Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd January 2021, 16:17   #136
BHPian

Re: Jeep Compass Facelift unveiled

Two important additions are 4Low and Hill descent control, have to see how 4Low increases its capability, i guess this will happen only in TBHP's review.

Jeep should have addressed these in facelift:
Better approach angle
Increased GC
Safer placement of EPB
Smaller IRVM housing
bullitt1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2021, 16:35   #137
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullitt1 View Post
Safer placement of EPB
I don’t think it is positioned in a safe place! It has been shifted completely to the passenger side such that the driver has to take his hand around the gear lever to access it.

Jeep Compass Facelift unveiled-6a49f2014dc841da898a3ad37221b154.png
CEF_Beasts is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2021, 16:54   #138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
I don’t think it is positioned in a safe place! It has been shifted completely to the passenger side such that the driver has to take his hand around the gear lever to access it.

Attachment 2111944
It actually does look scary. I have tried it on the older compass and it takes absolutely no effort to activate it. Will have to take efforts to keep kids away from it to avoid accidental activation at high speeds or someone might end up testing its Electronic Roll Mitigation feature without actually intending to do so!
scarezebra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2021, 16:58   #139
BHPian

As others have raised this issue earlier, i had first hand experience of this during one of the trips to North, when my kid pressed EPB and car came to shuddering halt.

Very fortunately i was doing low speeds with no traffic behind.

Now, what's going to happen at triple digit speed is left to imagination.
Old 22nd January 2021, 18:09   #140
BHPian

Autocar acceleration timings for the New Compass has reduced by a second for 0-100 km/hr. I wonder if it has anything to do with the revised tuning of the 9-AT box.
Harsha89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2021, 14:49   #141
BHPian

Dare I say the insides look a step up from the likes of the new Fortuner Legender & the Facelifted Tucson. Have not seen the new car in person but will when I take my Compass for servicing but one thing that Jeep need to do is to release ncap scores.
ajaiD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2021, 17:09   #142
Senior - BHPian

Jeep Compass Facelift unveiled

Interesting update. For sure a big step up in interior design and quality.:

Looks like all the goodies will be retained for the S trim.

Not sure as to how many off the new features will be available on the lower specced variants.

Will FCA retain the 10.1 inch tablet for all the variants?

Wonder how the new dash will look without the leather in entry level models?

This S trim is going to be a halo product with halo pricing. Would be surprised if it does not breach 34-35 lakhs on road Bangalore.

Expect a lot of dummy buttons for the lower variants.
Old 23rd January 2021, 17:58   #143
REN
BHPian

The second digital film of the new Compass with a peek into the light coloured interiors:

Jeep Compass Facelift unveiled-screenshot-20210123-5.37.54-pm.png
REN is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2021, 21:32   #144
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by REN View Post
The second digital film of the new Compass with a peek into the light coloured interiors:
I like these interior colours! The compass isn't a big car and an all black might make it feel even more cramped than it is.

Interesting to see that this image also has a panoramic sunroof. Does it mean that the limited (O) will have these interiors and the top trim 'S' will have an all black interior?
Old 23rd January 2021, 21:56   #145
BHPian

The price reveal is set for 27th Jan. Let's hope for a sensible pricing. The new interiors and features have really taken the product a step or two further but hope Jeep doesn't do something crazy with the pricing

Jeep Compass Facelift unveiled-screenshot-20210123-9.52.59-pm.png
batladanny is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2021, 23:40   #146
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyas_H View Post
I like these interior colours! The compass isn't a big car and an all black might make it feel even more cramped than it is.

Interesting to see that this image also has a panoramic sunroof. Does it mean that the limited (O) will have these interiors and the top trim 'S' will have an all black interior?
I sure hope so! Ever since the chinese version of the facelift was revealed I have been looking forward to the brown colored dashboard. The black version looks good but the brown somehow feels better!
scarezebra is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th January 2021, 11:10   #147
BHPian

What i honestly hope is Jeep India launching the facelifts at current pricing, as Introductory Pricing, and hope to build up a substantial order book to sustain them till festive season. And then depending on the union budget and market outlook make small incremental increases over time.

I hope they don't fall prey to the Discount cycle to push sales, reminds me of early 2000 fast fashion (Koutons and TNG types) that were on perpetually on discount of some sort through out the year.

But looking at how established players have increased prices by 15-25k for existing models and new facelifts by 60-80+k, get a vibe that Jeep india in guise of Premium product may be taking the pricing further north.

ps : i have a personal interest in Jeeps future in India, need a service centre ��

Cheers
Old 24th January 2021, 12:05   #148
BHPian

Quote:
As of now my consideration set is -
  • New Compass
  • Tata Harrier
  • Skoda Kushaq
  • VW Taigun
  • Skoda Octavia
While the Harrier is brilliant, it's a tad too large for my liking - daily commute and parking it in my spot will be a bit of a challenge everyday. I also really don't need a Diesel because running is expected to be low.

All the others are new launches and Octavia is the only Sedan I'm willing to consider as of now! Will test drive the Jeep soon and wait for others to launch before taking a call.

For the Compass, I'm planning to take a long test drive of the Petrol automatic and then decide. I hope they don't price the top end way beyond the current Limited Plus.
Almost exactly my list. The only difference being we don't have a sedan at all on the shortlist. My days of sedan driving are over.

My gripe with the Harrier is ironically also the size. I feel it's perfect for long distances but in the city like Mumbai, might taking some serious getting used to.

The only other issue with that list - is that Kushaq/Taigun are new launches and I've never been a fan of buying 1st gen new platforms.

When do you plan on test driving the new Compass? Was not aware they started offering it in Mumbai at least.
Vandit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2021, 12:49   #149
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandit View Post

The only other issue with that list - is that Kushaq/Taigun are new launches and I've never been a fan of buying 1st gen new platforms.
True, however these platforms are a derived/localised version of an existing platform (MQB A0), so should still be sorted. Plus having heard such rave reviews about the 1.5 L petrol + DSG combo and Skoda promising great features at value pricing, I do want to wait to test drive it.

Quote:
When do you plan on test driving the new Compass? Was not aware they started offering it in Mumbai at least.
I don't think they've started test drives yet, probably after the price reveal on 27th. I'm not in a hurry, will ask for a long-ish test drive around end of February/early March when the initial rush would have died down!
Shreyas_H is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2021, 21:13   #150
BHPian

Quote:
True, however these platforms are a derived/localised version of an existing platform (MQB A0), so should still be sorted. Plus having heard such rave reviews about the 1.5 L petrol + DSG combo and Skoda promising great features at value pricing, I do want to wait to test drive it.

I don't think they've started test drives yet, probably after the price reveal on 27th. I'm not in a hurry, will ask for a long-ish test drive around end of February/early March when the initial rush would have died down!
Yea was thinking the same. I'm hoping the budget doesn't throw up nasty surprises before then. Also as another member posted, this "introductory pricing" strategy too might be used to push "potential" buyers into buying ahead of the competition launches, because it looks to me like Skoda/VW are clearly struggling a bit with their speed to market and have pushed out "previews/teasers" in a bid to precisely counter the like of JC and others to avoid poaching their "potential" buyers as they won't be ready till a Q1 launch - which to me says that it's more likely like April/May timelines till they actually hit the showrooms. Lol. That was a bit tough to explain, but to me it's interesting as the 17-25 lakh range is seeing a lot of action.

Last edited by Vandit : 24th January 2021 at 21:15.
Vandit is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks