Search this Thread
Old 29th September 2021, 11:49   #166
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2021 Audi A4 launched at Rs. 42.34 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
Something for the fence sitters
Please do not torment us mortal souls with just a pic . Yeh dil maange more

Would like to know your views of the initial driving experiences and comparo with other candidates that you may have considered.
JoshMachine is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2021, 21:09   #167
BHPian

Hello Everyone. This is my first post on Team Bhp Forum.

I am very thankful to Team BHP community and this thread. I also happened to buy Audi A4 (Technology Variant). So basically, I had been looking to buy a luxury car for a very long time. I had Honda City VX (O) 2014 and wanted to upgrade to a luxury segment. I have been active on Team BHP Forum but never posted anything.

Since the car prices have been ever increasing, especially after covid when the taxation and chip shortage have made cars more expensive. C Class 2 years back was available at 55 OTR and now it's at 59 OTR. I knew that getting anything lower than 45 OTR is going to be a struggle, especially due to no stock with the dealers of BMW & Mercedes. Honestly, Audi was never in my list because I have driven Audi A4 the pre facelift model and it felt very under powered. 143HP TDI engine wasn't impressive at all.

I have always been a sedan fan and still going strong with that. My budget was 35-40 OTR. In the market which is flooded with SUVs, I only had Octavia & Superb as a great VFM option. BMW 3 series, C Class felt overpriced since maximum I was getting 5 lakhs discount, C Class has cramped rear space and again expensive. I did think about Volvo S60 and Jaguar XE but again, it never fit into my budget. Since I was very disappointed with Audi A4 2017 model, I never bothered to check with them.

But all that changed when I read this thread that someone in Rajkot got for 39 OTR. That was a sweet deal. During that time, I was getting Skoda Superb L&K for 38 OTR and it was no brainer anybody would go for Audi A4. So I called up Audi West Mumbai and took test drive and boy, I was blown away with the new 40 TSI 2.0ltr 187HP engine. I was so impressed with the fit and finish of the car, the quality and loaded features that I was going to go for Premium Plus variant as it was actually VFM. I was getting a deal at 40 OTR and the day I called up to book, it was sold out. I was very disappointed because after a long time, I had got the car I wanted and the price which was in my budget. But then, they offered me Technology Variant for 45.5 OTR and after hard bargain I could come down to 44.5 OTR (road tax + insurance included). 44.5 OTR does not include extended warranty service. In accessories, I was given Audi LED Logo, Audi floor mats, body cover, keychain & myAudi connect complimentary (free).

I really love the car. I love the exterior of the car, especially the new DRLs and rear tail lights look so premium. I know that many think BMW is far better when it comes to driving but I wanted an overall good package car as it's for my family. I wanted a practical car which has good rear space, boot space, good driving dynamics and a nice peppy engine and not to forget, I love Audi Virtual Cockpit. For me, it's a substantial upgrade from Honda City 2014 and I am very happy with the purchase. The price is obviously the biggest factor that drove me towards Audi A4 but I feel it's a stellar deal considering chip shortages has made car manufactures having less stock and ever increasing car prices due to increasing input cost. I remember one of my friend buying BMW 3 series GT for 45 OTR like 4 years back and today me buying Audi A4 with much better features for 44.5 OTR is a good deal in 2021. I don't know how the market will go ahead and what discounts might come up for Diwali and year end but I'm very happy with the purchase.

Thank you so much to all the members. You guys have been a great help. With the real passion for cars that we all have, we hope we can continue and inspire every other person out here.

Attaching few photos. I will definitely attach more photos once I click them. How the car looks at night and few small details. If you want to know more about the car or want to see any specific things about the car, I would be happy to click the photos and attach. Also would be happy to answer any of your queries. Audi A4 at 40-45 OTR is a great deal and VFM. Go for it, wherever you are getting this deal.

2021 Audi A4 launched at Rs. 42.34 lakh-img_2673.jpeg

2021 Audi A4 launched at Rs. 42.34 lakh-img_2684.jpeg

2021 Audi A4 launched at Rs. 42.34 lakh-img_2686.jpeg

2021 Audi A4 launched at Rs. 42.34 lakh-img_2685.jpeg

2021 Audi A4 launched at Rs. 42.34 lakh-img_2689.jpeg

2021 Audi A4 launched at Rs. 42.34 lakh-img_2690.jpeg

2021 Audi A4 launched at Rs. 42.34 lakh-img_3091.jpeg

2021 Audi A4 launched at Rs. 42.34 lakh-img_2996.jpeg

2021 Audi A4 launched at Rs. 42.34 lakh-img_2729.jpeg

2021 Audi A4 launched at Rs. 42.34 lakh-img_2728.jpeg

2021 Audi A4 launched at Rs. 42.34 lakh-img_2725.jpeg

Last edited by Aditya : 30th September 2021 at 05:29. Reason: Image depicting overspeeding deleted
Bruichladdich is offline   (110) Thanks
Old 29th September 2021, 21:44   #168
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruichladdich View Post
I also happened to buy Audi A4 (Technology Variant).
Another day, another blue A4 on the forum! Congratulations on the new ride buddy

This thread goes to show that we are as value conscious as one can be at any given price point! Two months into the launch in and nobody really cared to even checkout the 2021 A4 until March this year. Following the recent price correction vide rolling out of discounts the A4 is priced reasonably well for what it offers, and I'm happy to see a deserving classic entry level luxury sedan (with a hint of sportiness) move from the showroom floors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ostreichwein View Post
So it was 39 inclusive of warranty. Self insurance (approx 70k) was over and above this 39 lacs. However, TCS of around 40k was inclusive. So net would be approx. 39.30 lacs all in.
We seem to have got almost identical deals. That said, highly recommend you get yourself the engine coverage asap!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshMachine View Post
Would like to know your views of the initial driving experiences and comparo with other candidates that you may have considered.
Surely in the coming weeks buddy, haven't had much time with the car since I've brought it home. That said I did manage to make time a long drive over the last weekend with a bunch of close friends and I am happy to report I'm through with the run-in period already

2021 Audi A4 launched at Rs. 42.34 lakh-img_20210926_184343.jpg

Last edited by manson : 29th September 2021 at 21:56.
manson is offline   (36) Thanks
Old 29th September 2021, 22:11   #169
BHPian

Quote:
This thread goes to show that we are as value conscious as one can be at any given price point! Two months into the launch in and nobody really cared to even checkout the 2021 A4 until March this year. Following the recent price correction vide rolling out of discounts the A4 is priced reasonably well for what it offers, and I'm happy to see a deserving classic entry level luxury sedan (with a hint of sportiness) move from the showroom floors.
I've always believed to pay high price for quality products but cars in India are way too expensive. I still feel Skoda Superb at 33 OTR is one of the best deals that GTO got. I was getting 33 OTR Skoda Superb but it got sold the very next day.

----

One tip for any first time luxury car buyers. There will be discounts and heavy discounts in every car brand. More discounts on Audi & BMW and less on Mercedes & Volvo but it's all about timing. You got to be prepared with your down payment and finances. When the moment comes, just go for it because if you won't, someone else will definitely take away that deal from you and it has happened twice with me. And if you are getting the deal towards the end of the month and especially on the last day of the month, bargain hard as you can.

I may not have got the best deal as other members here but it was the best I could manage and it was well within my capacity. I'm overall very happy that PP+ got sold out and got technology variant. Luck played well for me. That being said, PP+ is a very good variant compared to BMW 3 Series Sport variant. Well, BMW wins with the petrol engine but Audi A4 at 40 OTR is supreme deal, something that BMW can never match.

Last edited by Bruichladdich : 29th September 2021 at 22:24.
Bruichladdich is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 29th September 2021, 22:26   #170
BHPian

Quote:

I am very thankful to Team BHP community and this thread. I also happened to buy Audi A4 (Technology Variant).
Hey Welcome to the forum buddy and to the BLUE A4 Club .

I think we now have almost half a dozen Blue A4 with fellow Bhpians and probably all from Audi West. They have a good sales team, hope they have a equally good team at the workshop . This is not a co incidence guys. We all love the best i.e Navarra Blue with Okapi Brown

It would be a beautiful sight to see the flock of blue birds flying together.
goenkakushal is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th September 2021, 22:28   #171
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
I am happy to report I'm through with the run-in period already
We completed the running in within an hour on Sunday morning
ajmat is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 29th September 2021, 23:10   #172
BHPian

I would like to share some minor observations about the A4, which may be helpful
  • The Parking brake releases automatically when you step on the gas pedal. This can be dangerous, if you have a overenthusiastic kid sitting in the driving seat while you grab something from the corner shop. (Even if you are not in Auto hold mode, however this has exceptions)
  • Android auto sometimes stops playing audio when phone is connected by the cable, but as soon as we remove the cable it starts playing audio via bluetooth.
  • The regenerative brakes makes breaking bit unpredictable.
  • If you need to pull up the wipers , you need to go to the vehicle setting and select change wiper position.
  • The speed warning of 80 and 120kmph cant be disabled as per RTO rule, but the car has a bug which makes the buzzer go mute sometimes. (Yet to figure out the exact sequence )
  • Once you switch your drive mode to Efficiency the display will show EFFICIENCY with E. However, once you shut the engine and restart, the display shows EFFICIENCY with D.
  • If you pull the Parking Brake button for a few seconds while driving it triggers emergency braking.
  • If A/C is in outside air circulation mode and you Reverse the vehicle , the A/C will shift to Recirculation mode automatically to avoid exhaust fumes being pulled into the cabin.
  • On fuel lid and in brochure it has been mentioned to use high octane 95 petrol, This is probably for other countries, I had confirmed from Audi India that we can use regular petrol. I have driven almost 3,000km on regular fuel without any issue

Last edited by goenkakushal : 29th September 2021 at 23:19. Reason: additional point added
goenkakushal is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 29th September 2021, 23:20   #173
BHPian

Just want to clarify this - all these sub 40 deals with Andheri Audi - these are available only on cars in stock? How come there were so many A4 with same blue color in one dealership? Also, does it mean that once stock gets over, the discount would not be so steep?
Old 29th September 2021, 23:43   #174
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by goenkakushal View Post
I would like to share some minor observations about the A4, which may be helpful
  • The Parking brake releases automatically when you step on the gas pedal. This can be dangerous, if you have a overenthusiastic kid sitting in the driving seat while you grab something from the corner shop. (Even if you are not in Auto hold mode, however this has exceptions)
  • The speed warning of 80 and 120kmph cant be disabled as per RTO rule, but the car has a bug which makes the buzzer go mute sometimes. (Yet to figure out the exact sequence )
  • Once you switch your drive mode to Efficiency the display will show EFFICIENCY with E. However, once you shut the engine and restart, the display shows EFFICIENCY with D.
  • If A/C is in outside air circulation mode and you Reverse the vehicle , the A/C will shift to Recirculation mode automatically to avoid exhaust fumes being pulled into the cabin.
  • On fuel lid and in brochure it has been mentioned to use high octane 95 petrol, This is probably for other countries, I had confirmed from Audi India that we can use regular petrol. I have driven almost 3,000km on regular fuel without any issue
Congrats on the car.
I would suggest trying XP95 fuel in it, cheapest remap For sure . My friends with Superb and Q2 (same engine) agree.

And some of these annoyances can be fixed through vcds or something I believe. As an example, check out this thread.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modif...-alerts-7.html (Disabling the 80 / 120 kmph speed warning alerts)
agambhandari is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th September 2021, 00:14   #175
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manish84 View Post
Just want to clarify this - all these sub 40 deals with Andheri Audi - these are available only on cars in stock? How come there were so many A4 with same blue color in one dealership? Also, does it mean that once stock gets over, the discount would not be so steep?
For me, they had ordered the vehicle, it was not in stock. Probably that's the reason I got a lower discount.

I am sure if they stock more of blue ones, if you check carefully, sales have been spread at like 1 or 2 blue cars a month.

Last edited by GTO : 1st October 2021 at 08:18. Reason: Please type and punctuate your posts properly, and proof-read before submitting. Thanks!
goenkakushal is offline   (1) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 30th September 2021, 00:17   #176
BHPian

Quote:

I am very thankful to Team BHP community and this thread. I also happened to buy Audi A4 (Technology Variant).
Many congratulations, and warm welcome to you!

Man, that Technology variant looks sick with those piano black cabin inserts, virtual cockpit and brushed aluminium touches on the outside! Such a sweet ride, this.

I think the time's ripe to form a little A4 Mumbai convoy!
Old 30th September 2021, 04:29   #177
BHPian

Quote:
For me they had ordered the vehicle.. it was not in stock. Probably thats the reason I got a lower discount.

I am sure they stock more of Blue ones, if u chk carefully sales have been spread like 1 or 2 blue cars a month.
How much did you buy A4 for and which variant? They had A4 in stock, at least 20-25 days ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manish84 View Post
Yes, you're right. Stock cars will have the best discount you can ever get. Discount will be less when you order the car.

Quote:
Many congratulations, and warm welcome to you!

Man, that Technology variant looks sick with those piano black cabin inserts, virtual cockpit and brushed aluminium touches on the outside! Such a sweet ride, this.

Absolutely, I think we all should plan a drive together someday
Bruichladdich is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2021, 08:15   #178
GTO
Team-BHP Support

These deals are very, very tempting and make the A4 an irresistible choice. The discounted price is of course awesome, but don't let that take away any attention from how competent the car is. The timeless design, turbo-petrol motor & fast DSG are a pleasure. I would've definitely pushed my kid brother toward the A4 (instead of the Superb) if these deals were available back then.
GTO is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 30th September 2021, 09:56   #179
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
Congrats on the car.
I would suggest trying XP95 fuel in it, cheapest remap For sure . My friends with Superb and Q2 (same engine) agree.

And some of these annoyances can be fixed through vcds or something I believe. As an example, check out this thread.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modif...-alerts-7.html (Disabling the 80 / 120 kmph speed warning alerts)
I will surely try. We Mumbaikars drive at 5-10 Km per hr and probably even kerosene would work fine for those speeds . Will surely fill up for a weekend getaway. You are lucky to enjoy good roads in North India.

VCDS I would like to refrain myself because of warranty concerns.

Quote:
This is what I wanted to say, when I said flock of blue birds

Quote:

It would be a beautiful sight to see the flock of blue birds flying together.

Quote:
How much did you buy A4 for and which variant? They had A4 in stock, at least 20-25 days ago.

Absolutely, I think we all should plan a drive together someday
My deal was way back in April.

Certainly looking forward for the drive.
goenkakushal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th September 2021, 10:03   #180
BHPian

Quote:

Audi A4 at 40-45 OTR is a great deal and VFM. Go for it, wherever you are getting this deal.
The Carwale site is showing ~58L on-road price for Audi A4 Technology in Andheri, Mumbai. Unbelievable that they are running almost 30-40% discount!

It's so unbelievable that I have to ask, is my understanding correct?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks