Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 31st December 2021, 16:50   #346
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gungax View Post
Congratulations on your new car. I tried following instruction to connect the MMI wirelessly. Unfortunately it did not work. The Carplay is strictly by wire only. Will need to get a dongle to make it wireless.

The MMI in india doesn't get hotspot function which is required for wireless CarPlay.
Thanks for the wishes! Though I rarely use Airplay, just wanted to make sure I am not the only one having to use a wire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post

Ditto for me. I was offered a 320D luxury line for a 11.5 lac delta but it was way too much of a stretch and there would be half a chance that we would not be able to hold on to the car beyond 10 years if at all we would like to.
Thanks for the wishes! I spent almost 48 hours negotiating with the BMW sales person, who turned out to be from the same part of Punjab as I am from. He jovially told me that even the higher-ups in the dealership have instructed that they are not to be disturbed for any additional discounts than the meagre ones being offered. A friend of mine who has a BMW GT told me it is all about timing; in 2018 they were sitting on piles of cars so 10L discounts were quite achievable. Well, Audi it was then. Am happy with this choice, a very nice overall refined package oozing with tech!

Last edited by manson : 31st December 2021 at 18:26.
Old 31st December 2021, 18:30   #347
Team-BHP Support

Re: 2021 Audi A4 launched at Rs. 42.34 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishek3030 View Post
Though I rarely use Airplay, just wanted to make sure I am not the only one having to use a wire.
The A4 is our first car with Android Auto and whilst I didn't think much of it when I was shortlisting cars I'm pretty hooked to it now that I've used it a few times in the past month or so. If you intend to use Airplay often I'd suggest leaving a cable plugged in permanently as connecting a USB cable in the port is a bit tedious due to its location.
manson is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2021, 20:38   #348
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gungax View Post
Congratulations on your new car. I tried following instruction to connect the MMI wirelessly. Unfortunately it did not work. The Carplay is strictly by wire only. Will need to get a dongle to make it wireless.

The MMI in india doesn't get hotspot function which is required for wireless CarPlay.
Quote:
Thanks for the wishes! Though I rarely use Airplay, just wanted to make sure I am not the only one having to use a wire.
Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
The A4 is our first car with Android Auto and whilst I didn't think much of it when I was shortlisting cars I'm pretty hooked to it now that I've used it a few times in the past month or so. If you intend to use Airplay often I'd suggest leaving a cable plugged in permanently as connecting a USB cable in the port is a bit tedious due to its location.
Curiosity getting piqued, doesn’t the Audi Phonebox feature address both the wireless charging and connectivity bit?

From one of the sites:-
The Phonebox not only supports wireless charging but also connects the smartphone wirelessly to the infotainment system giving access to Android Auto and Apple CarPlay connectivity functions. This saves the hassle of carrying the connecting chargers and cables along.
Old 31st December 2021, 20:44   #349

Quote:
Hi fellow BHP-ians, posting on the forum after long. I picked up the A4 Technology variant in Terra Grey metallic color in the middle of November.
Congrats buddy, looks like we have quite in common

Yes, no wireless apple car play here..330li had wireless, so that's another thing you can miss apart from that famed acceleration!

Have kept a lightening cable permanently in phonebox for wired car play
Pramodbhaskar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st December 2021, 21:51   #350
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshMachine View Post
Curiosity getting piqued, doesn’t the Audi Phonebox feature address both the wireless charging and connectivity bit?

From one of the sites:-
The Phonebox not only supports wireless charging but also connects the smartphone wirelessly to the infotainment system giving access to Android Auto and Apple CarPlay connectivity functions. This saves the hassle of carrying the connecting chargers and cables along.
Please give me till tomorrow morning to get my full review live. In the mean time, happy to answer any questions as best I can.

No wireless connectivity other than bluetooth in the Indian model. By removing some features, and retaining others, Audi has created a miss match which we have to solve.

Last edited by gungax : 31st December 2021 at 21:55.
gungax is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st January 2022, 08:57   #351
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pramodbhaskar View Post
Congrats buddy, looks like we have quite in common

Yes, no wireless apple car play here..330li had wireless, so that's another thing you can miss apart from that famed acceleration!

Have kept a lightening cable permanently in phonebox for wired car play
Looks like we do ... yep 330Li has it, but in all honesty I rarely use Car play; the standard connectivity works just fine as Apple music is very easily accessible from the MMI in a nice classic way.
Old 2nd January 2022, 18:24   #352
BHPian

I had the opportunity to attend AUDI EXPERIENCE - CLASSIC WEEKEND
Venue JIO DRIVE IN theater Showing 007- No Time To Die
2021 Audi A4 launched at Rs. 42.34 lakh-whatsapp-image-20220102-3.07.24-pm-1.jpeg
This was my second experience at a drive in theater. As a kid I remember visiting this drive in theater near Kalanagar, that was more than 20 Yrs back. That makes Jio the 2nd drive-in theater in Mumbai.

This theater is Managed by PVR and located on rooftop of Jio world drive.
You can sit in the vehicle and tune your FM to 88.5Mhz or even sit outside the vehicle as they have big speakers in the open.

While you are seated comfortably in your car watching the movie and tuned into the local FM. The biggest irritant is the sound from those big speakers outside which enter the car's cabin in spite of having windows closed. As the sound from FM has delay you end up hearing the outside speakers first and then from your cars FM , its feels kind of echo.

There were many A4 and off course most were in our favorite colour Navarra Blue,
coincidently they were standing adjacent to each other.
Birds of a feather flock together 5 Navarra Blue A4 in a single frame.(I know colour is not clearly visible but you need to trust me )
2021 Audi A4 launched at Rs. 42.34 lakh-5-a4.jpeg
Those beautiful eyes
2021 Audi A4 launched at Rs. 42.34 lakh-whatsapp-image-20220102-3.03.14-pm.jpeg
2021 Audi A4 launched at Rs. 42.34 lakh-whatsapp-image-20220102-3.07.23-pm.jpeg

A few of the vehicles were owned by Audi and were probably lent to media house for promotions.
2021 Audi A4 launched at Rs. 42.34 lakh-whatsapp-image-20220102-3.07.24-pm.jpeg
There was the Audi Etron which was being used by Autocar India guys, there was a A5 Sports back , Q8 , A3 convertible etc.
2021 Audi A4 launched at Rs. 42.34 lakh-whatsapp-image-20220102-3.07.22-pm.jpeg
Vehicles were maintaining social distance.

Audi had organized the event well, they even handed over gifted hampers to all guests and had organised snacks and cola for all. I must say the burger served was really very fresh, Crisp and hot.
I definitely had fun at the event. Thanks to the lovely Vivid beauties around me, I enjoyed drooling over the cars more than the movie itself.
I can visit again for the burger if not for the movie.
Sorry for late post event was on 13th Nov 2021 Event was on
Attached Thumbnails
2021 Audi A4 launched at Rs. 42.34 lakh-whatsapp-image-20220102-3.07.24-pm-2.jpeg  

Last edited by goenkakushal : 2nd January 2022 at 18:35.
goenkakushal is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2022, 09:06   #353
Senior - BHPian

Audi India sales double in 2021 after 3-year decline

Am sure Audi India would like to thank its patrons from this thread, for helping them reach this target

Highlights:
* 100% growth in sales in 2021 where volumes doubled to 3,293 units against 1,639 units sold in 2020.

* benefited from higher disposable incomes in the hands of the consumers, spending on travel and recreation went down due to covid restrictions, thus diverting the surplus towards purchase of luxury products

* this is the first time after three years where the company’s numbers have moved up strongly.

* Dhillon, Head of Audi India said: In 2021, we managed to launch nine new cars, which included five electrics under the eTron badge and the A4 sedan and Q5 SUV. This will be followed up with other models such as the the Q7 and Q3 SUVs. This will help us post a double-digit growth even this year.

Source

Mod Note: BHPian gungax's 2021 Audi A4 Technology Ownership Review has been taken live at this link. Please continue the discussion over on the new thread. Thanks!

Last edited by Aditya : 3rd January 2022 at 10:06. Reason: Link to ownership review added
JoshMachine is offline   (4) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks