Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th September 2021, 19:45   #121
Team-BHP Support

Re: 2021 Audi A4 launched at Rs. 42.34 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by manish84 View Post
If A4 and Superb L&K are priced similar, would A4 be a no brainer? Or should one weigh the luxury brand versus the overall cost of ownership and resale value?
The A4 features a better drive and much nicer interiors coupled with a relatively fresher design inside out whereas the Superb has the advantage in terms of larger boot space, cabin room and ventilated seats. With the ongoing discounts on both the cars, the Superb L&K is about a lac cheaper than the A4 Premium Plus right at the purchase point and should save another couple of lacs from cheaper spares and service costs over 6-10 years of ownership. Quite frankly if fuel consumption isn't an issue one can't go wrong with either side of the coin on this one.

Sharing a comparison of their respective estate versions for a more detailed idea:

Last edited by manson : 4th September 2021 at 19:46.
manson is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 4th September 2021, 23:29   #122
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sampadroy View Post
Absolutely!
The Audi Q2 is just a temporary
Did you check out the A4 as well? I saw the PP variant today in white freshly delivered and it looked nice. The large grill is something I am not able to digest though. If the Premium Plus is 39L OTR in Mumbai, it should be around 37L in Kolkata right?
Old 5th September 2021, 14:03   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ostreichwein View Post
Hope this also helps prospective Mumbai A4 buyers.
Kudos! That’s a deal that would put a smile on anyone’s face.
My sincere congratulations on your new vehicle. Happy riding!

As someone looking around with a 25-30L budget without a clue on what to pick, I’m officially tempted to just visit the Audi showroom for a test drive and enquire on their discounts and compare it with Mercedes Benz over their A or C Class. However, as much as my heart yearns, my mind hits the brakes. Lol.
Lord-Lannister is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th September 2021, 21:17   #124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
Did you check out the A4 as well? I saw the PP variant today in white freshly delivered and it looked nice. The large grill is something I am not able to digest though. If the Premium Plus is 39L OTR in Mumbai, it should be around 37L in Kolkata right?
Did you try and check for A4 quotes in Delhi/NCR? 37lacs for a premium plus looks like a steal. I would love crossover that a sedan though.

I had postponed my car upgrade plans when Covid started. I do think Q3 might make more sense for me, however, even if it launches in next 2-3 months... any chances of good deals would come around next festive season, which I might still manage with all that itch. Q3 might be, on paper, 4-5 lacs cheaper than A4 but launch of Q3 might bump up prices of A4. And, if A3 also comes in the picture, forget getting an A4 anything less than 42-43 lacs next year. So much dilemma.
Old 7th September 2021, 22:40   #125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
Yes, I did!
In fact, we had almost finalized to get one this December. I was up for the Technology variant if it was available at the 40/41L OTR mark.
Unfortunately, we have to postpone our purchase due to some other important plans...

You see, the Mumbai and the Delhi-NCR Audi dealers are the most aggressive in India and only they offer the best prices.
The Kolkata dealer doesn't even have a proper designated showroom and honestly, Audi is having a hard time in Kolkata. In the last 5/6 months, I haven't been able to spot a single new Audi here, in South Kolkata.
Also, the Kolkata dealer (Category B Dealer) is not that aggressive, and as a result 37L OTR for the A4 PP is really difficult. Max they might do is 39/40 and mind you, I am being optimistic here.
The fun part is that Audi Kolkata is owned by Motherson Group, who in fact owns Audi Delhi West, one of the most aggressive dealers of Audi in India, currently.

I was in talks with the Delhi West Dealer, Gurgaon Dealer, and also the Mumbai West Dealer (all Category A Dealers) because I had decided on getting my car from some other state (depending on the discounts) and then registering it here in Kolkata.

I hadn't haggled hard with the Kolkata dealer but I am very sure they wouldn't be able to match what the other Category A dealers would have offered me. In fact, they had openly stated that those Category A dealers would always offer better prices than what they could offer me in Kolkata, and when I had informed them about the Mumbai OTR prices, they were clueless and said that maybe I've mistaken somewhere.
Old 7th September 2021, 22:51   #126
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidR View Post
Did you try and check for A4 quotes in Delhi/NCR? 37lacs for a premium plus looks like a steal. I would love crossover that a sedan though.

I had postponed my car upgrade plans when Covid started. I do think Q3 might make more sense for me, however, even if it launches in next 2-3 months... any chances of good deals would come around next festive season, which I might still manage with all that itch. Q3 might be, on paper, 4-5 lacs cheaper than A4 but launch of Q3 might bump up prices of A4. And, if A3 also comes in the picture, forget getting an A4 anything less than 42-43 lacs next year. So much dilemma.
I was offered 41L for A4 PP without much haggle from Audi Gurgaon, a few days back. If you're interested, we can haggle together and hence might be able to get it at 36L or so (that's honestly my budget, so keeping fingers crossed). They seemed pretty willing to meet some targets.
Audi West said they had no stocks for A4 PP :(
Old 8th September 2021, 12:57   #127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaskiratarora15 View Post
I was offered 41L for A4 PP without much haggle from Audi Gurgaon, a few days back. If you're interested, we can haggle together and hence might be able to get it at 36L or so (that's honestly my budget, so keeping fingers crossed). They seemed pretty willing to meet some targets.
Audi West said they had no stocks for A4 PP :(
41lac without much hagging is good, I am sure they can be squeezed more. I am not in NCR right now, recently moved down south to be away from all the hussle bussle for 6 or more months. That's why I am content with waiting for Q3. These deals on A4 are mouth watering but I might not be able to do it as of now. Too many moving parts for me. I appreciate you reaching out
Old 8th September 2021, 15:14   #128
BHPian

These kind of deep discounts, only increases the likelihood of future customers for current cars and new launches (Q3 etc) to wait it out and then take the plunge at the opportunate time, the prices as being quoted on the forum, its great for enthusiasts, however I wonder what year ending prices would be if these are current levels of pricing??
Old 8th September 2021, 15:23   #129
Senior - BHPian

Though I am more or less decided on the Q3, I am getting more and more tempted by the A4 given the discounts. Any idea on when the Q3 is expected and what would be the pricing range, with respect to the A4?
Old 8th September 2021, 16:18   #130
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
Though I am more or less decided on the Q3, I am getting more and more tempted by the A4 given the discounts. Any idea on when the Q3 is expected and what would be the pricing range, with respect to the A4?
The A4 really is a great self drive option compared to the Q3 if you can live with the lower Ground Clearance. It is a segment higher so interior quality & the likes ought to be better.
The Q3 would be my pick if it's going to the chauffeur because they tend to abuse the car more than an enthusiast owner, but for self driving - a little care is needed but unless you really face an issue with speed breakers and poor roads - the A4 could be a better car to live with.

Q3 would be launched at X1 / GLA pricing, and then the discounts would trickle in. If you're ok with an older model - the X1 could be a good option year end when discounts increase.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSAM View Post
These kind of deep discounts, only increases the likelihood of future customers for current cars and new launches (Q3 etc) to wait it out and then take the plunge at the opportunate time, the prices as being quoted on the forum, its great for enthusiasts, however I wonder what year ending prices would be if these are current levels of pricing??
Sadly they are the segment norm for slower selling models / soon to be discontinued models.
Be it Audi, Mercedes, Lexus, or BMW.

That being said, I doubt they would reduce pricing significantly further during year end, or so.
lamborghini is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2021, 16:20   #131

Quote:
Originally Posted by ostreichwein View Post

Hope this also helps prospective Mumbai A4 buyers.
Congratulations buddy!! Can you please share the name of your sales consultant or better still his/her contact details?

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
Stellar deal, especially the extended 3 years warranty cover! We just about managed to get the mats, car cover and logo flood lights in the price. Needless to say I will be opting for the 2+3 years extended warranty at the added price in the coming weeks.
I understand that both you and ostreichwein booked at the same dealership. I wonder if the subtle difference in the final deals is due to having different sales consultant or pure timing?

Last edited by manson : 8th September 2021 at 21:26.
smokyace is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th September 2021, 22:31   #132
BHPian

Quote:
Any idea on when the Q3 is expected and what would be the pricing range, with respect to the A4?
As per my sources, the Audi Q3 is expected to arrive next year, most probably in March and the deliveries may start from April.
Audi has already decided the lineup of their launches and apparently, Audi has the Q7, Q5, and the A3 coming in before the Q3.

Talking about the launch price, it may start from 39/40L and might go up till 44L (all ex-showroom prices) for the top-end Technology variant, before the industry famous "Audi discounts".
Rest assured the ex-showroom prices will be slightly lower than the equivalent petrol variants of BMW X1 and Mercedes GLA.
sampadroy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th September 2021, 10:38   #133
BHPian

Quote:
Q3 is likely to be launched around the end of this year. My SA said it could be even Jan/Feb 2022 depending on the semiconductor shortage situation.

I think discounts will be less initially as Audi expects good demand for Q3. They already have a lot of inquiries flowing in.
Old 9th September 2021, 10:48   #134
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sampadroy View Post
As per my sources, the Audi Q3 is expected to arrive next year, most probably in March and the deliveries may start from April.
Audi has already decided the lineup of their launches and apparently, Audi has the Q7, Q5, and the A3 coming in before the Q3.

Talking about the launch price, it may start from 39/40L and might go up till 44L (all ex-showroom prices) for the top-end Technology variant, before the industry famous "Audi discounts".
Rest assured the ex-showroom prices will be slightly lower than the equivalent petrol variants of BMW X1 and Mercedes GLA.
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_skyliner View Post
Q3 is likely to be launched around the end of this year. My SA said it could be even Jan/Feb 2022 depending on the semiconductor shortage situation.

I think discounts will be less initially as Audi expects good demand for Q3. They already have a lot of inquiries flowing in.
My idea is that Q3 will be launched in Q4 2021, may be the deliveries will start in Q1 2022. However, it is clear that Q3 will cost more than the A4 (considering the discounts) at least initially, even though the A4 is supposed to be positioned at a higher level than the Q3. So, unless someone is in a hurry, it will be probably be better to wait till Q4 2022 for buying the Q3. Please correct me if my understanding is incorrect.
For A4, I think this is a great time and frankly, I don't see any point in getting more greedy and waiting for more discounts.

Decisions are never easy, I guess.

Last edited by adimicra : 9th September 2021 at 10:55.
adimicra is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th September 2021, 15:23   #135
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Decisions are never easy, I guess.
Hope this helps

2021 Audi A4 launched at Rs. 42.34 lakh-img_20210906_130235_.jpg

2021 Audi A4 launched at Rs. 42.34 lakh-img_20210906_125806.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokyace View Post
I understand that both you and ostreichwein booked at the same dealership. I wonder if the subtle difference in the final deals is due to having different sales consultant or pure timing?
Maybe the timing, maybe better negotiation skills or maybe a bit of both

Last edited by manson : 9th September 2021 at 15:26.
manson is offline   (18) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks