figure would sadly be the only reason not to go for this handsome hunk. Even today, I find Ecosport the best looking compact SUV.
Old 29th June 2021, 13:48   #93
BHPian

Ecosport does not look like a chopped off sub 4 metre compact SUV, maybe because of the spare wheel fitted on the rear door. BS6 diesel model's DPF may have some issues if driven in city conditions for long although the same can be rectified without much problems if done on time. Current naturally aspirated petrol engine does not appear to have much torque needed for a heavy vehicle like Ecosport. A turbo petrol engine like it came earlier with is needed for the driving enthusiasts (like me).
Old 14th July 2021, 13:08   #94
BHPian

With my friend at FORD JSP Hosur Road sales outlet for a PDI of his Titanium EcoSport and had a few doubts that we would appreciate some help on.

For some reason, we see a little bit of dried mud on top of the Engine case.
Does anyone know what could be the reason for this?

We see white paste right where the engine and body meet. As far as I know this is normal but my friend is concerned because it's white paste on a white color car.

None of his doors align perfectly with the door sill. The EcoSport standing next to his is perfect. However, the deviation for all his doors is the same.

His bluetooth system doesn't seem to accept our Chinese phones (Redmi for my friend and Oppo A5 for me) for playing music. Bluetooth calls work fine.

I am attaching pics for all these except the last item. Can members please help and let us know if this is ok?

He is planning to pay the full amount today afternoon.
Attached Thumbnails
2021 Ford EcoSport Titanium variant now gets a sunroof (Updated price list)-img20210714120519.jpg  

2021 Ford EcoSport Titanium variant now gets a sunroof (Updated price list)-img20210714120910.jpg  

2021 Ford EcoSport Titanium variant now gets a sunroof (Updated price list)-img20210714120457.jpg  

Old 14th July 2021, 13:43   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JithinR View Post
With my friend at FORD JSP Hosur Road sales outlet for a PDI of his Titanium EcoSport and had a few doubts that we would appreciate some help on.

We see white paste right where the engine and body meet. As far as I know this is normal but my friend is concerned because it's white paste on a white color car.

None of his doors align perfectly with the door sill. The EcoSport standing next to his is perfect. However, the deviation for all his doors is the same.

His bluetooth system doesn't seem to accept our Chinese phones (Redmi for my friend and Oppo A5 for me) for playing music. Bluetooth calls work fine.

I am attaching pics for all these except the last item. Can members please help and let us know if this is ok?

He is planning to pay the full amount today afternoon.
I would excuse the slight mud on the engine and the white paste, but doors not aligning does not seem to be proper. Please have him insist on another car.
vnabhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2021, 14:56   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mynameis View Post
One thing Ecosport seriously needs is bump in torque figure (talking of petrol AT engine). 150nm is way too less for a car this heavy.

Even today, I find Ecosport the best looking compact SUV.
On paper the 150 Nm of torque might look relatively less, but when I test drove the Dragon petrol a couple of years back, the throttle response and overall pickup of the Ecosport was pretty good. Not sure whether this has changed in the BS6 version. Of course, there is no turbo spike like in the diesel engine, since this is a naturally aspirated engine, but I did not find it to be lacking in power and shove. Overall, it is pretty sufficient though the Dragon engine cannot hold a candle to the TDCI variant from a fun to drive perspective.

On your second point, yes, I too find the Ecosport to be the best looking among the current crop of CSUVs. Clean, proportionate and muscular design, with well designed, aggressive front end.
Old 14th July 2021, 15:13   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
I would excuse the slight mud on the engine and the white paste, but doors not aligning does not seem to be proper. Please have him insist on another car.
Thank you sir. For the door, I should have been more descriptive (I was typing my post while my friend was asking an explanation for the mud on the engine from the Sales Manager).

I didn't mean that the door is mis-aligned rather that when we close the door, the door panel and body panel don't sit flush 100%. I am not able to capture this in a photo but we can feel it if we run our hand over the gap.

The EcoSport sitting next to this didn't have any such issues(both the pics I have are attached). My friend doesn't seem to mind the door thing and thinks that since all the four doors have the same gap it should be ok.

I am not knowledgeable enough to actually comment on it.

I am actually concerned about the mud on the engine though because I can't think of an explanation for it. Also, the SM gave really lame excuses (which increased my suspicion) that the mud must be from the back of an OBD Scan tool and laptop which was placed on the engine while it was connected to the ECM or something.

I am not sure why the OBD Scanner tool would be doing in the engine bay during the PDI but I guess the Sales team has no idea why it happened and was probably coming up with creative reasons on the spot.

Thank you for the assist.
Attached Thumbnails
2021 Ford EcoSport Titanium variant now gets a sunroof (Updated price list)-img_20210714_150953.jpg  

2021 Ford EcoSport Titanium variant now gets a sunroof (Updated price list)-img_20210714_151027.jpg  

Old 14th July 2021, 15:45   #98
BHPian

Quote:
I am not knowledgeable enough to actually comment on it.

I am actually concerned about the mud on the engine though because I can't think of an explanation for it. Also, the SM gave really lame excuses (which increased my suspicion) that the mud must be from the back of an OBD Scan tool and laptop which was placed on the engine while it was connected to the ECM or something.

I am not sure why the OBD Scanner tool would be doing in the engine bay during the PDI but I guess the Sales team has no idea why it happened and was probably coming up with creative reasons on the spot.

Thank you for the assist.
I vaguely remember reading that in some cars they are required to 'code' the engine before the sale. The ECU has to be told that it is now with the owner (I think it is done to probably reduce the chances of the car being used as a TD vehicle. ) I could be WAY off here and completely wrong as well.

The splash could also be when the car was driven from the storage area to the delivery area esp if it was driven through a puddle or something.

For the car doors being 'flush', please take a pic of the same side of the other car and compare. The camera placement can create such a 'misaligned' effect. Like the camera lens is further away from the panel when taken on the other side. Check the image on the same side of both cars.
torquecurve is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2021, 16:26   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by torquecurve View Post
The splash could also be when the car was driven from the storage area to the delivery area esp if it was driven through a puddle or something.

For the car doors being 'flush', please take a pic of the same side of the other car and compare. The camera placement can create such a 'misaligned' effect. Like the camera lens is further away from the panel when taken on the other side. Check the image on the same side of both cars.
Thank you for your response.

As far as I can see the residue mud left on the engine looks like the kind we get after dirty water has entered into the car and has evaporated. It's something that I would expect in a flooded car not one fresh from the factory. I guess it's possible that the car was driven through a puddle.

I actually was present for the PDI in-person. Pics were taken just to have a record of the stuff that we observed. If we run our finger along the edge of the door then we can feel that both panels are not flush...but it's really a minor offset.

All four doors of this car have the same issue. But all four doors of the Ecosport next to it are perfect.

My friend is not concerned as such and has decided to go ahead with the purchase (primarily because of the pent up demand for Ecosport + reduced factory dispatches + the next batch would possibly be more than a month away).
Old 14th July 2021, 22:19   #100
BHPian

Quote:
This could be from a Rodent or a Cat taking shelter in the engine bay while it was parked in their stockyard. Check closely for paw marks to confirm the same. In any case, this doesn't look like any cause for concern unless you see any damage around that area.
Funny is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2021, 10:05   #101
BHPian

Quote:
It looks like sealant applied.
Old 19th July 2021, 13:20   #102

Hi. I'm looking to purchase ecosport spare wheel cover in Bangalore. Can anyone please help which is the best store to find this apart from showrooms? Thanks in advance.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks