Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th April 2021, 12:12   #46

Re: Kia to get new logo & motto - Corporate branding revision

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram_bishop View Post
Remembered this thread when I saw these pictures of Sonet delivered with new Kia logo, if anyone still interested it's shared in one of the Facebook groups that I'm in and this Sonet belongs to Kerala.

Cheers
Ram
Is this how it's meant to be though? Looking at the spy shots, it looks like they have removed the outer oval part of the badge. The new logo looks more like a sticker than a badge.

Also, does anyone foresee having the older logo as potential lesser resale value in the future?
ChiwdaG is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st April 2021, 15:28   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiwdaG View Post
Is this how it's meant to be though? Looking at the spy shots, it looks like they have removed the outer oval part of the badge. The new logo looks more like a sticker than a badge.

Also, does anyone foresee having the older logo as potential lesser resale value in the future?
The logo does look more chic and modern now. Although, I'll agree that removing the oval ring kind of makes the new logo a bit diminutive.

Also, I don't think the resale of older logo badged kia's will be affected as much as things like condition, service history of the car etc. take precedence. The resale value of Sonet is yet to be seen anways in our market as it's still a fresh product.
Doonite is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2021, 19:41   #48
BHPian

Does having a new logo change anything on the ground? Will the cars drive better (and more importantly, brake better) or have improved FE? Will the dealers behave less arrogantly, will Service staff not try to upsell unnecessary add ons?

IMHO, in absence of any of the above, this just remains cosmetic change, much a do about nothing ... is this all it takes these days to get a learned community of auto enthusiasts excited?
Totoro11 is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed