Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st May 2021, 08:26   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Scoop! Honda India working on new Compact SUV

Honda to launch a ' Mystery' GLOBAL model on 3rd May .

Will it be the ZR-V? - The Compact SUV for India too?

Quote:
The words World Premiere" means this car is the first time it has appeared in the world
Honda Indonesia's Instagram account uploaded a teaser of the new car.

Scoop! Honda India working on new Compact SUV-c1.jpg

Scoop! Honda India working on new Compact SUV-capture.jpg
volkman10 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st May 2021, 13:24   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Honda to launch a ' Mystery' GLOBAL model on 3rd May .
From what I have read online, this is the new generation BRV.
Old 1st May 2021, 14:40   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by M00M View Post
From what I have read online, this is the new generation BRV.

Second photo of mystery model shown - maybe it's not a new Honda BR-V, but WR-V.

What could it be?

It's said to face the Toyota Raize and Daihatsu Rocky there, so think a roughly Perodua Ativa-sized car.

Quote:
The current-gen WR-V is sold in the Indian and South American markets, and it's already five years old - if it comes to Indonesia, we might be seeing a new generation.

Link
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2022, 12:08   #34
Senior - BHPian

More info on Honda's Amaze-based compact SUV

In early January, we had reported about Honda's plans to launch a compact SUV in the Indian market. Now, a new media report sheds some light on the brand's upcoming SUVs.

Name:  20220516043044_HONDACONCEPTRS_ACI.jpg
Views: 857
Size:  78.6 KB

Honda has not one, but two SUVs lined up for India. The first model is a compact SUV that is expected to debut in 2023. The Japanese brand also has a mid-size SUV in the pipeline. It is likely to be launched by 2024.

Reports suggest that the new compact SUV will be based on an updated version of the Amaze platform (PF2). Codenamed: 3US, the design of the new model is almost ready and the engineering work is also ongoing.

It is said that the new model could be offered with the 1.2-litre petrol and 1.5-litre diesel engines from the Amaze. The former is even said to get some form of hybridization.

The new compact SUV will replace the WR-V in Honda's lineup and will compete with the likes of the Hyundai Venue, Kia Sonet, Tata Nexon and the Maruti Brezza.

The second offering will be a mid-size SUV (codenamed: 3RA). It is said to be based on the PF2S platform. The Hyundai Creta-rivalling model is expected to share its electronics and powertrains with the City.

Source: Autocar India

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 19th May 2022 at 12:10.
TusharK is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 19th May 2022, 12:58   #35
BHPian

2024 for the mid-size. The perfect time to launch ICE vehicles when Tata launches the Curvv EV. They have a chance to be pioneers and go straight to EV, but nope.

Honda India will always be behind the curve
DeKay is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 19th May 2022, 13:43   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeKay View Post
2024 for the mid-size. The perfect time to launch ICE vehicles when Tata launches the Curvv EV. They have a chance to be pioneers and go straight to EV, but nope.

Honda India will always be behind the curve

Honda is the Internet Explorer of current times. Always way behind the "Curve". They were contemplating on the HRV for ages and the legend says they are still contemplating

Coming to the new launches, I don't expect them to bring anything new to the already crowded segment where the Koreans dominate and the 2 Japanese giants to follow. I want Honda to succeed but this looks like a herculean task. I would love to be proven wrong by them.
cediaowner is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 19th May 2022, 14:08   #37
BHPian

Yawn! It should be pretty obvious by now that Honda as a company has no interest in the passenger car Indian market. They have an entire arsenal of SUVs that they sell globally which can be a hit in the Indian market but they refuse to commit. All these news bits of launches in a couple of years etc are akin to hanging a carrot in front of the Indian customer. Instead of being aggressive and heavily localizing their Accord, CRV, Civic etc ,what do they do? Launch a 25L City hybrid.
yd_gli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2022, 14:52   #38
BHPian

At this jucture, the news of Honda launching new SUVs in India, is at least as amusing, if not more, than Spacex planning to launch a manned mission to Mars.

I'll believe this only when I see one in flesh, in a nearby Honda Showroom.
Old 19th May 2022, 15:01   #39
BHPian

Was this just a report or rumor from other media houses, or did Honda India confirmed anything on the same. Unless Honda India confirms, I would take it with a pinch of salt. My gut feeling is that, this may also go to the list of elusive models for India like Honda HR-V, Toyota Rush, Suzuki Jimny
sreejithkk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2022, 15:50   #40
BHPian

Too late Honda - a CSUV that too with 1.2L petrol?? How will this be different from WRV then? According to me, two main drawbacks of WRV - 1. Lame petrol engine 2. No Automatic transmission.

Honda should have bought their 1.0L turbo-petrol (i believe they have this in Thailand), or, possibly could have developed 1.2L+Turbo engine by now had they planned early. If Honda refuse to plonk their 1.5L petrol engine, the only option is to bring in powerful Turbo engines to compete in the market. If they indeed bring the same 1.2L in its current form, i'm afraid it may not find many takers - especially since competition has powerful offerings. In addition, they should introduce automatics in both petrol and diesel variants, else, i'm skeptical about the new model's success in Indian market.
VikramCS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2022, 16:42   #41
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by VikramCS View Post
a CSUV that too with 1.2L petrol?? How will this be different from WRV then?
Difference in cost of production as they will use different platforms. WR-V uses the City platform, while this new CSUV will use the cheaper Amaze platform.

Did I say difference in cost to customer? No - that is not going to happen, IMO. And seeing what Honda is doing in India, I am waiting for a day when we see a news saying that City will be moved to Amaze platform!

Last edited by romeomidhun : 19th May 2022 at 17:05.
romeomidhun is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th May 2022, 11:09   #42
Senior - BHPian

I'm happy there's some news coming in from Honda but come on - why the Amaze platform for the midsize SUV? Something along the lines of a restyled, raised and cladded City Hatchback could do the trick. It already has all the nice things a modern buyer wants (infotainment system aside). Honda risk a BR-V again by building the midsize one on the Amaze platform. I already think the new Indonesian BR-V's interiors aren't on par with its price tag.
ron178 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2022, 12:15   #43
Senior - BHPian

Upcoming Honda Compact & Midsize SUVs to also boast Diesel & Hybrid Engines In India.
Attached Thumbnails
Scoop! Honda India working on new Compact SUV-h1.jpg  

Scoop! Honda India working on new Compact SUV-h2.jpg  

Scoop! Honda India working on new Compact SUV-hondarsconcept1068x534.jpg  

Scoop! Honda India working on new Compact SUV-upcominghondasuvsfeatured.jpg  

RM Motorsports is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th May 2022, 12:40   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VikramCS View Post
Too late Honda - a CSUV that too with 1.2L petrol?? How will this be different from WRV then? According to me, two main drawbacks of WRV - 1. Lame petrol engine 2. No Automatic transmission.
A competitor to Venue, Sonet, Magnite, Triber, Nexon. All of them have 1.2L petrol. No? And by the way WRV belongs to the same class.

Slightly OT - There are many posts in our forum, asking Honda to plonk CITY's 1.5 in WRV and Jazz. But, we never asked the same for a Baleno or an i20. Sheer brilliance and capability of the product. Agreed?
Old 20th May 2022, 20:39   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saisree View Post
Slightly OT - There are many posts in our forum, asking Honda to plonk CITY's 1.5 in WRV and Jazz. But, we never asked the same for a Baleno or an i20. Sheer brilliance and capability of the product. Agreed?
Agree. Honda's 1.5L iVtech is a brilliant engine.

Last edited by Aditya : 21st May 2022 at 17:03. Reason: Quoted text trimmed

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks