Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th January 2021, 17:35   #1
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai Santro & Grand i10 Corporate Editions discontinued

The Hyundai Santro and Grand i10 NIOS Corporate Editions have been discontinued.

Hyundai Santro & Grand i10 Corporate Editions discontinued-download-31.jpg

The limited edition variants of both cars were based on the Magna trim. The Grand i10 NIOS came equipped with features such as a 6.7-inch touchscreen infotainment head-unit with Apple CarPlay and Android auto connectivity, in-cabin air purifier with gesture control and Hepa filter.

Hyundai Santro & Grand i10 Corporate Editions discontinued-download-32.jpg

The Santro Corporate Edition was offered with a touchscreen infotainment head-unit, electrically adjustable ORVMs with integrated turn indicators, day and night IRVM and special edition badges.

Hyundai Santro & Grand i10 Corporate Editions discontinued-hyundaivenuesantrograndi10discontinued.jpg

Source: Rushlane
TusharK is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2021, 01:45   #2
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Santro & Grand i10 Corporate Editions discontinued

Can anyone explain what Hyundai's intention of selling these variants in the first place was?
Old 7th January 2021, 10:24   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriverNo.420 View Post
Can anyone explain what Hyundai's intention of selling these variants in the first place was?
Corporate editions serve 3 purposes:

- The car business has enormous fixed costs. The more cars you make, the cheaper the cost of each car.

- Add sales volume & increase market-share

- Keep fleet / commercial owners happy. Also helps retain them in the family as some corporates prefer to buy a mix of fully loaded variants (for more senior staff) and base variants (for mundane work).

As to why the corporate editions were discontinued, its simple. Hyundai now doesn't have the spare capacity (or part availability) for them and would rather build more expensive cars or variants.
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2021, 12:44   #4
BHPian

My friend has booked a Grand i10 Nios corporate edition in December 2020 and is expecting delivery later this month. A Jan vehicle was to cost him 10k more given the price hike. However, he insisted that he does not want a 2020 make vehicle, hence the Jan delivery.

Just yesterday the dealership called him and said that they have 2020 make vehicle available with them at the old price.

Now in light of this announcement to withdraw these specs, please advise if my friend should keep the booking and proceed with taking the 2020 vehicle or cancel the booking outright.
Slipstream11 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2021, 20:32   #5
BHPian

I am currently looking for "cheapest" AMT to buy in lease policy of my company.
Personally I liked this corporate edition. Since company takes time process the lease application, I wonder I would be able to get the "Corporate Edition".
My main incentive to go for corporate edition over normal Magna trim was the touchscreen infotainment system. I will still try to check with few dealerships.
Old 9th January 2021, 08:45   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipstream11 View Post
My friend has booked a Grand i10 Nios corporate edition in December 2020 and is expecting delivery later this month. A Jan vehicle was to cost him 10k more given the price hike. However, he insisted that he does not want a 2020 make vehicle, hence the Jan delivery.

Just yesterday the dealership called him and said that they have 2020 make vehicle available with them at the old price.

Now in light of this announcement to withdraw these specs, please advise if my friend should keep the booking and proceed with taking the 2020 vehicle or cancel the booking outright.
If the dealer offers a good deal, I don’t think your friend should worry much about it. After all, this is a magna underneath with bits and pieces from the higher sportz and Asta trims thrown in. Part availability should not be an issue since Hyundai has not discontinued the vehicle or the higher variants which use the touch screen, electric folding mirrors, etc. Ask your friend to compare pricing of the booked variant with sportz and magna and then take a final call.
furyrider is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks