Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th August 2021, 19:46   #91
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: 2021 Audi A4 launched at Rs. 42.34 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
^^

The reason I like the A4 is it meets all my requirements and is also within my budget (after price reduction and discounts), but I am only worried about the GC.

Will the new Q3/X1 cost higher than the A4? I am not sure because I don't have a lot of scope to increase my budget further.
Ground clearance for most part should be ok. Take an extended test drive on bad roads in your city and over mountainous speed breakers that you may encounter regularly and check.
Keep a full load of passengers.

New Q3/X1 would be priced close to the GLA at launch with discounts trickling in slowly (6-12 months from launch in case of poor sales and excess supply).
Old 30th August 2021, 20:00   #92
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
^^

Now, I am again getting confused
The reason I like the A4 is it meets all my requirements and is also within my budget (after price reduction and discounts), but I am only worried about the GC.
Does the A4 come with good underbody protection?

Will the new Q3/X1 cost higher than the A4? I am not sure because I don't have a lot of scope to increase my budget further.
It depends on your confidence and risk appetite. For me a sedan as the primary highway car was not an option. I just didn't want to be worried when going somewhere new. So far I have taken my Kodiaq to some homestays and resorts nearby Bangalore that involved plenty of trails, water wading, villages with crazy speed breakers and in general bad highway stretches.

I could have cleared many of them in a sedan but the fear and tension when going to these places was just not worth it for me. I wanted to enjoy the trip without worrying about whether my car can reach.

I later on did buy a pre owned 3 series along with the Kodiaq and that is more weekend toy than family touring SUV. I just take it gently over poor roads as I have seen that 18 inch wheels and low profile tyres are easy to damage by a single pot hole miss. This is nerve racking sometimes.

In conclusion, the sedans can go to most of the places but it depends on how much you stress out over taking them.
Vid6639 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 30th August 2021, 20:41   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
I later on did buy a pre owned 3 series along with the Kodiaq and that is more weekend toy than family touring SUV. I just take it gently over poor roads as I have seen that 18 inch wheels and low profile tyres are easy to damage by a single pot hole miss. This is nerve racking sometimes.
“ Off topic” - Wait a minute! How did this per-owned 3 series thing come into picture? How much action have we missed? Carry on - tell us more

Last edited by Vid6639 : 30th August 2021 at 21:28. Reason: quote tag :)
Abhi_Automobile is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th August 2021, 21:31   #94
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_Automobile View Post
“ Off topic” - Wait a minute! How did this per-owned 3 series thing come into picture? How much action have we missed? Carry on - tell us more
Haha. Fellow member Robimahanta 328i was up for sale and was too irresistible to resist. Picked it up 4-5 months ago.

I was asking him when he would sell but he wasnt changing so I got the Kodiaq. The 3 would be too impractical so I figured will look at a used 3 later on. But I had to prepone the purchase after he booked M340i and I wanted that petrol 328i badly vs waiting 3-4 years for the G20 to hit used car market at lower prices.
Vid6639 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 30th August 2021, 21:51   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Haha. Fellow member Robimahanta 328i was up for sale and was too irresistible to resist. Picked it up 4-5 months ago.

I was asking him when he would sell but he wasnt changing so I got the Kodiaq. The 3 would be too impractical so I figured will look at a used 3 later on. But I had to prepone the purchase after he booked M340i and I wanted that petrol 328i badly vs waiting 3-4 years for the G20 to hit used car market at lower prices.
“Continuing off-topic” (because not sure where to post) Beautiful. The Kodiaq and 328i make for an irresistible combo. Which one did you let go - is the Ecosport around? And Altis?

Congrats bro. I recently got myself a 3 GL - and will be looking for a rugged SUV down the line to replace my now 7 yrs young Jetta TDI. So, in a way looking for similar combo!!

What do we need to do push Mods! to start ownership threads? ��

Last edited by Abhi_Automobile : 30th August 2021 at 21:53.
Abhi_Automobile is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th August 2021, 21:53   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Does the A4 come with good underbody protection?
Let me add my 2 cents. I use a Jetta DSG and have done about 15k kms since buying it. I drive to TPT from BLR atleast 3 times a year and Jetta is used for it, the road was under construction until recently and I had to take detours involving no/poor roads with deep potholes.

Each time my car had 5+luggage it would scrape no matter how careful I was, but I guess 5+luggage is too much even for a MUV.

With 4+luggage in the last December drive to TPT, I had to take a deviation for about 4 kms which involved driving through fields with narrow roads that resembled jungle safari tracks and deep potholes on either side. I had to get off the road on a few occasions to make way for oncoming traffic but my car never scraped anywhere in that stretch.

However, if I'd to buy one today, I'd pick a Tiguan/Kodiaq over a Jetta/Octavia anyday. I may lose out on some driving pleasure, but with the added GC the road conditions simply don't bother you anymore and as you are seated a little higher, the visibility is much better than in a sedan. If you can, go with the Q3 or X1 they're better suited for family touring than a sedan.
shashank.nk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st August 2021, 01:10   #97
BHPian

Hi folks. Firstly, sincere thanks to this vibrant community that I got to know of the massive discounts Audi is currently offering on A4.

So we were in the hunt for a new car since a few months, and were deliberating between Skoda Superb Sportline and the Octavia L&K, that is until we got to know of the aforementioned massive Audi discount party.

Got quotes of the A4 premium Plus at around 42 lacs OTR Mumbai initially, and hard negotiated them down to around 39 lacs OTR Mumbai, at which price it was way too delicious :-)

Booked today, and expecting delivery in a couple of weeks.

Would love to know your thoughts on this pricing (we tried very hard to close Technology at 40 lacs OTR, but they wouldn't budge below 43.5). Considering our initial budget of 35 lacs, the premium Plus at ~ 39 lacs was itself a stretch, hence didn't opt for the technology variant.

Hope this also helps prospective Mumbai A4 buyers.
ostreichwein is offline   (58) Thanks
Old 31st August 2021, 08:37   #98
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post
However, if I'd to buy one today, I'd pick a Tiguan/Kodiaq over a Jetta/Octavia anyday. I may lose out on some driving pleasure, but with the added GC the road conditions simply don't bother you anymore and as you are seated a little higher, the visibility is much better than in a sedan. If you can, go with the Q3 or X1 they're better suited for family touring than a sedan.
One of the reasons why sedans are dying in India. But from the German trio I would actually pickup a petrol sedan than a crossover. Sedan counterpart of crossover actually feels more premium and driving dynamics are great. Their crossover to me are neither here nor there, but are practical. Audi actually did the right thing with sedans by launching petrol only options.
If you want badge and premium driving experience, petrol sedan is the one to go for unless it's a V6 diesel. Yes you will lose out on practicality and may not be able take it everywhere without being worried.
PrideRed is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 1st September 2021, 15:35   #99
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ostreichwein View Post
Would love to know your thoughts on this pricing
Your negotiation has been bang on point. We closed the booking with the Audi Mumbai West dealership for a Navarra Blue Premium Plus with those lovely Okapi Brown interiors at 39 Lacs OTR Mumbai over the weekend as well. What color did you get yours in?

Quote:
hence didn't opt for the technology variant.
Same boat as you on the budget but as a matter of choice I felt the silver aluminum inserts would be relatively scratch resistant compared to the sexy but impossible to upkeep lacquer black ones on the Technology variant due to which we did not seriously consider it.
manson is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 1st September 2021, 15:40   #100
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
We closed the booking with the Audi Mumbai West dealership for a Navarra Blue Premium Plus with those lovely Okapi Brown interiors at 39 Lacs OTR Mumbai.
Congratulations on your Audi , for 39Lakhs the A4 is an absolute steal, even cheaper than the Skoda Superb L&K.
CEF_Beasts is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 1st September 2021, 16:20   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
We closed the booking with the Audi Mumbai West dealership for a Navarra Blue Premium Plus with those lovely Okapi Brown interiors at 39 Lacs OTR Mumbai over the weekend as well. What color did you get yours in?
Congratulations on your purchase!

So wife called shots on the exterior colour and I had my say on the interiors, and interestingly, we ended up selecting the exact same combination of Navarra Blue + Okapi Brown as you did! The blue looks fantastic in my opinion, and dark brown interiors make it look luxurious.

Booked ours through Audi Mumbai West too, and have requested for delivery on Sept 10. We got the extended warranty (2 + 3 years), floor mats and ceramic coating included in this price.
ostreichwein is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 1st September 2021, 17:53   #102
BHPian

Just wanted to check what will be the upkeep and maintenance of an Audi A4. I am in market and am sort of decided on Jeep Compass. However, INR 39 lakhs for A4 looks very mouth watering and I am now thinking whether I should consider an A4 even though its Sun V Moon.

Also, any other point which I should consider?
youknowitbetter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2021, 17:59   #103
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
We got the extended warranty (2 + 3 years), floor mats and ceramic coating included in this price.
Stellar deal, especially the extended 3 years warranty cover! We just about managed to get the mats, car cover and logo flood lights in the price. Needless to say I will be opting for the 2+3 years extended warranty at the added price in the coming weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by youknowitbetter View Post
Just wanted to check what will be the upkeep and maintenance of an Audi A4. I am in market and am sort of decided on Jeep Compass. However, INR 39 lakhs for A4 looks very mouth watering and I am now thinking whether I should consider an A4 even though its Sun V Moon.

Also, any other point which I should consider?
From general perspective I've gathered annual service costs will be in the 30-40K/year range for the first 4-5 years and probably 80-100K/year over the next 4-5 years. Coincidentally I had considered the Compass last month as well but did not find the ride quality comfortable for my back. For everything else you can't go wrong with either of the cars. The A4 clearly is much better built, but the Compass provides many advantages such as better ground clearance, 4 x 4, full sized sunroof, great sound system, etc. without compromising too much on the overall building quality apart from some plastics which seemed low rent.

Last edited by manson : 1st September 2021 at 18:10.
manson is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 1st September 2021, 18:15   #104
BHPian

Wow, a sudden spurt of interest in the A4, and rightly so! The pricing after discounts is bang on and none of the direct competition is within 10L of it.
If Audi stays this aggressive with discounts and gets the Q3 in soon, it'll not take too long to regain its previous position in the market.
thechinmay is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st September 2021, 18:18   #105
BHPian

Thanks for a prompt response.. 2 additional points (I am quite excited at the moment!):

1. Do you think A4 will be phased out any time soon? The reason I am asking this is because A3 is stated to be launched next month and I should be similarly priced and q3 is supposed to be launched in Nov and I am hoping it should be priced of few lakhs higher. all in all, should I wait it out to see A3 and Q3?

2. can you share the contact details of the relevant sales person at Audi? So that I can get in touch with right person.
youknowitbetter is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks