Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th August 2021, 10:43   #61
BHPian

Re: 2021 Audi A4 launched at Rs. 42.34 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by cataclysm View Post
I was quoted 41 lakhs for A4 Technology variant and 56 lakhs for A6 Technology variant. Both OTR.
when was this and which city?
Old 11th August 2021, 11:25   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FamilyTraveller View Post
when was this and which city?
Yesterday. Chandigarh.
cataclysm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2021, 17:26   #63
BHPian

Hi. I picked the A4 technology last week. I’ve been advised to use speed97 only. Can someone throw some light on this pls. Do I stick to it, is it something that Audi says and what happens if I don’t find speed97 every time specially when travelling outside.
Old 22nd August 2021, 17:40   #64
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisiddiqui View Post
Hi. I picked the A4 technology last week. I’ve been advised to use speed97 only.
You should look at below thread-

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...ml#post5068051 (The Fuel Additives Thread)

Speed97 is little difficult to get here and some people have observed a coloured deposit. Don’t know for sure if it hurts in anyway.

Your choice should be XP-95, everything else looks expensive so this should be what you should be having too. A4 recommended will be 95 octane most likely.
Turbanator is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2021, 23:49   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi. I picked the A4 technology last week. I’ve been advised to use speed97 only. Can someone throw some light on this pls. Do I stick to it, is it something that Audi says and what happens if I don’t find speed97 every time specially when travelling outside.
What was the final price? And what was quoted for Premium plus incase you contemplated that as well. One of my friend is considering..
Old 23rd August 2021, 06:35   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_Automobile View Post
What was the final price? And what was quoted for Premium plus incase you contemplated that as well. One of my friend is considering..
You can have the PP for under 40. I can connect you with the sales person if you aren’t getting a better deal. Let me know.
Alisiddiqui is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2021, 13:15   #67
BHPian

Quote:
You can have the PP for under 40. I can connect you with the sales person if you aren’t getting a better deal. Let me know.
How much did you pay for the technology variant? Also any idea about offers on the Q2?
Old 23rd August 2021, 14:55   #68
BHPian

Picked up the A4 Premium Plus (blue + beige) after evaluating Kushaq, Seltos, Alcazar, Compass, Carnival, Octavia, Superb, Merc A & C & BMW 330i. Got it for 39 OTR all inclusive (incl TCS & accessories) in Rajkot, Gujarat. Super happy with the purchase overall.

-Superb looks & stance - much better IMO than 330i, whose grill & silhouette I find odd (no offense to 330i owners / fans)
-Effortlessly punchy performance - not sure to what extent the mild hybrid tech is responsible - but its much better than NA V6 in our 2010 C250
-Exceptional ride, much better than our C250 & 2014 Octavia
-Excellent NVH - filters not just engine noise but also traffic etc
-Great combo of analog dials and high-res screen in the center console, which I prefer to all digital
-Excellent build & material quality throughout
-Apple Car Play is great
-Premium Plus gets most must-have features - IIRC Technology only adds memory seats, digital center display, 360 view - for several lacs more

Dislikes:
-Apple Car Play is wired - plugging in the phone every single time is annoying
-Audio is good for the front passengers, but is boomy at the rear where vocals seem subdued - overall sound quality is well below the Harmon Kardon in the C250
-Rear cam is helpful but front cam / 360 view is missed
-AC can chill but the auto settings are very conservative - either need to set low temps, or increase fan speed
-Some minor stuff in the C250 felt more sorted - eg the A4 front parking sensor beeps on my office parking ramp, which the C250 never did

Overall , I think at the moment this is the best car on the market for <40L. The best I could negotiate on the 330i Sport was 46L OTR - for our use (90% city driving on Rajkot roads) I couldn’t justify 7-8L extra for it. Merc C quoted 50+. If you’re considering any car that’s 25+, and can stretch a bit, I recommend test driving the A4!
sohels is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2021, 15:09   #69
Senior - BHPian

Does an A6 tech variant with 2 years extended warranty and 4 years service package included sound ok with 70L OTR? This is at Bangalore.
Old 23rd August 2021, 15:55   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagpatel View Post
How much did you pay for the technology variant? Also any idea about offers on the Q2?
Q2 being offered at decent discounts too. I didn’t go deep but was offered 34 for premium with sunroof I think. If I recall right. A4 tech was early 40s with extended warranty.
Alisiddiqui is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2021, 16:25   #71
BHPian

Hi guys,

Please do share your ownership and buying experience with us all soon.
Also what swayed your decision towards A4 instead of the other Germans and how is it compared to the superb.

Thanks in advance.
Old 23rd August 2021, 22:49   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrolhead777 View Post
Hi guys,

Please do share your ownership and buying experience with us all soon.
Also what swayed your decision towards A4 instead of the other Germans and how is it compared to the superb.

Thanks in advance.
I’m a new owner. Just a week and 500 kms. I drove all three. I’m 41. I ride a 114ci Harley for my speed thrills and was driving a petrol auto crysta to keep family comfortable. Have had 4 VWs upto Vento so far which included a GT TSI too.

I hated the c class as the engine was not exciting, was short on space and I don’t like the rounded rear.

The 330li was good but didn’t justify the 30% price difference from the A4. Plus I didn’t like the driving position, my feet fouled with the pedals and I didn’t find the seat comfortable.

The A4 was love in one go. I had a look the morning of the TD and the TD sealed the deal. I love the proportions and all angles are good looking. The ride is the best and it’s really very quiet. Rides on regular tires so don’t have to worry about RFTs. The power was good, interiors well made. The price was the cherry on the top. That sealed it for me. I’m loving it so far. Plan to put more miles and then maybe share more details on the ownership.

I hope this helps.
Alisiddiqui is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2021, 22:52   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Update. Audi recommends 95 octane and was confirmed from the fuel cap too. IOC has xp95 which is easily available in Gurgoan. Just got the second tank filled up and not very expensive also since is 4 rs more expensive than regular petrol.
Old 23rd August 2021, 23:52   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
Does an A6 tech variant with 2 years extended warranty and 4 years service package included sound ok with 70L OTR? This is at Bangalore.
This translates to approx 10 lakhs in total discounts. Could you please confirm if this is correct based on Actual on road price + extended warranty price + service pack price?
A6 is not selling high numbers in Bangalore. Try to negotiate another 4 - 5 lakhs, then it will be a really worthy deal. It will be like paying slightly more than C class or 3 series but buying the next segment luxury car.
Paying 70 lakhs on A6, you will observe lot of depreciation during resale. Depends if you are planning to hold the vehicle for several years then the impact would be minimum. But if sold in 2 - 3 years can expect 30 - 40% depreciation easily.
nikhil_pon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2021, 13:35   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrolhead777 View Post
Re Germans, IMO A4 has the best ride and refinement in its class.

330i is faster, but I couldn't get a quote <46L, so too much of a stretch. And this is subjective, but I wasn't a fan of the looks.

Merc A petrol is lackluster and diesel is 45L+ (or more). It felt too small. Merc C is at the end of its life and yet they're not offering any significant discounts - I was quoted >50L.

Also test drove the S60 - loved the looks, but performance felt uninspiring, interiors were only available in black, and the best I was quoted was close to 50L.

Superb is a good car and I quite like the blue, but it felt too similar inside and out to our 2014 Octavia which we bought for ~20L. Superb L&K is almost twice the cost at 38-39L (I'm not a fan of the Sportline) which I didn't think made sense for us. If we didn't have the Octavia, maybe it would have been more attractive.

Compared to the A4, the Superb offers more space, especially at the back. However, A4 undoubtedly feels more premium - be it the hush in the cabin, the ride, material quality, etc. I like to think I'm not a sucker for badge value, but I do find myself smiling as I walk upto the A4.
sohels is offline   (11) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks