Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st October 2021, 00:18   #196
BHPian

Re: 2021 Audi A4 launched at Rs. 42.34 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ojas View Post
Could someone throw more light on the sound quality? How good or bad is it, and how does it compare to the Canton sound system in the Superb L&K?
It's pretty good and comparable but don't expect the best sound system like Harman Kardon or Bose. I would precisely rate around 6.5/10. Sorry I've not heard Canton sound system on Superb L&K.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohels View Post
This is the one I got, works well and blends into the niche color wise: https://www.amazon.in/dp/B08243PSWR
This is USB A, I want USB C. I did find but they're super expensive on amazon. Thanks.
Bruichladdich is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st October 2021, 00:39   #197
BHPian

Quote:
Could someone throw more light on the sound quality? How good or bad is it, and how does it compare to the Canton sound system in the Superb L&K?
No where close to the Canton. Just didn’t feel right for some reason even by itself.
TokyoDrifter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2021, 05:18   #198

Quote:
Originally Posted by CircleOfLife View Post
Hearty congratulations.

If possible can you share specific of the deal. This will help most of the folks who aren't able to get one from their city dealerships and will help them negotiate one.
Sure. 40 Lakhs plus TCS after discount for using Amex card and professional discount for CA/ Advocate (Rs 50,000 each). Extended warranty for three years and insurance is not included. I would get the extended warranty as it is worth it. Floor mat, car cover and front LED logo included in price. I intend to get the insurance done elsewhere.
hardikparikh29 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st October 2021, 08:05   #199
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TokyoDrifter View Post
No where close to the Canton. Just didn’t feel right for some reason even by itself.
Did you check if equaliser was off on your mobile phone? many times both the equaliser clash from car & mobile phone and doesn't give the best sound output.

I keep my iPhone equaliser off. Audi A4 has good base but not the best treble. Also low volume doesn't sound great but high volume does sound very good.
Bruichladdich is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st October 2021, 08:14   #200
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruichladdich View Post
Superb having A6 chassis and the large rear & boot space is phenomenal. Superb has the same engine that A4 does so I honestly don't think that Superb really misses out on anything. Even the interior quality fit & finish is brilliant with features loaded. It's only the Badge!
The A4 is built on the MLB platform which is used for the A5, A6, A8, Q7, Porsche Macan, Bentley Bentayga amongst other premium cars of the group whilst the Superb is built on the MQB platform which is used for VAG group's relatively economical cars, i.e. A3, Jetta, Octavia, Seat Ibiza and Passat. Apart from the cabin space and FWD functionality the current generation Superb and the A6 are as different as chalk and cheese!

That said, on its own I really cannot fault the packaging on the Superb either which is why it was on top of my list until Skoda rolled back the discounts earlier this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I would've definitely pushed my kid brother toward the A4 (instead of the Superb) if these deals were available back then.
At over 5 lacs delta between the Superb and A4 it would have been a tougher decision for me to go for the A4. At barely over a lac the tasteful cabin of the A4 was too much to miss out over a larger back seat and boot space of the Superb.

Can't be sure if the increase in price and rolling back of discounts on the Superb was a good thing, but it surely made the A4 decision a bit easier for me

Quote:
The music system on the A4 by itself is good, but not great. The sound separation between the speakers is pretty impressive which makes the front sound stage feel really good (definitely above average). The Canton music system in the Superb from what I remember of a test drive in the L&K is a notch better.

Last edited by manson : 1st October 2021 at 09:28.
manson is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 1st October 2021, 12:04   #201
BHPian

Quote:
Hello Everyone. This is my first post on Team Bhp Forum.

I am very thankful to Team BHP community and this thread. I also happened to buy Audi A4 (Technology Variant). So basically, I had been looking to buy a luxury car for a very long time. I had Honda City VX (O) 2014 and wanted to upgrade to a luxury segment. I have been active on Team BHP Forum but never posted anything.
Congratulations on your new ride and wishing you many nice memories !

That is a sweet sweet deal you got. A friend of mine was in the market recently and he said that there were similar deals with Audi Gurgaon in NCR. The A4 at this price point wins hands down over any other car in this segment. Happy mile munching once again !
Baddychat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st October 2021, 17:59   #202
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shobhit.shri View Post
It's so unbelievable that I have to ask, is my understanding correct?
Yes even I checked the Carwale site it says 55L on road for Gurgaon. Are we talking of ex showroom price or final on road price.
Old 1st October 2021, 19:32   #203
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shobhit.shri View Post
The Carwale site is showing ~58L on-road price for Audi A4 Technology in Andheri, Mumbai. Unbelievable that they are running almost 30-40% discount!

It's so unbelievable that I have to ask, is my understanding correct?
Quote:
Originally Posted by roby_dk View Post
Yes even I checked the Carwale site it says 55L on road for Gurgaon. Are we talking of ex showroom price or final on road price.
Quoting my post for understanding of how discounting works between premium car brands:
Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
Btw, the actual discount provided on the car is 9 odd lacs, and a gross 48% on that 9 lacs discount, i.e. 4,32,000/- (28% GST + 20% Cess) is a deemed discount. The showroom charged us about a lac extra on the insurance and another 75K on the registration charges, so the net actual discount is 7.5 lacs v/s the 13-14 lacs what it may seem to be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Kudos to Audi India to do this but dilutes their brand in the long run.
Agreed. An apt example is the deeply discounted clearance prices on the Superb causing a reality check on the recently launched Octavia. However, in the case of Audi, they are selling a car worth 40 odd lacs at 40 odd lacs after discounts. The competition can get away with 50 Lac pricing for their respective USP (BMW driving experience, Mercedes flamboyance) and fan base they have consistently created over the recent years.

Audi had a terrific start in India and after tasting massive success somewhere along the line they lost the plot. Personally, I'd really like to see Audi India correct their pricing (preferably on the list prices rather than deep discounts) on the A4 and A6 and get a reasonable number of cars on the road and gradually pick their prices up thereon.
manson is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2021, 23:31   #204

I recently booked an Audi A4, and I would like to share my experience on this forum. This is my first post here!

This is going to be our first luxury car, having owned a variety of regular cars before this. Therefore, we were not aware of the kind of discounts these premium cars command, and the negotiating strategies to be used. We were in the market for an entry level luxury car, looking at options from BMW (X1, 2 Series), Mercedes Benz (GLA, A Class) and finally Audi (Q2, A4). The August discounts on the Audi models had made big headlines, and we were wondering if they were too good to be true (with rumors of Audi discontinuing the CEs). We went to Audi Pune, with a plan to have a look at the GLA later on. We test drove both the Q2 and A4, and were impressed by both of them. However, after discussing the prices (both were coming down to almost same for Technology pack), we decided to go for the A4.

We booked A4 Navarra Blue with Atlas Beige interiors (yes, another blue one ). The initial price offered to us was around 52 all inclusive, but we were able to close on 49 lakhs + TCS (around 47k) OTR. This price is on the higher side, but it includes,
  • 5 Years Comprehensive Service Package (worth around 4.5 lakhs, no service cost for 5 years)
  • Bumper to Bumper, Zero Dep Insurance (weren't sure about getting external insurance since this would be our first experience of this segment)
  • Audi Essential Accessories kit (Floor mats, Anti Marten device, Car cover, Key ring and Audi logo lights)
  • 2+3 years extended warranty (worth about 90k)
  • 2+3 years roadside assistance

We were happy with the deal and closed on it on the same day. Didn't get around to checking out the GLA at all. We didn't want to worry about expensive maintenance later on (having heard of accounts of Servicing costing upwards of 1-1.5 lakhs), which is why we went for the Comprehensive Service package. We got a call from some Audi Mumbai showroom the next day, offering us the same car for 48 lakhs all inclusive, but we had already booked and didn't want to go through the hassle of cancellations, plus we weren't sure if the deal would translate the same in the end.

They had to order the vehicle from Aurangabad, but it is ready now (pending registration) and we did have a look at it. Clicked some pictures as well, but unfortunately, my phone is at the Service Centre for some repairing. We are planning to take the delivery by next weekend, will share the photos here ASAP. If anyone is planning to buy this, now would be the perfect time. You can probably bargain a better deal than us. However, the salesman did tell us that both the A6 and A4 have had a lot of sales this month and are pretty much out of stock. We visited on the 30th of Sept and 2 A4s and an A6 which were on display in the showroom had already been booked. Good luck!

All in all, happy to be entering this new segment and hoping for some great experiences. Glad to answer any queries!
oakajale is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2021, 09:02   #205
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oakajale View Post
I recently booked an Audi A4, and I would like to share my experience on this forum. This is my first post here!
Congratulations Buddy!!! Welcome to the forum.

So happy there's one more blue Audi A4 in the forum. We absolutely need to have blue birds drive together.

Also, you've got a good deal with overall package. If we all add 5 Years Comprehensive Service Package and 2+3 years extended warranty, we all would end up somewhere near to 48-50L (Technology Variant).

Welcome to Audi Club

Last edited by Aditya : 3rd October 2021 at 19:31. Reason: Quoted text trimmed
Bruichladdich is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2021, 10:40   #206
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oakajale View Post
Congratulations for booking the A4 . And what a grand first post you put up!

Somebody, please rename this thread as Gang of Blue Rings

Quote:
However, after discussing the prices (both were coming down to almost same for Technology pack), we decided to go for the A4.
So, assuming you finally got the Technology variant?

Quote:
...we were able to close on 49 lakhs + TCS (around 47k) OTR. This price is on the higher side, but it includes,
  • 5 Years Comprehensive Service Package (worth around 4.5 lakhs, no service cost for 5 years)
  • Bumper to Bumper, Zero Dep Insurance (weren't sure about getting external insurance since this would be our first experience of this segment)
  • Audi Essential Accessories kit (Floor mats, Anti Marten device, Car cover, Key ring and Audi logo lights)
  • 2+3 years extended warranty (worth about 90k)
  • 2+3 years roadside assistance
Can you please help with individual final prices of each of the above items, if ok to share?
Just helps to get a perspective of the level of discounts on each item being offered to you.

Quote:
We didn't want to worry about expensive maintenance later on (having heard of accounts of Servicing costing upwards of 1-1.5 lakhs), which is why we went for the Comprehensive Service package.
I think it is a sensible decision, especially for first time luxury car buyers. Is this going to be conditional-based servicing like in BMW, or will this be mileage / no. of years based?

Quote:
We got a call from some Audi Mumbai showroom the next day, offering us the same car for 48 lakhs all inclusive
Did you register interest with them as well during your research, how did the Mumbai dealer get to know you were planning to buy the A4 in Pune?

Quote:
However, the salesman did tell us that both the A6 and A4 have had a lot of sales this month and are pretty much out of stock
Was it Mr Rajhans, who was doing the needful?
JoshMachine is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2021, 11:17   #207
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goenkakushal View Post
I tried this, but my A4 did not shift to P. Instead the parking brake got activated automatically.
I was about to suggest trying this. I've never tried an Audi. But I own an X1 and BMW has made it in such a way that if the door is opened after a drive and the vehicle is still, it will switch to P automatically (does nothing with the parking brake). If you want to back up or drive with the door open, you have to select your gear again with a lot of associated chimes and messages. But the parking brake behaves pretty much the same way. If it's been activated and the gas is pressed while in D, it releases automatically. Doesn't do this for R though I believe, can't remember.

But it's never a good idea to leave a child in the driver's seat with the motor running. Kids and pets have a way of circumventing all programming which can be a recipe for disaster.
alphahere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2021, 11:31   #208
GTO
Team-BHP Support

With the killer deals on A4s, I was very curious to drive it again. Manson messaged me if I'm up for an early morning drive. Well, who can say no to a turbo-petrol breakfast . So off we went.

Had a thoroughly enjoyable morning with the Audi, some great conversations, black coffee & music. I've always been a big fan of Audi's timeless styling and was ogling at the car every opportunity I got. So darn classy. Loved the turbo-petrol, DSG (failures aside), mature chassis, stability & suspension tune. Bumpy cars are no longer for me, and I feel the A4's suspension is just perfect for India. Appreciated the tasteful cabin design as well. Cons are rear legroom, a FWD when its competitors are RWD and no 2.0 turbo-diesel option anymore. But a spectacular machine for 39 lakhs OTR. A no-brainer at this price. Would've pushed my kid bro for this (instead of the Superb) if the deal was available then.

Didn't take it over ~3,500 rpm as the running-in isn't complete. In terms of product, Audi is really up there. I was also very impressed by the A8L 3.0 turbo-petrol I'd driven a couple of months back. But the company's India strategy & execution totally sucks. Like a headless chicken:
2021 Audi A4 launched at Rs. 42.34 lakh-20211003-09.25.43.jpg

2021 Audi A4 launched at Rs. 42.34 lakh-20211003-09.23.45.jpg

Last edited by GTO : 3rd October 2021 at 11:36.
GTO is offline   (32) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2021, 17:52   #209

Quote:
Congratulations Buddy!!! Welcome to the forum.

So happy there's one more blue Audi A4 in the forum. We absolutely need to have blue birds drive together.

Also, you've got a good deal with overall package. If we all add 5 Years Comprehensive Service Package and 2+3 years extended warranty, we all would end up somewhere near to 48-50L (Technology Variant).

Welcome to Audi Club
Thanks a lot! I agree on the overall cost, since we were getting the Comprehensive Service package. Hope it turns out to be a good decision; don't want to be at the mercy of the Service Centre for cost of servicing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshMachine View Post
Congratulations for booking the A4 . And what a grand first post you put up!
Thank you

Quote:
So, assuming you finally got the Technology variant?
Yes, that is correct. Apologies, I forgot to mention that in the original post. Will update that.

Quote:
Can you please help with individual final prices of each of the above items, if ok to share?
Just helps to get a perspective of the level of discounts on each item being offered to you.
I'm sorry I won't have the exact discounted values, since he did the calculation on his laptop and showed us the initial cost (52.65 lakhs + TCS OTR). We then told him that if he offered us the best possible deal, we would close it on the same day. So he talked to his seniors, and called us up in the evening with the price (49.2 lakhs + TCS, but without Audi Select accessories). After a bit more negotiating on the phone, we decided to go for it (49 lakhs + TCS, including Audi Select Accessories), and he came to our place to get our signature and the booking amount.

I'll mention the prices as per their brochure and our Sales Contract,
Ex Showroom: 47,61,000
Audi Secure RTI Insurance: 2,63,281 (We got the tier below, for 1,22,000)
Audi Comprehensive Service Package: 4,30,700
Audi Extended Warranty: 90,860
Audi Essential Accessories: 43,000
Handling Charges: 50,000

As far as I remember, there was a straight 7+ lakh discount on the Ex Showroom price. Not sure if there was a lot of wiggle room in the individual categories, but there does seem to be some discount in each of the categories, since the cost to us is about 12 lakhs lesser than the sum of the prices I mentioned above (around 61.31 lakhs). We did not dive too deep into individual component prices, since the overall cost was within our budget.

Quote:
I think it is a sensible decision, especially for first time luxury car buyers. Is this going to be conditional-based servicing like in BMW, or will this be mileage / no. of years based?
It mentions 5 Years/5 Services/80k kms. I'm not aware of what BMW offers, but the salesman said that this would mean 0 Service cost for the next 5 years.

Quote:
Did you register interest with them as well during your research, how did the Mumbai dealer get to know you were planning to buy the A4 in Pune?
Actually, one of my father's friends had bought an Audi A3 a couple of years back in Mumbai. We had asked him some info about it, and asked him to give us the number of the Audi Mumbai salesperson. Instead, he gave our number to the salesperson and that is how the person found out.
I think there are multiple showrooms in Mumbai, some of which are owned by Jubilant (same owner as Audi Pune). However, if you have time, you could pit them against each other to see who can offer you the best deal.

Quote:
Was it Mr Rajhans, who was doing the needful?
No, it was Mr Shailesh.
oakajale is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2021, 19:47   #210
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Loved the turbo-petrol, DSG (failures aside), mature chassis, stability & suspension tune.]
I think A4 comes with DL 382 transmission , which uses a wet clutch.

Is this gearbox too prone to failures?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed