Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th September 2021, 11:38   #181
BHPian

Re: 2021 Audi A4 launched at Rs. 42.34 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruichladdich View Post
But then, they offered me Technology Variant for 45.5 OTR and after hard bargain I could come down to 44.5 OTR (road tax + insurance included). 44.5 OTR does not include extended warranty service. In accessories, I was given Audi LED Logo, Audi floor mats, body cover, keychain & myAudi connect complimentary (free).
Congratulations for the new ride. Coincidentally got the same exterior colour Technology Pack for my friend yesterday. We fell head over heals on this one the moment we saw it. Major factors while deciding :-

1) He owned a 2013 A4 Technology Pack before this. Got it exchanged and got a good resale price for his car;

2) Saw the BMW 3 LWB, while we liked the car, the pricing was always going to be around 55 lacs;

3) The 2021 face lift of A4 ticks almost all the boxes. Powerful and smooth engine, beautiful inside out, loaded with features;

4) Excellent pricing after discounts. We got it a little cheaper than you owning to the lower RTO taxes in Gurgaon. It looks so value for money that (not to be taken personally by anyone) buying a 3 Series or C Class for almost 25%-30% more seems stupid.

On a side note, they are almost out of stock for A4 & A6 and don't foresee such discounts continuing in October.

Attaching a few pics herewith:
Attached Thumbnails
2021 Audi A4 launched at Rs. 42.34 lakh-img0932.jpg  

2021 Audi A4 launched at Rs. 42.34 lakh-img0934_li.jpg  

2021 Audi A4 launched at Rs. 42.34 lakh-img0937.jpg  

2021 Audi A4 launched at Rs. 42.34 lakh-img0936.jpg  

Joyb is offline   (30) Thanks
Old 30th September 2021, 11:58   #182
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
These deals are very, very tempting and make the A4 an irresistible choice. The discounted price is of course awesome, but don't let that take away any attention from how competent the car is. The timeless design, turbo-petrol motor & fast DSG are a pleasure. I would've definitely pushed my kid brother toward the A4 (instead of the Superb) if these deals were available back then.
Absolutely but honestly A4 would never come down to 33 OTR and Superb having A6 chassis and the large rear & boot space is phenomenal. Superb has the same engine that A4 does so I honestly don't think that Superb really misses out on anything. Even the interior quality fit & finish is brilliant with features loaded. It's only the Badge!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shobhit.shri View Post
The Carwale site is showing ~58L on-road price for Audi A4 Technology in Andheri, Mumbai. Unbelievable that they are running almost 30-40% discount!

It's so unbelievable that I have to ask, is my understanding correct?
Yes sir! it's a deal not to be missed at all. Before purchasing Audi A4, I called up BMW a day before and asked what's the best price you can give me BMW 3 series Luxury Line as I'm getting Audi A4 Technology Variant for 44.5 OTR, they clearly said, we can't match the price because we don't have cars in stock and it's nearly impossible to give you luxury line for 44.5 OTR as Audi A4 is the facelift and BMW 3 series is new generation model. So once the new BMW 3 series facelift comes, you can get 30%-40% discount. As I said, it's really about timing + stock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyb View Post
Congratulations for the new ride. Coincidentally got the same exterior colour Technology Pack for my friend yesterday. We fell head over heals on this one the moment we saw it. Major factors while deciding :-

1) He owned a 2013 A4 Technology Pack before this. Got it exchanged and got a good resale price for his car;

2) Saw the BMW 3 LWB, while we liked the car, the pricing was always going to be around 55 lacs;

3) The 2021 face lift of A4 ticks almost all the boxes. Powerful and smooth engine, beautiful inside out, loaded with features;

4) Excellent pricing after discounts. We got it a little cheaper than you owning to the lower RTO taxes in Gurgaon. It looks so value for money that (not to be taken personally by anyone) buying a 3 Series or C Class for almost 25%-30% more seems stupid.

On a side note, they are almost out of stock for A4 & A6 and don't foresee such discounts continuing in October.

Attaching a few pics herewith:
Bang on!!! you stole my words haha. I love this car so much. Smooth engine, beautiful LED headlights & tail lights, noise insulation is superb, interior fit and finish is top notch. I love everything about this car. And honestly, I didn't like how BMW 3 series exterior overall looks, it's just not very eye catching. When someone looks at Audi A4, it's got so much of road presence.
Bruichladdich is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 30th September 2021, 13:37   #183
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
This thread goes to show that we are as value conscious as one can be at any given price point! Two months into the launch in and nobody really cared to even checkout the 2021 A4 until March this year.
Totally agree. Shows that Indians deeply appreciate value across the automotive spectrum. Kudos to Audi India to do this but dilutes their brand in the long run.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goenkakushal View Post
[*]The Parking brake releases automatically when you step on the gas pedal. This can be dangerous, if you have a overenthusiastic kid sitting in the driving seat while you grab something from the corner shop. (Even if you are not in Auto hold mode, however this has exceptions)
My humble request is never ever let any child sit in the front in these cars especially unattended. Starting from push button start/stop to electronic parking brake to electronic gear shifters etc, these cars are NOT meant to have any child in front. Please be careful!

There is a valid reason why manual parking brakes were so difficult to release in earlier vehicles.
itwasntme is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 30th September 2021, 15:19   #184
BHPian

Quote:
  • If A/C is in outside air circulation mode and you Reverse the vehicle , the A/C will shift to Recirculation mode automatically to avoid exhaust fumes being pulled into the cabin.
I have a habit of turning on the blower in outside air mode at the start of the day. On my humble GT, when I reverse out of the parking spot, the sound from the blower becomes loud and when I start moving forward, it becomes normal again. I've always wondered what was going on. Is it what you have described above? I'm amazed. What attention to detail.
Old 30th September 2021, 15:23   #185
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpabhijit View Post
I have a habit of turning on the blower in outside air mode at the start of the day. On my humble GT, when I reverse out of the parking spot, the sound from the blower becomes loud and when I start moving forward, it becomes normal again. I've always wondered what was going on. Is it what you have described above? I'm amazed. What attention to detail.
Yes this is exactly what is happening here. In all cars fan speed slows down in outside air mode, probably because it required more energy to pull air from outside may be due to longer duct.
Old 30th September 2021, 15:27   #186
BHPian

Quote:
[*]The Parking brake releases automatically when you step on the gas pedal. This can be dangerous, if you have a overenthusiastic kid sitting in the driving seat while you grab something from the corner shop. (Even if you are not in Auto hold mode, however this has exceptions)
I think you're incorrect, the parking brake only releases with the gas pedal if the following conditions are met:
- The car is in DRIVE
- The drivers seatbelt is fastened
- The driver door is closed

It will not release if you simply rev it in neutral or push the parking brake button, moreover for a child to actually release it, they'll have to apply the brake pedal and simultaneously shift the gear lever and put on the seatbelt and hit the accelerator. If they can do all that they're not a 'child' per se and i'd be cautious leaving them in a car in the first place.

Last edited by arun_m5 : 30th September 2021 at 15:29.
arun_m5 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 30th September 2021, 15:35   #187
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_m5 View Post
I think you're incorrect, the parking brake only releases with the gas pedal if the following conditions are met:
- The car is in DRIVE
- The drivers seatbelt is fastened
- The driver door is closed

It will not release if you simply rev it in neutral or push the parking brake button, moreover for child to shift to drive; they'll have to apply the brake pedal and simultaneously shift the gear lever, which if they can do it, they're not a 'child' per se.
Like I already said it has exceptions.

Yes , off course car has to be in D.
Seatbelt - not experimented with that yet, shall check.
Door - is mostly expected to be in closed position.

My dad, not being familiar with auto transmission often pulls hand brake and forgets to put transmission in P.
goenkakushal is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th September 2021, 16:32   #188
BHPian

Quote:
Like I already said it has exceptions.

My dad, not being familiar with auto transmission often pulls hand brake and forgets to put transmission in P.
Even then, the vehicle is designed to shift to P automatically when you open the door.
arun_m5 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2021, 17:42   #189
BHPian

Anybody knows from where I can find USB C to lightning cable for iPhone 12 Pro Max. The image has been taken from Official Audi A4 Video. The Audi guys have no idea about this cable.
Attached Thumbnails
2021 Audi A4 launched at Rs. 42.34 lakh-whatsapp-image-20210903-1.44.10-pm.jpeg  

Old 30th September 2021, 18:16   #190
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Anybody knows from where I can find USB C to lightning cable for iPhone 12 Pro Max. The image has been taken from Official Audi A4 Video. The Audi guys have no idea about this cable.
Loads on Amazon unless you're looking for something very specific.
Old 30th September 2021, 18:43   #191
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Loads on Amazon unless you're looking for something very specific.
I am not able to find this short cable. There are loads but they have long cables.
Old 30th September 2021, 20:29   #192
BHPian

Quote:
I am not able to find this short cable. There are loads but they have long cables.
This is the one I got, works well and blends into the niche color wise: https://www.amazon.in/dp/B08243PSWR
sohels is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th September 2021, 20:37   #193
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohels View Post

Dislikes:
-Audio is good for the front passengers, but is boomy at the rear where vocals seem subdued - overall sound quality is well below the Harmon Kardon in the C250
Could someone throw more light on the sound quality? How good or bad is it, and how does it compare to the Canton sound system in the Superb L&K?
Old 30th September 2021, 21:38   #194
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_m5 View Post
Even then, the vehicle is designed to shift to P automatically when you open the door.
I tried this, but my A4 did not shift to P. Instead the parking brake got activated automatically.
goenkakushal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2021, 22:59   #195
MrA
BHPian

Quote:
I would like to share some minor observations about the A4, which may be helpful
  • On fuel lid and in brochure it has been mentioned to use high octane 95 petrol, This is probably for other countries, I had confirmed from Audi India that we can use regular petrol. I have driven almost 3,000km on regular fuel without any issue
95 RON is equivalent to 91 octane which is kinda intermediate in quality, after 89 octane. Audi RS and BMW M models recommend 93 octane which is ~ 98 RON. I'd suggest using 95 RON/91 Octane gas if that's what the lid says, will be beneficial in the long run, depending on the quality of the petrol over there you might even go with 93 octane just to be sure. You would not feel anything different unless you data-log the car, better fuel will give you better timing and more knock resistance under load. If you don't often do WOT pulls then you should be fine as knocking under load/WOT is not good for the engine and can cause some serious damage.
MrA is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks