Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th October 2021, 23:36   #241
BHPian

Re: 2021 Audi A4 launched at Rs. 42.34 lakh

If anyone hears from their dealers about premium plus variant availability, please update the thread.
Thanks you
Old 18th October 2021, 13:48   #242

Hello All,

This is my first post.

Another new owner of Audi A4, from Bangalore. Got a Tech pack Navarra Blue A4 with Okapi Brown interiors. Sharing my experience below.

I was in the market for a new car with a budget of 50-60L. I was driving a Honda City Automatic from 2013 and thought it was time for an upgrade.

I took BMW X1 for a test drive. It was offered at 50L OTR. I liked the drive experience but the family wanted a sedan. I asked for 3 Series but the salesperson said it will be available only next month. He also said no discounts on that but there's a 4% increase from next month.

Then I drove Audi A6. I liked it a lot. It was offered at 61L OTR(Premium Plus). There were few issues -
1. I take some shortcuts to the office through some narrow lanes and A6 was a bit difficult to navigate there. It was even difficult to park and take out.
2. I had to be careful in speed bumps. It scratched every time I was not paying attention. This could be due to the length of the car.
3. I didn't like the two screens and the dashboard color.
4. I wanted Navarra Blue but only White and Grey colors were available.

Then took Mercedes C-class for a drive. It was offered at 56L OTR. However, it felt a bit outdated. Not having a touch screen bothered me. If C-class, I decided I should wait for the new model.

The Audi sales person was very helpful. He said he will bring his other cars. He brought Q2 a couple of times. Then he brought A4.

A4 was love at first sight. My kids also loved it. It was not as big as A6 but still commanded a good presence. Driving it was a sheer pleasure with superb suspension. Bangalore potholes are notorious but A4 was passing them with ease. No issues at speed bumps. A4 had all the things I liked about A6 minus the drawbacks. The Interior was also minimalistic as per my liking, unlike A6.

A4 PP was offered at 48L OTR and Tech pack at 52L OTR. This was after few extra discounts as my wife was a doctor.

To check for value-for-money, I compared with the US price for a similar model at Edmunds. My thumb rule was not to pay more than a 40% premium. A4 was available at 35% premium while A6 was available at just 26% premium. (Note: For Mercedes and BMW, the prices were at 60-80% premium)

I thought A6 was a better deal at 61L. Brought it for a test drive again and drove from office to home and back to the office. It was a bit difficult and needed my constant attention. I want to drive effortlessly. It was a difficult decision but finally decided to go with A4.

I was particular about the Blue color as that's how I dreamt about my next car. PP was available only in Silver and White color. I also liked the digital cockpit which was not available in PP. So decided to go with the A4 tech pack.

The car was delivered within a week, faster than I expected. I got all-weather mats and Audi connect as free accessories.

I have been driving the car for three weeks now. It's a sheer pleasure. It feels like sailing than driving when I compare to my Honda City. Happy till now.
Kinoov is offline   (75) Thanks
Old 18th October 2021, 16:59   #243
BHPian

Hi,

Looks like there is no stock or the Mumbai dealers are not willing to bill the A4 at the price our fellow BHPians have bought. In fact they are making all sorts of excuses like their offer was for Daman registration, they got additional corporate discount etc, etc.
So, if they are not willing to give at the same price, I am also not willing to spend more.
I am not in a hurry to make a purchase and can wait it out and see what happens.
Dealers have also started giving territory excuses and are not willing to register out of state. But at the same time Mumbai and Gujarat(Surat) both dealers are more than happy to register in Daman. Where as Skoda who is in-charge if VAG group in India are not bound by any territory limits. That is strange to me.
sagpatel is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 19th October 2021, 00:33   #244
BHPian

Congratulations Kinoov on your new Audi. Excellent choice. Some one from my extended family is looking forward to purchasing the A4/A6 PP. Could you please share the contact of the sales resource who helped you in the buying process.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinoov View Post
Hello All,

This is my first post.

Another new owner of Audi A4, from Bangalore. Got a Tech pack Navarra Blue A4 with Okapi Brown interiors. Sharing my experience below.

I was in the market for a new car with a budget of 50-60L. I was driving a Honda City Automatic from 2013 and thought it was time for an upgrade.
Mod Note: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers.

Last edited by manson : 27th October 2021 at 21:15.
Veelubai is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th October 2021, 23:05   #245
BHPian

What is everyone's take on the white colour of Audi A4? Asking since so many people here have taken the Navarra Blue colour and it looks stunning in photos. The dealer that I am in touch with, only has white colour in stock. When I initially set my mind on the car, I was fixated on the Blue colour myself.

Does it make sense to wait for restock? Will the discounts in the first half of 2022 be anywhere near to what they have been in the past 2 months?

My assumption here is that considering the semiconductor issue, the 2022 batch of Audi A4 might come slightly late and even when it comes, the availability will continue to be a problem. This won't push the discounts to anything significant.
Old 21st October 2021, 00:23   #246
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaskiratarora15 View Post
Does it make sense to wait for restock? Will the discounts in the first half of 2022 be anywhere near to what they have been in the past 2 months?
Frankly, first half of 2022 seems too far out to make an assumption on stock availability. You never know - the commodities supercycle might lose steam; alternative silicon manufacturers might emerge; and auto companies might want to push out discounts at that time to compensate for the festive season volume loss of current year. I suppose the supply chain bottlenecks / rising input costs might continue till end of this year, due to which stock availability will continue to be a challenge, and hence I won't expect much discounts at least till this year end.

A better way to look at it would be to see what cars Audi are slated to come up with - A3 is an impending launch, and it surely will be priced at a premium over say a Skoda Octavia (currently 35 lacs OTR), which will also incidentally bring it on par with the discounted A4 prices available in August. So with the A3 in the mix, I would expect the A4 to always be at around 45 lacs (where it rightfully should belong, considering the competition).

So if today the A4 is available for anything less than 45 lacs (PP), I would still call it a good bargain.
ostreichwein is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2021, 03:58   #247
BHPian

The A4 doesn't really have the driver's car focus like the 330i MSport (although the rear passengers in the BMW are at the mercy of the driver) and some would argue that Audi is the least prestigious (from a status perspective) compared to the other 2 german brands and Jaguar.

Personally If I was in the market for a chauffeur driven car I'd save myself a ton of money and get an Octavia or Superb L&K.

The only time I'd personally even put the A4 in my shortlist would be if I got those massive 12-14L Discounts.
GreasyCarb55 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2021, 00:51   #248
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
What is everyone's take on the white colour of Audi A4? Asking since so many people here have taken the Navarra Blue colour and it looks stunning in photos. The dealer that I am in touch with, only has white colour in stock. When I initially set my mind on the car, I was fixated on the Blue colour myself.
The Navarra Blue sure looks stunning, but the effort in upkeep of the Ibis White will be comparatively negligible.

If you're getting the A4 at August/September prices just go ahead and get it. White, blue or black (ki fark pehnda hai) a good car will grow on you in a few months if not weeks

Last edited by manson : 22nd October 2021 at 01:08.
manson is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2021, 08:42   #249
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreasyCarb55 View Post
and some would argue that Audi is the least prestigious (from a status perspective) compared to the other 2 german brands and Jaguar.

Personally If I was in the market for a chauffeur driven car I'd save myself a ton of money and get an Octavia or Superb L&K.
That's not true. Indians don't have the best knowledge about luxury brands. Even today, they think Taj is the epitome of luxury while there are much higher brands like Ritz Carlton, Waldorf, Cheval Blanc etc. It's the same with the cars, luxury brands to Indians mean BMW & Mercedes. I know people who think Skoda is higher category brand than VW. Skoda is a very basic brand in Europe but in India it's considered many segments above.

Audi is definitely considered in Top 3 German brands. There are many many Audis that sell in Europe & US and it still holds the prestigious tag. Their cars are different from both the germans. Likewise even BMW & Mercedes have their own distinguish exterior & interior designs. But even today, Audi is very much considered a prestige brand in India too.

This is a true story and from my personal experience I'm saying. While I was looking out for a car to buy moving from Honda City, everyone suggested me Skoda Superb. The day I got Audi A4, I very much received that luxury tag from everyone because now I own Audi. Personally I don't care much because I wanted a nice car for my family because I can afford now. But I very well receive the brand's prestige presence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreasyCarb55 View Post
The only time I'd personally even put the A4 in my shortlist would be if I got those massive 12-14L Discounts.
Nobody in India buys at the actual price tag. Let me tell you something, even BMW gives 10-12L discount, it's not just Audi. Mercedes on a good day can even you give 8L discount. What does good day mean? when they have stock, it's end of the month or festive season. When they actually need high number of sales.

This is why most of the people buy entry level segments like CLA, X1 etc over Skoda Superb or Octavia. But getting Skoda Superb or Octavia over Audi A4 is no match. I completely disagree with that. The quality itself is way different forget the features. When you sit in Audi, you feel the luxury of that segment.
Bruichladdich is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2021, 10:50   #250
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinoov View Post

Congratulations on your new ride. The A4/ A6 are almost sold out every where. Only slow moving colours like white/ grey were remaining as of this week.

I too am taking delivery of the A4 from the same place. Yes it will be Navarra Blue
Personally I am OK with any colour, leaning towards grey, but for my wife it was blue or nothing.

Question to all owners of the VW 2.0 TSI:- the sales rep insists running-in is not required.

I have also observed, during transportation by ship, the cars are routinely revved to max RPM and are driven at triple digit speeds ashore to reduce loading/ discharging times. In Korea they also drift around pillars in the ship (Ship has a similar construction to underground parking lots) to further decrease loading times.

These cars are fresh out of the assembly lines. Have spoken to reps at VW factory Emden (Germany), Hyundai (Korea) and Mazda (Japan) who all said this is an old and outdated concept. They are unable to justify their statement. This is regarding only gasoline (petrol) engines.

Last edited by gungax : 22nd October 2021 at 10:59. Reason: More information
gungax is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2021, 23:24   #251
Team-BHP Support

Top gear cruising with occasional bursts have always made my Sunday mornings special. Now with air-conditioning and music its getting to another comfort zone altogether. Just past 2000 Kms with the A4 and this four ringer is turning out to be one helluva chillmeister of a sedan
2021 Audi A4 launched at Rs. 42.34 lakh-img20211024wa0073.jpg

Spot the difference
2021 Audi A4 launched at Rs. 42.34 lakh-img_20211024_095403.jpg

Good to catchup with Kushal this morning. The man has some serious eye for detail and has sweet personal touches on the interiors of his A4!

Last edited by manson : 24th October 2021 at 23:41.
manson is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 25th October 2021, 22:01   #252
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post

Good to catchup with Kushal this morning. The man has some serious eye for detail and has sweet personal touches on the interiors of his A4!
Hey, it was indeed a Sunday morning well spent, what better could two auto enthusiast do other than driving and discussing cars

That occasional burst was a long pending adrenaline rush I was waiting to experience from this blue beauty.

We also learnt that no two twins are 100% same. As we spotted some difference between our twin A4's
Name:  ffff.jpg
Views: 1068
Size:  52.2 KB

Thanx for your kind words Manson.
Next time lets plan for larger blue siblings meet up.

Last edited by goenkakushal : 25th October 2021 at 22:08.
goenkakushal is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th October 2021, 00:13   #253
BHPian

Quote:
Top gear cruising with occasional bursts have always made my Sunday mornings special.
Photos look rad! Too bad, I had to sit this one out, but definitely look forward to joining in on one of these express A4 mornings in the future!

Meanwhile, sharing photos from a couple of recent monsoon see off trips in and around the hills of Mahabaleshwar and Jawhar. This car continues to evoke a very very special feeling everytime I get in it
Attached Thumbnails
2021 Audi A4 launched at Rs. 42.34 lakh-pxl_20211014_0658488922.jpg  

2021 Audi A4 launched at Rs. 42.34 lakh-pxl_20211014_0646448222.jpg  

2021 Audi A4 launched at Rs. 42.34 lakh-pxl_20211014_063102854.jpg  

2021 Audi A4 launched at Rs. 42.34 lakh-pxl_20211003_0607139492.jpg  

2021 Audi A4 launched at Rs. 42.34 lakh-pxl_20211004_0753315312.jpg  

2021 Audi A4 launched at Rs. 42.34 lakh-pxl_20211003_0830286592.jpg  

ostreichwein is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 26th October 2021, 15:34   #254
BHPian

Quote:
Sorry guys!

I just happen to read your private message for Audi drive together. I was not in town (Maldives ).

Let's plan soon, I'm up for the drive together.
Old 27th October 2021, 19:51   #255
BHPian

Quote:
The White with brown interiors looks fabulous. I just swapped my 10 year old A4 2 TFSI for the 330Li M Sport First Edition with the same combination. Much easier to maintain IMHO. Even after 10 years she looked as gorgeous as when I got her home in 2011. This deal you're getting is superb. Don't miss out on this.

Last edited by manson : 27th October 2021 at 21:17. Reason: Fixed quote.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks